Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Data-only plan?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    560
    Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    0

    Data-only plan?

    Would they allow it?

    Cam you turn data off when not in use (bringing it to to $10/month when doing so)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    154
    Device(s)
    S8, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just get a tablet plan on Bell/Virgin/Rogers/Fido. $35-40 for 5GB (instead of $60 for 4)

    * Do not get a tablet plan from Telus, unless you like paying $5 more for no reason, and 5 times the overage fee ($10/GB vs $50)
    Duwenbasden

    - Samsung Galaxy S8 G950FD (FIDO/Koodo) 06/2017 -
    - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910U 09/2015 -

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    No you can't. You would have to pay $30 per month. Addons are not available with just the $10 base.

    What you could do it get Koodo Prepaid for $15 per month and buy 1gb of data which would last until you use it up be it one month or twenty months, they never expire as long as you pay the $15 per month which also gives you unlimited texting worldwide

    Quote Originally Posted by gmd View Post
    Would they allow it?

    Cam you turn data off when not in use (bringing it to to $10/month when doing so)
    Kokopelli

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    947
    Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by buddshek View Post
    No you can't. You would have to pay $30 per month. Addons are not available with just the $10 base.
    Base plan is $20 for 1GB

    But either way better to get the Telus plan ($15 for unlimited data)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    The base is $10 plus $20 for the 1gb of data. I tried the $15 dollar plan yesterday from telus and the data did not work. Lost $15 plus tax to find out if it still worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Base plan is $20 for 1GB

    But either way better to get the Telus plan ($15 for unlimited data)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    6,383
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buddshek View Post
    The base is $10 plus $20 for the 1gb of data. I tried the $15 dollar plan yesterday from telus and the data did not work. Lost $15 plus tax to find out if it still worked.
    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
    $10 for 30 days + $20 for 1GB - $10 BETA promo = $20 per month

    Telus $15 works (I have one) just remember to properly set your APN
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    The $10 beta program discount ended over a month ago and again I tried changing the apn with Telus but still no data. It shows lte or H but data not working as it isn't for many people.

    QUOTE=kav2001c;16014116]https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
    $10 for 30 days + $20 for 1GB - $10 BETA promo = $20 per month

    Telus $15 works (I have one) just remember to properly set your APN[/QUOTE]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    560
    Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    What is the TELUS $15 option? Mobile Internet?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gmd View Post
    What is the TELUS $15 option? Mobile Internet?
    Check post under Telus thread

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    TORONTO
    Posts
    8
    Device(s)
    ZTE NUBIA Z7 MINI, BB Z10
    Carrier(s)
    VIRGIN
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can someone please explain where and how to get the Telus unlimited data for 15 bucks? Is it the blackberry thing?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    682
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdude View Post
    Can someone please explain where and how to get the Telus unlimited data for 15 bucks? Is it the blackberry thing?
    just go to the Telus forum in here and it's like 14 topics from the top at the moment.


    via the HoFo App

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,025
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eeeaddict View Post
    Wasn't that using the CDMA network?
    Telus shut down the Public Mobile CDMA network and transitioned everyone over to the main Telus HSPA/LTE network with new phones, sort of what Rogers is doing with Mobilicity, just with fewer new phones as some Mobilicity phones can work on both Rogers network and the AWS-1 1700 frequency.
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    Telus shut down the Public Mobile CDMA network and transitioned everyone over to the main Telus HSPA/LTE network with new phones, sort of what Rogers is doing with Mobilicity, just with fewer new phones as some Mobilicity phones can work on both Rogers network and the AWS-1 1700 frequency.
    BTW apparently this data hack doesn't work anymore :/

Similar Threads

  1. Data only plan?
    By Its_Miller_Time in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 07:47 PM
  2. Data Only Plan
    By sbeswick in forum AT&T
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 01:55 PM
  3. Cheapest Data only plan for Treo 600?
    By KeilwerthSX90R in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 06:26 PM
  4. Will Amazon do a data only plan?
    By Isaac in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2002, 06:00 PM
  5. Will 3G have data only plans?
    By adamr in forum Sprint
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2002, 02:04 AM

Bookmarks