Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GoPhone WiFi Calling

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    By happenstance, AT&T Mobility is rolling out NumberSync, which was mentioned in a error message someone in this thread received when trying to activate Wi-Fi Calling with GoPhone service.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/14/9...d-phone-number
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    I realize this is slightly off-topic, but I think it's worth mentioning.

A soon-to-be-released app will allow you to call 911 via Wi-Fi. The name of the app is RapidSOS, and the New York Times says it will "go live later this year".

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/bu...h-tragedy.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    U could call 911 without wifi or cell.service tho

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If there is no cellular service on a network to which the telephone can connect, one cannot call 911.

Feedback Score
    Any updates on this with iOS 9.3?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The conditions have not changed.
    What do I need to do to use Wi-Fi Calling?

First, you need a smartphone that supports Wi-Fi Calling and a postpaid wireless account that is set up for AT&T HD Voice. There are certain features that conflict with AT&T HD Voice which can be found at att.com/hdvoice.

Next, you need to set up Wi-Fi Calling on your phone. To do this, go to the phone settings menu on your device and turn on Wi-Fi Calling. During setup, you’ll need to provide an address for 911 emergency call routing. You don’t need any additional software or apps.

Finally, once Wi-Fi Calling is enabled on your device, your phone will need to connect to an available Wi-Fi network. Remember, Wi-Fi Calling is used automatically if your cellular signal is weak or unavailable or if you are traveling outside the U.S. and connected to a Wi-Fi network

*HD Voice is not available in all areas. HD Voice Requirements: To experience HD Voice, both parties on the call must be located in an AT&T HD Voice coverage area and have an AT&T HD Voice-capable device and SIM with HD Voice set up on their account. Incompatible Services/Features: The following services/features are currently incompatible with HD Voice: prepaid service, Smart Limits, Ringback Tones, and OfficeDirect and OfficeReach (for business customers). HD Voice is available at no additional cost; standard voice rates apply and are charged according to your wireless rate plan. For additional product information and service restrictions, visit www.att.com/hdvoice.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about jumping ship to t-mobile because of this. Their coverage is supposed to be a lot better now in my area.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If the coverage is great, you do not need Wi-Fi calling. If you have Wi-Fi calling, it does not matter what the conditions the carrier's network has.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aawil View Post
    I'm thinking about jumping ship to t-mobile because of this. Their coverage is supposed to be a lot better now in my area.
    Wifi calling works for me on T-Mobile prepaid without any issues. The service is good everywhere I have been so even if I didn't have wifi calling it would still be fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    If the coverage is great, you do not need Wi-Fi calling. If you have Wi-Fi calling, it does not matter what the conditions the carrier's network has.
    Yes but Wifi Calling can be used in areas where no cell phone signal will ever penetrate. For example several levels deep in a basement.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Pre Paid
    Feedback Score
    Knowing AT&T & Verizon we will most likely see VOLTE first then a couple of years after they launch VOLTE for pre paid service we will see Wi Fi Calling.
    Sent from my RM-1073_1004 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aawil View Post
    That's what I ended up doing, if/when they enable wifi calling on ATT prepaid I would likely go back to ATT.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

GoPhone WiFi Calling

Wifi calling improves the customer's perception of the network. With it, I am no longer bothered by various network dead spots.

It made a big difference in terms of how content I was with my VZW line when they enabled wifi calling. Now my VZW phone really does work almost everywhere I go. I finally ported out my last gophone number.

I understand that AT&T is trying to protect its postpaid business, but especially with VZW supporting wifi calling on prepaid, it seems like they really need to make wifi calling available to make gophone competitive.
    Last edited by mch; 12-10-2016 at 05:08 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Any update on AT&T wifi calling for prepaid ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Any update on AT&T wifi calling for prepaid ?
    I know cricket is launching wifi calling on Friday for one phone but maybe supporting multiple phones soon after so it is safe to assume that AT&T prepaid will be getting it shortly after

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast