Thread: Docomo panasonic p-02e eluga x*

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Docomo panasonic p-02e eluga x*

Anyone know if this phone got an update to KitKat or lollipop? It ships with Jelly Bean but on Docomo's website it says it got a firmware update but didn't say which one. Hopefully someone who has the phone can let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidaystyles View Post
    Anyone know if this phone got an update to KitKat or lollipop? It ships with Jelly Bean but on Docomo's website it says it got a firmware update but didn't say which one. Hopefully someone who has the phone can let me know. Thanks!

If it says "update" (ソフトウェア更新), this means a software update that fixes some bug or other. They use "OS version up" (OSバージョンアップ) for an upgrade to a newer version of Android. Unfortunately, the P-02E is just another one of the "abandoned" phones - no chance for an OS upgrade, and since Panasonic shut down their mobile department, there's no chance for software updates either. The latest was on 22.05.2014: https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/support/...ist/index.html
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    If it says "update" (ソフトウェア更新), this means a software update that fixes some bug or other. They use "OS version up" (OSバージョンアップ) for an upgrade to a newer version of Android. Unfortunately, the P-02E is just another one of the "abandoned" phones - no chance for an OS upgrade, and since Panasonic shut down their mobile department, there's no chance for software updates either. The latest was on 22.05.2014: https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/support/...ist/index.html
    Thanks for the info. Sucks to hear this phone was left behind with only Jelly Bean.