Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Updates

Device(s)
    N5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Announced September 2

Calgary - 2nd Ave SW & Barclay Parade SW

--
    sites.postpro.net

hmm

anyone know how to figure out the CID #'s on the antenna's up there with out walking around in circles of the building and ignoring the other known CID #'s of nearby towers.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    Just an update that the voice problem I was complaining 10 days ago is completely resolved. No more issues with the voice and I get reasonable DATA speed in the area again.

I'm glad that I did not listen to CSR to send out my beloved less than 1 year old Note 4 to repair service!!
    Surprisingly got fixed here as well. Looks like the network engineers are actively reading this thread :P

Now if only they could retrain their CSR because this was certainly not a hardware issue on all four of my phones (Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Xperia Z3 & ZenFone 2).

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ruden View Post
    anyone know how to figure out the CID #'s on the antenna's up there with out walking around in circles of the building and ignoring the other known CID #'s of nearby towers.
    Network Signal Info, Signal Check Pro and CellMapper all display your current CID. Network Signal Info and CellMapper can be set to sound on a cell change, CellMapper can vibrate as well, so you're not having to watch the screen constantly. Makes it very easy to see when/where your connection changes from one cell to another. With WIND the last character of the short CID is the cell/antenna number.

If you're wanting to confirm how many cells/antenna a site has, you'll need to move around the site. Circumnavigating a site is necessary to map the site location with CellMapper.

Does that answer the question?

In any case it might be helpful to others if those close to a newly announced WIND site could post a CID here. And if someone has the time, mapping the specific location using CellMapper and visual confirmation would be excellent.

Device(s)
    N5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Network Signal Info, Signal Check Pro and CellMapper all display your current CID. Network Signal Info and CellMapper can be set to sound on a cell change, CellMapper can vibrate as well, so you're not having to watch the screen constantly. Makes it very easy to see when/where your connection changes from one cell to another. With WIND the last character of the short CID is the cell/antenna number.

If you're wanting to confirm how many cells/antenna a site has, you'll need to move around the site. Circumnavigating a site is necessary to map the site location with CellMapper.

Does that answer the question?

In any case it might be helpful to others if those close to a newly announced WIND site could post a CID here. And if someone has the time, mapping the specific location using CellMapper and visual confirmation would be excellent.
    Not really was looking for a map or a actual listing but i guess with out TAFL being usable yet we dont get to know.

And ya I use network signal info, thats how i report which antennas are not working when i complain to them about dead signal but staying connected to the antenna. Didn't want to actually have to go over there as its close to two other tower locations since its downtown and would probably end up jumping between 4 other towers at the same time as well as the ??? that are up there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Announced September 10

Calgary - Stony Trail NE & 36 Street NE

--
    sites.postpro.net

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Announced September 14

Calgary - Sunridge Way NE & 29 Street NE

--
    sites.postpro.net

Tower #1457 & 4th additional tower for Calgary since September 02

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Based on the newer Calgary towers it looks like they have been taking over Mobilicity towers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 403808 View Post
    Based on the newer Calgary towers it looks like they have been taking over Mobilicity towers.
    Nope. Look at the sites.postpro.net link and choose the new towers and Mobi towers and they don't line up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Announced September 14

Vancouver - Bute Street & Harwood Street

--
    sites.postpro.net

Tower #1458

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Announced September 14

Vancouver - Langley @ 96 Avenue & 201 Street

--
    sites.postpro.net

Tower #1459

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Announced September 23

Waterloo - Erbsville Rd & Wideman Rd

Feedback Score
    What is the maximum distance of the aws1 signal from a tower?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Announced September 25

Vancouver - Abbotsford – Langley Township (Forest Knolls) @ Highway 1 & 232 Street

Announcement says "Abbotsford – Langley Township (Forest Knolls) @ Highway 1 & 232 Street" but map shows location is closer to Langley than Abbotsford. sites.postpro.net map not updated at time of tumblr posting.
    --
    sites.postpro.net

Tower #1461
    Last edited by ABWagner; 09-25-2015 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Clarification

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Announced September 29

GTA - GTA – Brampton @ Creditview Road & Wanless Drive

sites.postpro.net

Tower #1462

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    Announced September 25

Vancouver - Abbotsford – Langley Township (Forest Knolls) @ Highway 1 & 232 Street
    How often does Wind update its official coverage map these days? Currently the above tower as well as another Langley one earlier this month still don't seem to be reflected in the coverage map I see on their website despite being publicly announced by Wind.

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast