Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 824

Thread: Network Updates

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,025
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yo2boyftw View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I also have started to notice serious issues with my WIND service when it comes to the voice quality. Even when calling customer service, the audio cuts out every 3 to 5 seconds.

    I'm currently using my land line to call them and then the CSR tells me it's a hardware issue when in fact it's totally a problem on their end.

    Is there another way I can escalate this to the network team?
    You know there is a problem. I know there is a problem. Wind knows there is a problem. Captain Obvious knows there is a problem.

    There is not a lot Wind can do about it until Wind gets full control of the 10MHz of bandwidth to make it to 20 or 30 MHz in BC, AB and ON.

    What are you expecting them to do right now? Or you just want to brag later how you left them because their service sucks? Or you threatened to leave and they went out and fixed things by finally getting more towers and bandwidth?

    CSR is right that it's a hardware issue. Wind needs more towers, thus more hardware. Everyone and their dog has some hardware called a smartphone and everyone is pushing streaming services to make money. Difficult to do with Wind on 10 to 20MHz of bandwidth though.

    It's like complaining to the water company that there is no water pressure after everyone is watching a live event on TV and the country all flushes at once during commercial break.

    But then perhaps, in the immortal words of the late Steve Jobs, we're all holding our phones wrong.




    .
    Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    You know there is a problem. I know there is a problem. Wind knows there is a problem. Captain Obvious knows there is a problem.

    There is not a lot Wind can do about it until Wind gets full control of the 10MHz of bandwidth to make it to 20 or 30 MHz in BC, AB and ON.

    What are you expecting them to do right now? Or you just want to brag later how you left them because their service sucks? Or you threatened to leave and they went out and fixed things by finally getting more towers and bandwidth?

    CSR is right that it's a hardware issue. Wind needs more towers, thus more hardware. Everyone and their dog has some hardware called a smartphone and everyone is pushing streaming services to make money. Difficult to do with Wind on 10 to 20MHz of bandwidth though.

    It's like complaining to the water company that there is no water pressure after everyone is watching a live event on TV and the country all flushes at once during commercial break.

    But then perhaps, in the immortal words of the late Steve Jobs, we're all holding our phones wrong.




    .
    Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    I'm not complaining about their s***y data service, I'm talking about voice, something so primitive a carrier in a 3rd world country can easily handle. AMR-WB voice quality which has severely degraded in the past couple of days in my specific area.

    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Yeah, quit. I am currently on my second go around with Wind and about ready to leave again. The first time, I use the network builder to inform them of coverage issues. It is like the round file, nothing happens. I called and that was worse as the CSs offer nothing but frustration. Reboot your phone, toggle airplane mode, check your APN... Learning from my own mistake, when I am ready to leave, I will simply leave unannounced. Wind knows full well that the network is completely congested. There is no point in complaining only to be told that you have faulty hardware.
    I also find it hilarious that I live only 100 meters from a verified WIND Mobile cell tower, yet I have to experience all this after nothing but 9 stars out of 10 service from 2011 to 2014. Sigh... good times.
    Last edited by yo2boyftw; 08-21-2015 at 07:12 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,131
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yo2boyftw View Post

    I also find it hilarious that I live only 100 meters from a verified WIND Mobile cell tower, yet I have to experience all this after nothing but 9 stars out of 10 service from 2011 to 2014. Sigh... good times.
    You should check into the details of that tower located 100 meters away. It could be pointed in the wrong direction. The closest tower to my home is about 500 meters away but pointed virtually 180 degrees in the wrong direction. Despite this, I get a reasonable signal at home, but data performance sucks. At work, signal strength is off the chart high, but data performance sucks.

    Perhaps I have been woken up by a dose of reality while on vacation. I used a prepaid Tbaytel SIM for a couple of weeks. This is 3G speeds from either a Tbaytel or Rogers tower up in the boonies. The data performance was wonderful! I was making hangouts phone calls all over, surfing the web on the phone and via tethering all without any lag. The data speed was not blazing fast but definitely very good. So, why can't Wind provide a comparable user experience? I know someone is going to chime in and say I was probably the only one on the cell tower at Winnie the Pooh's home town. The performance was uniformly good, even in Thunder Bay and other large towns. Surely I am not the only one on the network all the time.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0
    Announced August 24

    Abbotsford - Hwy 1 & Gladwin Rd

    --
    sites.postpro.net
    'WIND New'

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,025
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    0

    Network Updates

    Announced 2015 August 31

    GTA - Mississauga @ Square One Shopping Centre

    http://sites.postpro.net

    .
    Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    764
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    Announced 2015 August 31
    GTA - Mississauga @ Square One Shopping Centre
    WOW!! That's five in one month.
    Frankly, I was hoping for a bit more . . . .
    John <><

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    811
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm seeing new reports of towers in Vancouver and Richmond turned on for testing:
    1. At East-West connector in Richmond (BVA0162)
    2. Downtown Vancouver, near Beach and Jervis (BVA0049)

    Cannot confirm this information 100%, however.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada - Toronto
    Posts
    1,750
    Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    - Its been 2 weeks that me and my other colleague have issues with the Voice quality in our office (HWY 7 and Leslie St).
    For example in the peak hours people complain that they dont hear my voice and it keeps getting cut off for them, and to the point that I have to call them back on the landline. I know there is a tower right at North Eastern corner of Leslie St and Hwy 7 but calling the tech supports does not help and at the end they guide you to send your phone in for the warranty!

    Anyone else in this area has issues? Any thought on that?
    Just an update that the voice problem I was complaining 10 days ago is completely resolved. No more issues with the voice and I get reasonable DATA speed in the area again.

    I'm glad that I did not listen to CSR to send out my beloved less than 1 year old Note 4 to repair service!!
    WIND: Everywhere 55
    Unlimited CA/US Call, MMS, 8gb Data, 2400 min US/CA Roaming w/1gb Data

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    132
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
    I'm seeing new reports of towers in Vancouver and Richmond turned on for testing:
    1. At East-West connector in Richmond (BVA0162)
    2. Downtown Vancouver, near Beach and Jervis (BVA0049)

    Cannot confirm this information 100%, however.
    I live just across the water from Granville Island - and for the past couple of weeks I have been connecting to a new tower with great reception. On this map http://www.cellmapper.net/map it is listed as a hotspot with no number on it - Network Signal Pro also shows that I am connected to something over there.

    The closest tall building there would be Central 1 Credit Union building (the old BC Central Credit Union). Network Signal Pro shows it kind of over some of the yachts there - but it is probably the same.

    A bit further away but close there is/used to be a Mobilicty tower - not sure if there is any connection between the two.

    I also noticed there are other places downtown where there are hotspots on the map, but no numbers for the towers. I was wonder if that is kind of a proxy for what is coming next seeing that we can sometimes connect to a tower for some time before they announce it.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    811
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by star 69 View Post
    I live just across the water from Granville Island - and for the past couple of weeks I have been connecting to a new tower with great reception. On this map http://www.cellmapper.net/map it is listed as a hotspot with no number on it - Network Signal Pro also shows that I am connected to something over there.

    The closest tall building there would be Central 1 Credit Union building (the old BC Central Credit Union). Network Signal Pro shows it kind of over some of the yachts there - but it is probably the same.

    A bit further away but close there is/used to be a Mobilicty tower - not sure if there is any connection between the two.

    I also noticed there are other places downtown where there are hotspots on the map, but no numbers for the towers. I was wonder if that is kind of a proxy for what is coming next seeing that we can sometimes connect to a tower for some time before they announce it.
    There is a Mobilicity site on either the Molson brewery or a building across the street from it. That could perhaps be it...but not clear yet and I can't map it due to not being on WIND anymore. It is not on that building for sure, as there are no antennas on it.
    The towers are definitely on during testing, then keep it on for a few weeks to test before announcing it.
    That area of Kits needs coverage improvements for sure, I work around there and data was basically unusable. So it seems like they are trying to improve it. Ironically, Mobilicity had the strongest signal where I work...

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    634
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    Just an update that the voice problem I was complaining 10 days ago is completely resolved. No more issues with the voice and I get reasonable DATA speed in the area again.

    I'm glad that I did not listen to CSR to send out my beloved less than 1 year old Note 4 to repair service!!
    Funny thing is that would have worked. The other complainers who did get convinced to send in their device 10 days ago would just be getting it back now and finding the situation fixed.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0
    Announced September 2

    Calgary - Templegreen Dr NE & Templegreen Rd NE

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0
    Announced September 2

    Calgary - 2nd Ave SW & Barclay Parade SW

    --
    sites.postpro.net

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,960
    Device(s)
    BB Passport, MS 650DS, W10 Alcatel Idol 4s
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Haven't seen this one announced here yet, it was published in a tweet yesterday:

    North York, ON (Toronto): DVP & Spanbridge Road.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0
    That North York site was announced by WIND June 1, it's mapped on sites.postpro.net. Yesterday's tweet was for site 'enhancement'.

    I see besides the tumblr page they use WIND Network for listing new sites, at least those added since July 7.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phone(Delve) keeps resetting after network update
    By metachronos in forum ALLTEL
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 04:34 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
  4. Audiovox 5600 -- no network update of date and time?
    By jillwohl in forum UT Starcom / Audiovox
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 12:34 AM
  5. Verizon network update
    By Andy84094 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 07:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks