Thread: Question for the Indirects

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question for the Indirects

How many of you on the indirect side have customers coming back to return items because either customer service or a corporate store told them to because you are not a real Verizon store? How do you handle these situations? In one day I had two customers come in because the same corporate store told them to return their phones because we are not a real Verizon store and our phones do not come with any warranties or guarantees. Since this leads to a loss of money, are there any precedents for legal action? How do you handle the negative NPS surveys that are a direct result of this?

Feedback Score
    First, why are your customers after buying a phone from your store going to a corporate store to complain? Shouldn't you take care of all the needs and problems? Second, if they are loyal to you just explain them that the corporate stores are just trying to steal a sale from you, and you can always return defective units to the vendor.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teclover View Post
    First, why are your customers after buying a phone from your store going to a corporate store to complain? Shouldn't you take care of all the needs and problems? Second, if they are loyal to you just explain them that the corporate stores are just trying to steal a sale from you, and you can always return defective units to the vendor.
    One went to get a case that we didn't have in stock at the time, and they didn't want to wait for it to be ordered. I don't recall the second, as I did not directly deal with that customer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
    How many of you on the indirect side have customers coming back to return items because either customer service or a corporate store told them to because you are not a real Verizon store? How do you handle these situations? In one day I had two customers come in because the same corporate store told them to return their phones because we are not a real Verizon store and our phones do not come with any warranties or guarantees. Since this leads to a loss of money, are there any precedents for legal action? How do you handle the negative NPS surveys that are a direct result of this?
    From all I have read here and elsewhere, it seems to me that Verizon doesn't really care about its indirects.

While I can see the purpose of the indirects in small towns where the nearest corporate store is a far drive away, I don't see the purpose in areas where there are nearby corporate stores. You almost always get a better deal on a phone online, at a big box store or at a corporate store so I don't see why anyone would go to an indirect for a phone in the first place.

Feedback Score
    We generally do not have this issue. If you take good care of your customers they will see right through this and never want to go elsewhere. They get lied to and sold so many unnecessary things at corporate stores. Not to mention the check in and waiting process. A loyal customer will realize when you tell them the truth that the corporate store was being shady and trying to steal your sale with false information. Honesty is the best policy.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenStevens View Post
    From all I have read here and elsewhere, it seems to me that Verizon doesn't really care about its indirects.

While I can see the purpose of the indirects in small towns where the nearest corporate store is a far drive away, I don't see the purpose in areas where there are nearby corporate stores. You almost always get a better deal on a phone online, at a big box store or at a corporate store so I don't see why anyone would go to an indirect for a phone in the first place.

Lots of reasons...more personal service, equal or better pricing (at my store at least), better accessory deals, no hour wait in a que.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
    How do you handle the negative NPS surveys that are a direct result of this?
    Why are your customers ending up at a corporate store? That's the biggest question as you should be placing yourself as the primary follow-up point for questions and support. While I think that the examples you cited are not the norm as to what corporate employees will tell someone about indirects, there are also many others that we faced and place most indirects in a negative light.

In the past month, as a corporate employee, I've had indirects lying about the condition of equipment, selling two year old devices for more than the retail cost of a current generation tablet, passing off all customer education and setup to corporate, misrepresenting Edge, telling customers that insurance is mandatory for the first six months, and setting up a no-contract line of service because they're out of stock on something and telling a customer to go to a corporate location to upgrade the line they 'reserved'.

So, the best strategy I have for you is to run an honest business, take care of customers and set yourself up for success by making your contact information readily available and being easy to reach.

Good corporate reps get soured by bad corporate locations, good corporate locations get a bad rap from crappy corporate reps. It stinks, sometimes, but happens on both sides.
    Last edited by readability; 07-22-2015 at 03:44 PM.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+ iOS 8.1.1 jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just tell the customer that we are privately owned. Customer Service is always throwing us under the bus. I never hand the phone to the customer if we are talking to customer service because they will try to ruin your sale. Our account manager is aware of all this, but it'll take a lot more than one guy to get the ball rolling in the right direction
    Updating the Outdated

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that's happening. Being indirect myself I try to provide best customer service. If I had a corp store doing that to me I would lose it. There are somethings that I cannot do as indirect. But I would never send a customer to a corp store just for educating them on a device I sold them. I feel for the corp employees too who get customers passed to them from ****** indirect agents. It goes both ways at the end of the day.

Feedback Score
    As a indirect in my area we have very loyal customers who only come to us reason being is not because we bash the core store it's because we treat them right and they never have a reason to go there it's all about customer service and running a honest business

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I'm helping out a friend at a retailer store (to help him out, and extra money is nice also) part time and I've been surprised at how loyal some of the customers are. Many say they avoid the Verizon corporate stores whenever possible. My first day there was this past saturday and it was packed and the customers were overall very pleasant. I'm sure ill get that rough customer before long but most knew my friend by name and seemed happy. Compared to the nearest vz corp store with a security guard on duty, it is a refreshing change so far.
    Sent from my RM-1070_1000 via the HowardForums WP7 App