Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Z222 USB connection to a computer?

Feedback Score

Z222 USB connection to a computer?

Is there a way to connect an AT&T Z222 to a computer using a USB cable, to transfer things like photos and ringtones without getting charged?

When I connected the phone to a Windows PC, a dialog popped up to install a Z222 USB driver, which looked promising. But after the installation was complete, the phone didn't appear as a disk drive in My Computer, and running all the Z222 programs that were installed didn't do anything.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Try Bluetooth.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Is USB possible? My computer doesn't have Bluetooth.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryelstein View Post
    Is there a way to connect an AT&T Z222 to a computer using a USB cable, to transfer things like photos and ringtones without getting charged?
    No, I think you're out of luck. There are no PIM programs out there anymore AFAIK. Besides, AT&T phones were usually locked down anyway.

Sent from an iPad via the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Is USB possible? My computer doesn't have Bluetooth.
    You can get a Bluetooth adapter, which plugs into a USB port, for under $10. That telephone has very little storage space anyway, only about twenty megabytes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    No, I think you're out of luck. There are no PIM programs out there anymore AFAIK. Besides, AT&T phones were usually locked down anyway.
    So is http://www.att.com/cellphones/att/z222.html just plain wrong where it says "USB connectivity - transfer data through a USB cable"?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    So is http://www.att.com/cellphones/att/z222.html just plain wrong where it says "USB connectivity - transfer data through a USB cable"?
    Transfer what data?

Could it mean phone as a modem via the USB cable?

You might be better off looking for a decent used Motorola Tundra or Samsung Rugby flip phone. At least they have the ability to use an SD card to store pictures

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did you install any drivers for the phone? Or are they drivers from Microsoft?

ZTE Handset USB drivers for Windows

You might be able to access the phones memory with a program like BitPim.

Addition:
    If you want the phone to show up like a disk drive you must have a sd card inserted. Only data on the sd card will be viewable from the computer. You should be able to transfer files from the internal storage to a memory card using the phones file browser.
    Last edited by 3DThrillSeek; 05-19-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DThrillSeek View Post
    Did you install any drivers for the phone? Or are they drivers from Microsoft?

ZTE Handset USB drivers for Windows

You might be able to access the phones memory with a program like BitPim.

Addition:
    If you want the phone to show up like a disk drive you must have a sd card inserted. Only data on the sd card will be viewable from the computer. You should be able to transfer files from the internal storage to a memory card using the phones file browser.
    That phone does not have an SD card and will not be recognized by BIT PIM. Which by the way, has not been updated in 5 years.

It's a 14.99 phone and as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" as with most things.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That phone does not have an SD card and will not be recognized by BIT PIM. Which by the way, has not been updated in 5 years.

It's a 14.99 phone and as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" as with most things.

According to Phone Arena it does have a microSD slot. Just because BitPim hasn't been updated in five years doesn't mean it won't work. All the OP needs for BitPims file explorer to work is the usb composite driver. It's likely included in the package I linked.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DThrillSeek View Post
    According to Phone Arena it does have a microSD slot. Just because BitPim hasn't been updated in five years doesn't mean it won't work. All the OP needs for BitPims file explorer to work is the usb composite driver. It's likely included in the package I linked.
    That's interesting that Phone Arena states it has Micro SD expansion but AT&T doesn't list it. Hard to believe it does with a VGA camera. I guess the OP will let us know.

Bit PIM would not work with my Motorola Tundra or Samsung Rugby 2.

At the end of the day it's a 14.99 phone and I don't think we can expect much from it.

Feedback Score
    if your phone and plan allow data, e-mail the file as an attachment to/from the phone with a multimedia message (MMS.) AT&T (and their mvno H2O) use the address '[email protected]' using your ten digit phone number. Keep the attachment size reasonably small if sending to the phone.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's interesting that Phone Arena states it has Micro SD expansion but AT&T doesn't list it. Hard to believe it does with a VGA camera. I guess the OP will let us know.
    I looked at the specs from ZTE and it doesn't say anything about a microSD slot. Phone arena must be wrong.

ZTE has a software suite called JoinMe. It might be worth a try.

JoinMe by ZTE

You can get usb bluetooth dongles very cheap!

Bluetooth 4.0 USB $4.95 free shipping.
    Bluetooth 2.0 USB $2.95 free shipping.

An alternative to all this is to just get a better phone. Samsung Rugbys can be had cheap on ebay. They're easy to sync via USB using Samsungs PC studio software and have microSD support.

Feedback Score

Bit PIM would not work with my Motorola Tundra or Samsung Rugby 2.
    I'm unable to find a MicroSD slot on the phone.

Bit PIM says it's for CDMA phones, but this phone is GSM.

Feedback Score
    I'm unable to find a MicroSD slot on the phone.

Bit PIM says it's for CDMA phones, but this phone is GSM.
    GoPhone Lumia 635 is on sale 50$ brand new, 40$ refurbished @AT&T store. I got a new one and submitted an unlock code, two days later, code was emailed to me.

http://www.att.com/cellphones/nokia/...sku=sku7320329

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast