Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Updates

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Announced July 13

Ottawa - Gatineau @ rue Davidson Ouest & rue Nobert

--
    sites.postpro.net
    'WIND New'
    Oh nice. That's right in my neighborhood.

djino

Device(s)
    Blackberry Q5, Blackberry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Wind, Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBomb View Post
    That should be a sign that WIND maybe isn't working out for you...
    Nope it's not.
    I mean even at home it doesn't work much, but it's not as bad if I have it by the window. I use a bluetooth headset so it makes most calls somewhat bearable. I had a landline when I was job hunting.
    Luckily here at home I can use wifi.

What's keeping me?
    International roaming. Wind's roaming blows everyone else out of the water there's no competition.

On the flip side, I should probably be working as opposed to texting during work... lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    What's keeping me?
    International roaming. Wind's roaming blows everyone else out of the water there's no competition.
    Me too. Europe and USA rates are stellar. I do wish they were able to expand those rates to more countries (Hong Kong/China and New Zealand specifically). I keep a maxroam sim as a fallback for Zone 5 areas and that rare time Wind fails to find a roaming partner (Portugal is bad for this); Rogers also has places they fail to find partners (Fiji of all things; phone worked fine with a local sim).

Carrying multiple sims for world travel is a huge improvement from when I had to carry multiple devices just to ensure coverage in Muskoka.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Announced August 19

[Ottawa] Manotick @ Manotick Main St & Beaverwood Rd

--
    kudos to ABWagner for his eagle eye
    site posted here as well to maintain the running record

--
    sites.postpro.net
    Last edited by pjw918; 08-20-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: fixed link

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    - Its been 2 weeks that me and my other colleague have issues with the Voice quality in our office (HWY 7 and Leslie St).
    For example in the peak hours people complain that they dont hear my voice and it keeps getting cut off for them, and to the point that I have to call them back on the landline. I know there is a tower right at North Eastern corner of Leslie St and Hwy 7 but calling the tech supports does not help and at the end they guide you to send your phone in for the warranty!

Anyone else in this area has issues? Any thought on that?
    WIND: Everywhere 55
    Unlimited CA/US Call, MMS, 8gb Data, 2400 min US/CA Roaming w/1gb Data

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Announced August 20

Hamilton @ Main Street West & Olser Drive

--
    sites.postpro.net
    'WIND New'

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Announced August 20

--
    sites.postpro.net
    'WIND New'
    Good spot for one, if they have an antenna aimed east.

I have a house a few streets away from that location and service was sometimes spotty. I called them and talked to them about it in the spring so it's nice to see them respond to those concerns.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score

Network Updates

Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    - Its been 2 weeks that me and my other colleague have issues with the Voice quality in our office (HWY 7 and Leslie St).
    For example in the peak hours people complain that they dont hear my voice and it keeps getting cut off for them, and to the point that I have to call them back on the landline. I know there is a tower right at North Eastern corner of Leslie St and Hwy 7 but calling the tech supports does not help and at the end they guide you to send your phone in for the warranty!

Anyone else in this area has issues? Any thought on that?
    You might want to give the name of the city so others could look it up easier. I'll ASSume somewhere in Ontario but I don't know the area well enough to narrow it down to a specific street.

Edit: I guess Toronto or Vaughan, after looking up your profile. Easier if mentioned though.

Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    You might want to give the name of the city so others could look it up easier. I'll ASSume somewhere in Ontario but I don't know the area well enough to narrow it down to a specific street.

Edit: I guess Toronto or Vaughan, after looking up your profile. Easier if mentioned though.

Anyone from the GTA would know where that is...but I'll help out anyway

It's Richmond Hill but its also Markham because the corner of Highway 7 & Leslie is the border of both towns/cities.

It is a very major office park/business hub and has tonnes of offices and IT companies. The congestion there must be brutal and that would explain why the service quality is so poor...
    T-Mobile
    $30 Simple Choice North America 10 GB

T-Mobile
    $3 Pay by the Day

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Announced August 20

--
    sites.postpro.net
    'WIND New'
    Woohoo, finally get coverage in University Plaza, the Fortinos, and the houses in the area! No more not being able to call when I'm out shopping/getting groceries.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeforshow View Post

It's Richmond Hill but its also Markham because the corner of Highway 7 & Leslie is the border of both towns/cities.

It is a very major office park/business hub and has tonnes of offices and IT companies. The congestion there must be brutal and that would explain why the service quality is so poor...
    But I'm in Edmonton so I don't know, which is why I made the comment. The GTA is mostly a mystery to me and probably most of Canada.

Using sites.postpro.net I can see there are only 2 towers nearby. Getting the nearby Mobilicity towers won't help either as they are further away, other than increasing the area performance or moving some traffic from one tower to another.

It will be nice if Wind gets to choose the Mobilicity towers it wants to maximize its coverage area.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeforshow View Post

Mind you.. I did not have any issues what so ever 1 month ago and suddenly the problems started!! I dont know why all of the sudden the network is congested.. what could have happened in the past few weeks?!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Mind you.. I did not have any issues what so ever 1 month ago and suddenly the problems started!! I dont know why all of the sudden the network is congested.. what could have happened in the past few weeks?!
    The only thing I can think of as a major influence would be the sale of Mobilicity to Rogers, even if the only thing that happened was Wind getting the bandwidth but immediately having it subservient to Rogers until December 29th. Nothing else changed that I am aware of.

If a pile of Mobi customers, fearing what Rogers might do, decided to switch to Wind, that could have overwhelmed the network in various areas. Either that or everyone on Wind is streaming Apple Music and bringing the network to its knees.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Just wanted to let you know that I also have started to notice serious issues with my WIND service when it comes to the voice quality. Even when calling customer service, the audio cuts out every 3 to 5 seconds.

I'm currently using my land line to call them and then the CSR tells me it's a hardware issue when in fact it's totally a problem on their end.

Is there another way I can escalate this to the network team?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yo2boyftw View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I also have started to notice serious issues with my WIND service when it comes to the voice quality. Even when calling customer service, the audio cuts out every 3 to 5 seconds.

I'm currently using my land line to call them and then the CSR tells me it's a hardware issue when in fact it's totally a problem on their end.

Is there another way I can escalate this to the network team?
    Yeah, quit. I am currently on my second go around with Wind and about ready to leave again. The first time, I use the network builder to inform them of coverage issues. It is like the round file, nothing happens. I called and that was worse as the CSs offer nothing but frustration. Reboot your phone, toggle airplane mode, check your APN... Learning from my own mistake, when I am ready to leave, I will simply leave unannounced. Wind knows full well that the network is completely congested. There is no point in complaining only to be told that you have faulty hardware.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast