Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moto X Pure Edition anyone?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Moto X Pure Edition anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has (or plans to) ordered the new Moto X Pure Edition?
    From what I've seen and heard, it is currently the best device if a person is looking for a (mostly) stock Android experience... at least until the new Nexus phones or Droids come out.
    Even though Motorola says it has the best camera ever on one of their phones, it still seems to fall a bit short of the competition, but still better images than from the Nexus 5 and 6.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    I'm lusting, but my bank account says no. Maybe 6 months down the road from eBay...

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    I'm lusting, but my bank account says no. Maybe 6 months down the road from eBay...
    I'd suggest looking at Swappa since it is dedicated for selling phones.
    I wish the newest Moto G was available for Verizon, since that one would be perfect for a few people I know. Why Motorola didn't make that available for all carriers...?

Feedback Score
    I buy lots of phones on a very regular basis and I find eBay much better than Swappa

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    And it appears the Moto X Force (aka Bounce) will be the Droid Turbo 2 for Verizon.
    Still similar to the Moto X Pure Edition, but with a smaller display.
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...erizon_id73636

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition 32GB 2015
    Carrier(s)
    ex Verizon Wireless - Currently: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am waiting for my Moto X Pure it will be also on Verizon. I have a note4 verizon at the moment I saw people activating their phones with CURRENT active nano sim's with no issues however I heard some people could not activate them in stores because the IMEI was not in the system. So now I know i have to cut down my own sim to nano if the one Verizon sent me and will be delivered today won't work.

I also couldn't get get a straight answer if HD voice works but I found one screenshot from someone and in options there was something about enhanced 4G LTE.

Fios 1024/1024

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has (or plans to) ordered the new Moto X Pure Edition?
    Does the Moto X (2015) Pure Edition come rooted?

Does the Moto X (2015) Pure Edition Verizon network compatible? I seem to remember some previous such devices from Moto weren't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post

Does the Moto X (2015) Pure Edition Verizon network compatible? I seem to remember some previous such devices from Moto weren't.
    As far as I know nothing comes rooted. With Motorola, they provide a web page and you enter your ESN to get a code that allows you to unlock your bootloader, which then allows you to root. Generally speaking, unlocked Motorola phones that are not tied to any carrier are allowed, carrier specific phones usually the carrier does not allow Motorola to give you that code.

Yes apparently the pure will work at least from a technical point of view on Verizon.

The question remains as to whether Verizon will enter the ESNs for this model into its white list database to allow them to be activated on its network. I would guess the answer would be yes, at least eventually.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post

No phone comes ever rooted.

Yes Pure works on Verizon, you can also root it and unlock bootloader. Meaning all the freedom.

I should have mine the latest on 9-16 however I expect it somewhere on Monday or Tuesday.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My Galaxy S4 from Freedompop did come rooted

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    My Galaxy S4 from Freedompop did come rooted
    I assume who ever was previous owner did it. Out of the box no phone will come rooted

but yeah we should have TWRP in a week a guy on XDA is already working on it

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Guys I have it since yesterday ask me any questions. I can tell you one thing this has amazing radio I did not drop to 3G even once yet only lost service in subway underground not all stations have cell service.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patt2k View Post
    Guys I have it since yesterday ask me any questions. I can tell you one thing this has amazing radio I did not drop to 3G even once yet only lost service in subway underground not all stations have cell service.

I've got the Note 4 Dev Edition (rooted and custom ROM). Since you also have a Note 4, what difference have you noticed comparing: Call Quality, Signal reception, and Camera?
    From what I've heard from others, the call quality and reception are good, and even though the camera is the best that's been out on a Moto, it still lacks behind Samsung and LG.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I've got the Note 4 Dev Edition (rooted and custom ROM). Since you also have a Note 4, what difference have you noticed comparing: Call Quality, Signal reception, and Camera?
    From what I've heard from others, the call quality and reception are good, and even though the camera is the best that's been out on a Moto, it still lacks behind Samsung and LG.
    Reception is amazing much better then on note4 I didn't drop to 3G or 1X yet, only in subway and underground because not all stations have service. Camera is very good but not better then note 4. Oh and you asked about call quality it has volte so to Verizon volte customers its HD to others its great as well.

Oh and this thing is super fast vs slow touchwiz and rooted already.

Feedback Score
    I am so jealous, will save those pennies... or maybe just get the droid turbo second hand?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast