Thread: Internet Acess?

Device(s)
    SHF31
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Internet Acess?

Are there any keitai that allow you to use the internet access provided by your phone company in the US?
    I love my SH-03E but the no internet or Wifi thing is killing me. Doubly so since my access to wifi for my pc has become unstable. I don't want to get a non flip phone, so i'm trying to avoid getting anything that looks like an iPhone. Any recommendations? Any advice would be appreciated.
    (I'm using t-moblie currently but if any other networks can be used with a keitiai I'm cool with that.)

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltzQueen View Post
    Are there any keitai that allow you to use the internet access provided by your phone company in the US?
    I love my SH-03E but the no internet or Wifi thing is killing me. Doubly so since my access to wifi for my pc has become unstable. I don't want to get a non flip phone, so i'm trying to avoid getting anything that looks like an iPhone. Any recommendations? Any advice would be appreciated.
    (I'm using t-moblie currently but if any other networks can be used with a keitiai I'm cool with that.)
    The new flip phone models -- the Docomo SH-06G and the AU SHF32 -- now have a modified Android OS, which theoretically should allow you to input your carrier's APNs and use mobile data. I'm saying "theoretically" because I haven't personally seen one to check if that menu hasn't been disabled by Sharp. Both phones can now be officially unlocked (by their original owner) but you must first verify they use the same frequencies as your carrier. Here you can check the SHF32 frequencies: https://cs.kddi.com/support/simcard/compatible_network/
    I'm not sure what frequencies the Docomo SH-06G supports but it has the "World Wing" roaming functionality so it probably supports most frequencies.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Feedback Score
    Another new model with the modified android OS is the Fujitsu-made Docomo F-05G. And by the look of what I see in this blog, it seems likely we'll be be able to see new APN inputs enabled.

ascii.jp/elem/000/001/026/1026652

Device(s)
    SHF31
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the Tips! I am really liking what i've seen of the sh-06g. The turquoise color is really doing it for me. It's so expensive, though. That's what happens when you go for things that aren't at least two years out of date. The SHF32 looks good, too. not sure i like the color options for the fujitsu but that's really just me being picky, probably.

As far as I can tell the shf32 is basically the shf32 with different colors? I could be wrong.
    I can't really understand the frequency chart, myslef. But it's late night so i might understand it more in the morning. I suspect it doesn't support t mobile's lte (Frequencies: Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz))

ETA:i think i'm going to go with with the shf32. if i can figure out the frequency thing. not sure where to get one though
    Last edited by WaltzQueen; 09-08-2015 at 03:55 AM.
    Flip Phones Forever~

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltzQueen View Post
    Thanks for the Tips! I am really liking what i've seen of the sh-06g. The turquoise color is really doing it for me. It's so expensive, though. That's what happens when you go for things that aren't at least two years out of date. The SHF32 looks good, too. not sure i like the color options for the fujitsu but that's really just me being picky, probably.

As far as I can tell the shf32 is basically the shf32 with different colors? I could be wrong.
    I can't really understand the frequency chart, myslef. But it's late night so i might understand it more in the morning. I suspect it doesn't support t mobile's lte (Frequencies: Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz))

ETA:i think i'm going to go with with the shf32. if i can figure out the frequency thing. not sure where to get one though
    I own the SH-06G in the U.S. And you can change the APN settings for which ever carrier you're using. I personally have AT&T but I can only get HSPA, no LTE and it doesn't have wifi. You'll have to use your data plan if you're a heavy web user.

via the HoFo App