Thread: Help with Sharp / Softbank 943sh wifi access

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Sharp 943SH
    Feedback Score

Help with Sharp / Softbank 943sh wifi access

Hi guys,

I currently have the Sharp 943sh with a softbank USIM in it. As it is right now, the most I can do with this phone is access the phonebook, pictures, access a microSD's picture if there are any, and connect the phone as a mass storage device on my PC. All other features like wifi and the camera tell me that it's not available right now and that I need to retrieve Network info first and since I kinda have no signal here lol. But I was wondering if anyone knew if I could still access these features (mainly wifi) if I just connected the phone to a network and updated it, even after I don't have network access in the future? And would anyone know how to get network access on it or where I can maybe even unlock the phone so I could use it in other countries? I initially just bought the phone for cosplay reasons but I'm getting really attached to it lately so I was just wondering. My biggest priority is just being able to make use of the wifi feature though.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks ^^

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think this thread should answer your questions: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...OUS-943SH-help
    But you're not going to like the answers, I'm afraid.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Sharp 943SH
    Feedback Score
    Thank's for the reply!

I've already read that thread before joining. But your response indicated that you could still be able to use wifi. I was wondering if you had to unlock it for that to work. Also by no operator data, you mean to say that you can't make calls correct? I just need some things clarified.
    Thanks again!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You should be able to launch the Wi-Fi and connect to your own router. But "use Wi-Fi" - not really, as you can't download or install anything, and the browser isn't a full browser - it will only load mobile pages (remember, this phone was made in 2009). This means there is no practical use for Wi-Fi.

"Operator data" means internet connectivity provided by the operator. Being able to make calls and send/receive SMS is not related to having operator data or not.

To make calls and send SMS, you need to cheat the SIM lock -- I am not saying "unlock" because that's not possible. There are a couple of SoftBank 9XXSH models that could be programmatically unlocked, even enable data and remove the multimedia lock, but no one offers this service any more. It wasn't widely available in its own time either, plus it cost a fortune.

To cheat the SIM lock, you need a hypersim. This will allow the phone to connect to your operator's GSM network, sometimes even to the 3G network. In most cases you do connect to the 3G network, however, you can only make outgoing calls. If someone tries to call you, they hear something like "the subscriber's phone is not switched on or outside network coverage". This is why everyone used to select "GSM only" in Network settings.