Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: GoPhone WiFi Calling

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what the issue is but wifi calling seems to me like a no brainer especially from the carriers point of view. Imagine off loading all those calls to people's home wifi and freeing up space on their networks. It would be a big win for the carrier.

I imagine the reason they are dragging their feet is because they would be losing the money they get from roaming. Roaming fees especially when traveling overseas is a big profit center for carriers. Allowing people to have wifi calling and letting them make would essentially be "home network" roaming calls would mean losing a large piece of business.

Feedback Score
    If your desperate for WiFi calling you can get a Google Voice number and then use Hangouts/Hangouts dialer to make calls over WiFi. You can set up the voice number a number of different ways. Oh and yeah it's pretty much free unless you want to port your existing number to the voice number that costs $10.

There are of course other ways as well.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmith007 View Post
    I don't know what the issue is but wifi calling seems to me like a no brainer especially from the carriers point of view. Imagine off loading all those calls to people's home wifi and freeing up space on their networks. It would be a big win for the carrier.

I imagine the reason they are dragging their feet is because they would be losing the money they get from roaming. Roaming fees especially when traveling overseas is a big profit center for carriers. Allowing people to have wifi calling and letting them make would essentially be "home network" roaming calls would mean losing a large piece of business.
    Except that at&t prepaid does not have paid roaming.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by junk_jim View Post
    If your desperate for WiFi calling you can get a Google Voice number and then use Hangouts/Hangouts dialer to make calls over WiFi. You can set up the voice number a number of different ways. Oh and yeah it's pretty much free unless you want to port your existing number to the voice number that costs $10.

There are of course other ways as well.
    I have some VOIP options that I am already using when needed.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4