Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone know why this forum seems to have died?

Device(s)
    Samsung Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score

anyone know why this forum seems to have died?

Has rogers stopped offering better deals to try and retain customers at this point?
    -
    "The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Feedback Score
    No more retentions.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They no longer care if we stay or go

via the HoFo App
    Rogers Loyalty Package W/4GB Data

Feedback Score
    Yes i second that. I called rogers to get a better deal after entering the 3rd year of contract but they did not wish to give any.

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Why is this?
    Does anyone know why they dont care?
    Ask me for my Nickname online at HEATWARE and RFD to see my full 100% ratings!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiksa View Post
    Why is this?
    Does anyone know why they dont care?
    Rogers only wants 'high value' clients. $70+. The rest can pound sand.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    I think some one at Rogers has the interest to let down the company. Who knows? Business is business perhaps they think with fido and chatr tgey make big money and keep only high payment contract to Rogers. It is just a guess.

Feedback Score
    You dont need retention just pay the price you should be paying.

Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They just don't offer retention deals anymore. At least not good ones that I'm aware of

via the HoFo App
    Boh, chi si capisce é bravo e chi dorme non prende pesci!

PRO = unlim min plan on Rogers mad seeg network

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    You dont need retention just pay the price you should be paying.
    Why on earth would I want to do that?

I have 30% off of my full TV packages, which include a lot and I negotiated a deal whereby for 8 years, yes, 8 years, which has been verfified by the CRTC and Rogers has on my account, that i pay only $43 for my internet cable and they cannot attempt under any conditions, short of my okaying it, that the price can go up.
    They tried once and the CRTC stepped in and the price went right back down and I, as well as others that had negotiated the same deal, were returned money.

If you are unable to negotiate well, thats your cross to bear but if I cant get the price I want, then I walk, which I will be doing tomorrow morning after paying up this month. (with regards to my mobile so they lose $172 monthly)

I am not interested in paying $118 for a phone I barely use to make phone calls with, nor even hit 1 gig of my allocated 6 gigs.
    Feel free to pay your bill in full but i prefer to negotiate.

That said?
    My belief about retentions, or the lack thereof these days is due to the high number of canadians cutting their cord to TV and the money Rogers is losing in the meantime.
    The landscape is changing and I suspect in 20 years none of us will get our TV through the methods we use now so I suspect Rogers, Bell, etc, are maximising the mobile area of their business as much as possible.

They negotiate well on the rest if you know what to say, partly I suspect because they are just trying to hold onto as many as they can in the meantime .

Edit: Plus, they cant negotiate with Wind and other companies such as that offering unlimited cable for $35 monthly There are many out there like myself that try to make as few phone calls as possible.
    I consider phone calls an intrusion and much prefer people text message me, and I in return.
    Regardless of the lowered quality of Wind these days, people would prefer to pay $35 and lose the odd dropped call than pay $118 and not miss any

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I phoned yesterday to cancel one of my phones.
    I have 2.
    A One Plus One phone which I pay $95 a month on. Its a shared 6 gig plan and the second phone is an iphone 5 which I paid $55.

The iphone 5 would be owned outright one year from now, July 2016. It was one of the last 3 year plans.
    The One Plus One is my own phone but on an old 2 year contract I had a phone, which I sold and am just paying off monthly until November of this year.

A few weeks ago when the CRTC killed the pay out charges on phones owed, whatever was left on the iPhone is now zero owed and $110 i would owe on the main line, the One Plus one at $95 per month if i left and had to pay the flex tab on it

So I was going to take the One Plus One, the main phone and go to Wind. Tried to pay off my flex tab on that phone which was just $106 as Wind told me to do but naturally they put me through to "retentions" and they tried to give me better deals, none of which appealed to me but on the last point she did mention that my good deals on internet and TV could be affected.

That wasn't actually true. They were originally made apart from the 2 cell phones but when I got off the phone, I KNEW Rogers would pull something and there would be a fight, invariably that i would likely win but I so hate dealing with them and their trickery every time so I gave it more thought as she did offer me a deal. Only when I thought about it further, considered everything, including the cost of taking both phones from Rogers to Wind, paying off flex tab on one etc, did it make sense to stay with Rogers.
    That was partly pushed because the moment I would have taken my One Plus One phone away, the $55 phone would have jumped up to $60 or $65 so every way I went the savings became lower and lower but not low enough it was worth switching to an inferior system such as Wind.

In the end, they gave me the iphone for $20 less, at $35 and my One Plus One for $79 so i am saving $36 a month with this deal. And I still maintain the shared 6 gigs.
    Had I wanted to share only 1 gig, i could have brought my phone further down $19 more dollars to $60 and the iphone would have stayed at $35 but I want the shared 6 gigs

Ideally for me I am working at home now and just don't need this second phone but at least with that much off monthly I don't mind it.

In any event.....just letting people know that you can still get "some" deals if you do make them believe you are leaving for Wind or someone else far less than they can compete with. At that point they will give you the best deal they can.

Its now referred to as the "Loyalty Shareable 6GB-Bring Your Own "....even though, the iPhone wouldn't have been my own until one year from now, although they cancelled the flex tab on that due to the CRTC so a year early its considered our own, and my phone, not my own until November of this year but technically as far as they are concerned, they are both more or less owned for all I would have had to pay on mine was $110
    Last edited by Shiksa; 07-08-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiksa View Post
    In the end, they gave me the iphone for $20 less, at $35 and my One Plus One for $79 so i am saving $36 a month with this deal. And I still maintain the shared 6 gigs.
    Had I wanted to share only 1 gig, i could have brought my phone further down $19 more dollars to $60 and the iphone would have stayed at $35 but I want the shared 6 gigs
    So let me see if I understand this properly, you got this deal: $79 base for the main line and then $35 for the second shared line?
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yes, for a 6 gig shared plan.....Just to reiterate I am now paying $79 instead of $95 and $35 instead of $55......but only paying $35 because that phone is on a shared plan.
    If the iphone were on its own only, then no, they never would have given me the $35 price but shared, yes, $79 and $35

Let me see if I can take a screenshot and post it for you of the receipt, minus my name, etc

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    cant show a big version here for some reason but here it is

Feedback Score
    And for the sake of complete info if i may ask, what is included in $79.?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast