Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GoPhone WiFi Calling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I know cricket is launching wifi calling on Friday for one phone but maybe supporting multiple phones soon after so it is safe to assume that AT&T prepaid will be getting it shortly after
    I haven't heard anything about this. Which phone is getting WiFi calling? Usually iPhones always get WiFi calling when it rolls out. I hope that's the case.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    I haven't heard anything about this. Which phone is getting WiFi calling? Usually iPhones always get WiFi calling when it rolls out. I hope that's the case.
    Check the Cricket forum. It is launching tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    when will volte be available on att prepaid??

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    No one seems to know. Been said before that it's coming but so far not available.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My iOS 11 beta 4 has WiFi Calling option available for AT&T Prepaid. Just won’t activate. Wonder if that’s a sign? Just posted from Verizon to AT&T Prepaid.
    Current Device: Black iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier: AT&T

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wifi calling option is available on iOS phones regardless of plan type. iOS 10 has it means nothing.

Feedback Score
    No it's not your have to be on postpaid for the Wi-Fi calling to work on At&t.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman42069 View Post
    No it's not your have to be on postpaid for the Wi-Fi calling to work on At&t.
    He means the option to enable wifi calling is on the iPhone. But when you try to turn it on you get an error telling you to contact your carrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    He means the option to enable wifi calling is on the iPhone. But when you try to turn it on you get an error telling you to contact your carrier.
    Thank you. Lol.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wifi Calling will come when VoLTE is enabled. AT&T postpaid had to have both not one or the other to use it.
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    Wifi Calling will come when VoLTE is enabled. AT&T postpaid had to have both not one or the other to use it.
    Any updates/rumors when this might happen? Not long ago someone said that they have a friend/family member that works for AT&T and that VoLTE/WiFi was coming later this year.

The last couple of months the WCDMA signal at my home deteriorated and often cannot make nor receive calls. However, I have a usable LTE signal and the data through LTE work well.

This is getting annoying and I am considering my options. Unfortunately postpaid is almost double when considering the taxes and the refill discounts (currently 2 lines at the $45 plan).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    Any updates/rumors when this might happen? Not long ago someone said that they have a friend/family member that works for AT&T and that VoLTE/WiFi was coming later this year.

This is getting annoying and I am considering my options. Unfortunately postpaid is almost double when considering the taxes and the refill discounts (currently 2 lines at the $45 plan).

I don't blame you at all for getting annoyed since cricket and AT&T keep promising it's coming and hasn't yet. What's really odd is Verizon prepaid has had it for almost a year and AT&T has yet to catch up not sure what the long wait is for. I gave up on waiting for them at this point.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    That's what is so great about pre-paid, you can easily switch to another service at any time. So find another MVNO that has the options you need and want & make switch.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    at&t seems to have a hard time with VoLTE and WiFi calling. Even on postpaid, almost no unlocked unbranded phones support this, Verizon and T-mobile are doing a better job. Perhaps at&t wants to force people to buy their branded phones.

Cricket has VoLTE and very limited support for WiFi calling on the at&t network, but there are other disadvantages there.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    That's what is so great about pre-paid, you can easily switch to another service at any time. So find another MVNO that has the options you need and want & make switch.
    I know that, however, I have an AT&T branded V20 and it would work better at AT&T once they enable WiFi calling for prepaid. If I go to Cricket I might have VoLTE but definitely not WiFi calling. I am not interested in Verizon nor T-Mobile at the moment.

I have reported the issue a few times through mark the spot app and they said that they have a known technical issue in the area. I hope that they will fix it. The last couple of days I was able to get more calls through, not sure yet if it is a permanent improvement. For the most part I have been very pleased with AT&T prepaid, it seems to be getting better and better since I signed up a few years ago. Hopefully VoLTE and WiFi calling are a matter of time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast