Thread: Roll Over Data

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Probably no difference:

1) Extra data package (bought in previous cycle) will carry over as primary data in the new cycle until used up.
    2) Regular monthly data will then kick in.
    3) Rollover data from previous month will be accessed last, if there is any.

And yet the GoPhone TOS clearly says there is NO rollover data for monthly plans which have a data allotment:

So, why would someone click on a LINK in the TOS to see which monthly plans potentially have rollover data, when the TOS plainly states NO monthly plans with data allotments have rollover data?

We aren't saying there isn't rollover data. Both lennydude's and my posts with screenshots proves there is -- in addition to the AT&T press release and blog posting. Pomgup merely pointing out the TOS cannot be trusted until it's updated.

Also brings up the question... If that's wrong, what else is wrong?

So, any posts only referencing the GoPhone TOS will be considered dubious unless backed up by actual GoPhone customers or some other AT&T source.
    Just realized that GoPhone's rollover data gets added at the end and I'm livid. What a really sneaky way to cheat customers out of data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmith007 View Post
    Just realized that GoPhone's rollover data gets added at the end and I'm livid. What a really sneaky way to cheat customers out of data.
    For that reason, in my case the rollover data is completely useless: I'd have to burn the allocated monthly allowance first (I almost never do) to be able to take advantage of that, and besides that the rollover data expires after another period. But all that is explicitly stated in the terms. One needs to read them and realize that the feature is not as good as they make it sound.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmith007 View Post
    And yet you didn't notice that this thread was started in 2015 ? It makes perfect sense if you think about it, there is no difference in how the data is used in the long run.

Nothing new here, rollover has always worked this way. Having rollover is a courtesy, you aren't paying extra to have/use it.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    It makes perfect sense if you think about it, there is no difference in how the data is used in the long run.
    Thank you for this response.

5+3=8 3+5=8

What is the difference?

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    Thank you for this response.

5+3=8 3+5=8

What is the difference?
    On another large major carrier, they use the rollover first. So if you start with a 5 gb plan, you use 2 gb, you have 3 to rollover. Next month you have 8gb, if you use 2 gb then the following months after you always have 10 gb if the rollover is used first and you rarely use more than the rollover. This may say you have too big of a plan but it may be the smallest plan available.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5