Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone know why this forum seems to have died?

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I changed this late last night and got the receipt, shown above right away by email. I just looked and the details at my rogers.com page has not yet been updated. I will keep my eyes on it today and as soon as it is, I shall update that information here.
    But at no time on the phone call did we talk of any changes. I say that as someone that negotiates yearly with Rogers and is well conditioned to listen to every word uttered to me as I am more than aware of how they trick people with the terminology used, or lack thereof.
    As a former legal assistant, I am well aware of the nuances used by Rogers

Therefore, at this point in time, I do not believe there should be any changes other than the price. If any are made of any consequence, I will fight it but they also know that I will so I really don't believe this will change in any aspect.
    Also be aware that I never asked for any added features as I do not use my phone for business. Therefore, my understanding of the packaged details are that these are basic package details.

ShareEverything 6GB-Smtph ....Android One Plus One phone attached to these details....

(Listed beside the Main Phone that was $95, now $79, that was from a 2 year plan. I still owe $110 on this plan for my flextab IF i decide to leave early. This phone plan would have ended on November 31, 2015)

Unlimited Shared Minutes
    Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes

Between Us Calling
    Billed Usage-Invoice Details
    Unltd Shared Canadian LD Mins Unltd Shared Text/Pic/Video
    Call Forwarding/Call Transfer
    Call Display
    6GB Shared Data
    Unltd Nationwide Video Call

VOICEMAIL not included

ShareEverything 6GB-Smtph ...iPhone 5 attached to these details...

(Listed beside the iPhone 5 that was $55, now $35, that was from a 3 year plan. No flextab owed on this phone. This phone plan would have ended July, 2016)

Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes
    Unlimited Shared Minutes

Call Forwarding/Call Transfer
    Billed Usage-Invoice Details
    Rogers One Number Cdn LD
    Rogers One Number Cdn Video
    Rogers One Number Cdn Text
    Rogers One Number Cdn Pic/Vid
    Call Display Unltd Shared Text/Pic/Video
    Unltd Shared Canadian LD Mins
    Between Us Calling
    LTE Shared Internet
    Unltd Nationwide Video Call

VOICEMAIL not included

As stated, I shall update this with new details IF any, or at least let u know if they remain exactly the same, aside from the pricing, once Rogers updates my rogers.com page. As of this moment, my old prices are still reflected but according to the email they sent to me, it all changed last night.
    I saw this before, where they did not update the rogers.com page for 1-2 days afterwards.
    Ask me for my Nickname online at HEATWARE and RFD to see my full 100% ratings!

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marflo View Post
    And for the sake of complete info if i may ask, what is included in $79.?
    Be aware that this deal was offered to me as I have TWO phones. I cannot promise you that you would receive this for one phone only. In fact, I would be inclined to believe you would not and would only be able to receive if you do have two phones on a shared 6 gig plan.

Just as, IF i took away my $79 phone and had only the iPhone/$35 phone remaining, not only would I NOT have received a $35 deal for it, it would have gone up from $55 to either $60 or $65. I believe it would have been $60.

So dont feel you can negotiate for this same deal with one phone only.

Now THAT SAID?

IF you do have only the one $95 phone and wish to save yourself $15, and haven't done so already, all you need to do is phone Rogers and tell them you wish to pay your full flex tab so you own ur phone outright at that point as you wish to pay less for your phone and move elsewhere.
    You just tell them that you need to know the full amount so you can pay it off. Dont ask, dont make it sound as if you are asking so as to see if you can afford to pay it for they might not offer you a better deal if they think you are just enquiring for the sake of curiosity. They need to know that you just want to know the amount, so you can pay it off and go join whoever u wish to join.

If they ask you where you are going, just say you aren't sure yet. Once they hear Wind, depending on the person you are speaking to, they will either offer you a deal or give up for they really can't compete with Wind. Someone else might find it different but for myself, I have always felt it was best not to give them too much information unless i feel it is best to do so. But that's just my opinion with regards to that.

They will usually then suggest a lower price, but taking away your gigs IF you have a good number of gigs, at which point you say, no, sorry, I am not willing to give up my data gigs as I can easily get unlimited where I might be going.

At that point they will offer you a years worth of $15 a month off your phone and you will pay $80.
    At the end of that year it will automatically go back to $95 and they will give you a story as to how they cant do it again for a second year and will once again do even more that time to strip you off your data for a lower price, but always refuse a lower data plan for thats how they get you.
    They give people lower data and then many go over their limit and pay much more.
    So never give up data even if you dont use it for you don't know 3 months from now if your habits might change.

At which point I would just say again that i can get a better deal elsewhere and I see no reason to pay $95....they won't let you out the door without at least trying to give you that $15 credit ALTHOUGH i never look a year ahead for by then there might be something else going on and even potentially better so you worry about that at that time.

For now, just get your $15 monthly saved.

I have a couple of people that write to me each year before renewal and ask me what to say. From my experience, I believe people that don't have Rogers offer them good deals aren't good liars, feel guilty and instead of sounding firm about it as someone really would sound as if this was really what they intend to do, the person doesn't tell them this is what they need, that being the flex tab amounts so they can pay it off but will ask them.....just tell them what you want, politely and be firm.
    Last night, just for example, when she began to offer me a deal I politely cut her off and said, thanks but really, you don't need to waste your time, I have already planned to leave and I know that you cant possibly match the deal I can get elsewhere. At no point was I rude but just came across as someone that knew what they wanted and was only trying to do her/him a favour by letting them know that they didn't have to waste their time giving me the sales pitch..nicely of course..NEVER rudely.

Thats how I always deal with it and always get what i want.
    Last night though I really wasn't interested in hearing her deals. I really was leaving.
    It was only after thanking her for her help and saying goodbye and then thinking of it about 30 min later that I started to account for everything, even such as the $25 per phone per Sim card it costs to join Wind. Once i began doing that, I realized that I was not making enough of a savings after all of it, to take the risk of going to a service that could drop my calls or, worse, not work inside my home.

At that point i called back and what had been offered, naturally, was on the file so I just explained that I would take it after all. That person tried to do it on her end but finally explained, that although she could see that it was ok to do so, she had to put me back to that department as her computer was not allowing her to do it for me. Fine, I went through to the next and in 2 minutes it was all done.

Easy Peasy! Hope that helps someone, if not you yourself

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Updated:

As expected, no changes were made other than the pricing.

Cheers...

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I dont know if i am allowed to post this url here as it is to a different forum but if those reading this have never negotiated their plans with Rogers before, u need to do some reading of this thread.

There may very well be one here on Howard's for retention deals for TV Cable/Internet cable, but this thread is what you need to read yearly.
    I don't mean the whole thread for its hundreds of pages and has been going for years but you do want to read the last 5 pages about a month before you are ready to renew your yearly pricing with regards to your Internet cable and TV.

You cannot deal with that, internet/TV at the same time you do your mobiles for when negotiating, they are considered two different areas. You deal with each one of the two separately for the best deals.

In the rfd forum its under the thread,
    "rogers-cable-retentions-new-customers-deal" (being new or old doesn't matter)

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/roger...pdated-785331/

I will look to see if there is one here.

EDIT: OK I see there is one here. This thread is part of it. Its just a bit different here in that there are all sorts of threads and each one is different. My preferred thread for this is the other one as it goes on for 1200 pages and has been going for years. Because there are so many changes, people just read the most recent 5 pages when they want to see what everyone not only has received but what to say and everyone thats new to it often post what they have, w hat they want and ask if they can get it and how and usually are answered. There is just a lot more on it there.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. The reason i asked details is because my daughter did not get any deal with Rogers. For me it worked out ver y well for my two lines with Fido. I do not get why Rogers and all carriers ask so much for voicemail. If you have call forward ing you my forward to a internet no or voip and is cheaper. I use fongo and freephoneline.

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marflo View Post
    Thank you. The reason i asked details is because my daughter did not get any deal with Rogers. For me it worked out ver y well for my two lines with Fido. I do not get why Rogers and all carriers ask so much for voicemail. If you have call forward ing you my forward to a internet no or voip and is cheaper. I use fongo and freephoneline.
    I have a fongo phone account set up on my phone as a second line.
    I sell on the web and dont want people having my home number so when I am expecting calls or text messages from these customers, I turn on Fongo account.

I have used it for several years but I don't personally think its the best system.
    Yes, its very good, especially for a free service but for my needs i would not wish to use it as my main phone but it does do what I ask of it perfectly.

As for voice mail, don't go by my deal as I hate voice mail and never take it or use it if I do have it.
    I don't push for friends or family to call me unless absolutely necessary.
    Phones for me are an intrusion so i prefer people text me. I don't use them to chat on. I am a simple "be there in 5 minutes type of caller" hence, no one needs to leave me a message IF i want them calling me. i see they have called and I will call them back.

So i don't use voice mail as I find all the spam calls annoying and have various block call programs to filter out spam calls. I just set them so the phone picks up and hangs up all the time or, if that phone is jailbroken/rooted I have it set to be busy any time they call so the last thing i want is the Weston Hotel, Air Canada, and whatever other ones are presently making the rounds of spamming us all

Whether voice mail was originally included or not on this, I can't say, because i don't use it.

Edit: WestJet, cant forget the #1 spammer, West Jet /sighs

Feedback Score
    Thank you for these thoughts. Indeed each of us has the needs in different way. It is our choice to prioritize to better fit for us. It seems that lot of people use now a days internet phone services. I also have fongo app previously Dell voice. Good luck.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Anyone getting any decent offers from retentions close to the $50 5 gig plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuelled by rice

Feedback Score
    $50 for 8gb plan. Took a lot of talking before she agreed to it. It also includes unlimited texting with picture and video and unlimited Canada wide talking. When my sister tried after I told her about my plan she got the same thing for $60. It seems that who you talk to there can make a difference.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    $60 for 8 gigs sounds pretty good.
    Especially with the Canada wide calling and voice mail options.
    Were you able to negotiate subsidized HUP as well?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie53 View Post
    $50 for 8gb plan. Took a lot of talking before she agreed to it. It also includes unlimited texting with picture and video and unlimited Canada wide talking. When my sister tried after I told her about my plan she got the same thing for $60. It seems that who you talk to there can make a difference.
    That unreal pricing in today market...

Feedback Score
    My sister got a sweet deal on a iPhone 7 as well.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    How good of a deal?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone having any luck negotiating with retentions?
    Getting them to price match Wind/freedom or Public Mobile

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    No one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast