Thread: ST BYOT SIM in Att Unite Hotspot

Feedback Score

ST BYOT SIM in Att Unite Hotspot

I have researched this and a number of people have this working. I changed the APN to straight talk ,tfdata. I can communicate with the Hot Spot and straight talk has sent message to the Hot Spot yet I cannot get on the internet. The device gives an error code 33. ST CSR was no much help insisting it only works in tablets when others have successfully done this. If it doesn't work I will have to live with AT&T's rates. Any advice to troubleshoot this further? Thanks.
    Last edited by buffaloguy; 05-24-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: error

Feedback Score
    do you have a t mobile tablet sim or an AT&T tablet sim ???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    do you have a t mobile tablet sim or an AT&T tablet sim ???
    No I don't. I do have the At&t hotspot sim. I did recall some one got this working but not before ST helped with provisioning.

Thanks.
    Last edited by buffaloguy; 05-24-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: left out data

Feedback Score
    I have this unit. I bought the ST tablet activation kit at Walmart and used the ATT sim. It worked for the first refill but then stopped. I called ST CS and they reset something and it worked. I wrote a thread about all of the steps a year or so ago. I think they reset something.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know if it's related... but Straight Talk recently began changing the AT&T APN from tfdata to PRODATA

We have an AT&T phone that uses the tablet plan (together with Google Voice/Hangouts) and after letting the service expire, we refilled the account and data didn't work. I went to the APN configuration site and noticed it was asking that we use a new APN: PRODATA
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    Yes I was going along smoothly then added auto pay then had to change APN because wasn't getting internet. Checked with straight Talk and am using PRODATA all caps. Don't like the part where current data does not show up on device nor gyre expiration date. But it does work and have to check with Straight a Talk for data used and available

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Solved!! Setting the apn for PRODATA did it. Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction

Steve

Feedback Score
    I got a note from ST that I will need to change my APN to "RESELLER" tomorrow. anyone heard of this one?

the mms setting were from att.net . . . and not on tracfone.com anymore.....