Thread: New 10 and 90 day plans are available now

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    You missed the Mobi promo?
    I would include Mobi / WIND but clearly Telus is not in anyway competing with WIND / Mobi with PM. It is simply keeping its ARPU up high with PM.

Not to mention WIND / Mobi coverage is no where near what the big 3 and their sub brands offer.

I am tempted to get on the Mobi plan since Rogers is going to start the transition but am afraid of being kicked around by Rogers later.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z10, LG G2, Nokia N9, LG Optimus V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    I would include Mobi / WIND but clearly Telus is not in anyway competing with WIND / Mobi with PM. It is simply keeping its ARPU up high with PM.

Not to mention WIND / Mobi coverage is no where near what the big 3 and their sub brands offer.

I am tempted to get on the Mobi plan since Rogers is going to start the transition but am afraid of being kicked around by Rogers later.
    They will likely be competing directly with Mobi if Rogers allows larger/full access to it's network for Mobi customers. From the people I've talked with, it seems likely but I'm waiting to hear from my person in Rogers corp for a definitive.

Rogers can't change the plan due to the WCC.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
    They will likely be competing directly with Mobi if Rogers allows larger/full access to it's network for Mobi customers. From the people I've talked with, it seems likely but I'm waiting to hear from my person in Rogers corp for a definitive.

Rogers can't change the plan due to the WCC.
    I'm rooting for you to update us all as well, I mean if the coverage increases to province wide, at minimum I will jump right over. Might even get the $40 plan and keep it for a month and see where things go. I mean I'm sure Rogers wants its new Sub's to enjoy a nice start to their school year lol.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    These plans are the biggest rip off since the death of Public Mobile.

Why not just get the $38 QC Koodo plan than going through all the hurdles? Its a promo plan and offers Unlimited Canada-Wide talk + International Text + 1GB Data.
    Because some people don't want to jump through hoops to get out of province plans, and potentially lose them later if policy about that ever changes at Telus/Koodo. If you want U.S. long distance you can add that on Public Mobile much more cheaply than Koodo. Data is averaged over 90 days, not one month, on Public Mobile which is a benefit for people whose data use varies a lot.

Some people like the idea of it being prepaid, either philosophically (easy to sign up, easy to switch) or practically (for those who have poor credit). Prepaid has traditionally sucked compared to postpaid, but in the U.S. prepaid offers the absolute best value there these days. For example, Cricket's $35 unlimited everything plan, with high-speed data throttled at 2.5GB; $45 for 5GB; $55 10GB). And yet, it's prepaid, there's no overage (it just slows down if you go over your data allotment rather than being charged extra), and anyone can walk into a Cricket store and get it without having to jump through any hoops. NO risk of losing it later, either.

The Mobilicity promo is better, but we don't know if those people will get stuck on HSPA only or not. We don't know what their domestic roaming out of their city zone is going to cost yet. It's also only available in five cities, not including mine, so it's kind of off my radar I admit.
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogersMichaelT View Post
    Hey guys, Mike from Rogers here. Here's the info we currently have - hope it helps!

• We’re rolling out the red carpet to welcome Mobilicity customers to the Rogers family.
    • As we make this transition, all existing Mobilicity plans and functionality are being honoured.
    • Mobilicity customers have been served on a 3G network and will soon be transferred to the Rogers 3G network. Mobilicity customers may have an improved experience as a result of more towers providing better coverage.
    • Mobilicity customers will also continue to experience a zone-based model (with their 5 zones of Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver) and use of devices outside of those zones will continue to be subject to roaming charges. Coverage maps can be found on the Mobilicity website (www.mobilicity.ca)
    This was in the Mobilicity forum, so it looks like no LTE at the start of the Rogers transition at least. Additional info there for anyone interested.

Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    This was in the Mobilicity forum, so it looks like no LTE at the start of the Rogers transition at least. Additional info there for anyone interested.
    Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    Thanks for pulling that out. No LTE is one thing, roaming charges is another.

Moves MOBI below other alternatives that were discussed earlier...

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmd View Post
    Thanks for pulling that out. No LTE is one thing, roaming charges is another.

Moves MOBI below other alternatives that were discussed earlier...

No LTE sites is no problem, as HSPA+ is fast enough (when not congested).

No access to LTE frequencies is more of a downer since band 12/17 offer the best in-building penetration and broadest coverage. Over time it's likely to hit rural areas as the build-out progresses.
    Last edited by Steven Hurdle; 08-21-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    $29 - 340mb (90days, 1gb)
    That's sufficient for A LOT of people and beats even the cheapest plans. I believe most of their subs would be getting this plan.

$39 - 1.35gb (90days, 4gb)
    This would be the next step up and very competitive with most of the other cartel's offerings.

The 90days, 6gb plans are still decent.

The 90days, 12gb is where it would depend on the individual (SK/MB, Employee/Company plans, grandfathered plans, etc).

Pros:
    +It's split up over 90days, which is great for high/low months
    +Reward program gives extra discount WITHOUT calling retention
    +No need for the Koodo number change (some find it a hassle or against their morales)

Cons:
    -I'm unsure of the rules, but since it's prepaid, would the plans be grandfathered or be forced to switch?
    -Rewards program might be nerf (kinda like Fido Dollars)
    -Could be confusing for people at first (specially with the 90 days instead of 3months)

Either way, this shows there's actually some real choice (though they kinda copied Ting) instead of the plan/price matching collusion.
    Moto X 2013 (XT1058)
    Koodo $35 - UL Canada-wide talk, UL worldwide SMS/MMS, 1gb

OLD: Fido $35 - 400DT, UL E/[email protected], CID, UL Intl SMS/MMS, 400mb

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyHappy View Post
    That's sufficient for A LOT of people and beats even the cheapest plans. I believe most of their subs would be getting this plan.

$39 - 1.35gb (90days, 4gb)
    This would be the next step up and very competitive with most of the other cartel's offerings.
    How do you come up to $29 and $39? I get $30, $28, ...

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyHappy View Post
    Pros:
    +No need for the Koodo number change (some find it a hassle or against their morales)
    If you don't need unlimited talk, KOODO prepaid is cheaper (and data add-ons never expires).

What is the KOODO number change?

Feedback Score
    You can now order SIM cards directly from their website. You don't have to wait for invitation.
    Kokopelli

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    If you don't need unlimited talk, KOODO prepaid is cheaper (and data add-ons never expires).

What is the KOODO number change?

The Koodo number change sounds like a reference to getting a SK/MB plan, and then transferring in a BC/AB/ON number. Some people, myself included, are uncomfortable with that.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    How do you come up to $29 and $39? I get $30, $28, ...

My calculation philosophy is listed in an early post. I'm taking 90 day pricing, subtracting the prepay discount, multiplying that up to 365.25 days (annual equivalent including leap year adjustment), then dividing by twelve to come out with a monthly equivalent.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buddshek View Post
    You can now order SIM cards directly from their website. You don't have to wait for invitation.
    Thanks Budd, good to know.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    I find that the $48 Sk/Mb koodo plan to be a better choice than public mobile and if you feel like that it is unethical, you could go with the $40 unlimited everything mobilicity plan and wait a month till you get to use rogers towers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast