Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Call Detector app

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score

Call Detector app

I was on Tracfone a couple of days ago and a pop up from TF appeared recommending the subject app. I installed it and it's pretty cool. It has caught 2 incoming spammers.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.tracfone

Thought maybe some might enjoy this app

Feedback Score
    Thanks, just installed this app. I have been getting a lot of unwanted calls since I bought the lg g2. Hope this helps

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    Thanks, just installed this app. I have been getting a lot of unwanted calls since I bought the lg g2. Hope this helps
    You have same phone number as before?

Feedback Score
    same number for many years

Feedback Score
    same number for many years
    I don't get how a new phone with same number suddenly results in more calls?

Feedback Score
    I don't either. But I was receiving 2 to 3 phone calls and texts a week. It doesn't sound like much, but it eats up your minutes and texts bucket.
    I would never answer, so they would leave a voicemail. Never knowing if it was an important call not. I had to call voicemail, using more minutes.
    They never used my name, but some woman's name.

Feedback Score
    I don't either. But I was receiving 2 to 3 phone calls and texts a week. It doesn't sound like much, but it eats up your minutes and texts bucket.
    I would never answer, so they would leave a voicemail. Never knowing if it was an important call not. I had to call voicemail, using more minutes.
    They never used my name, but some woman's name.
    Yep, if I don't recognize who is calling me I don't answer. Sounds like your number is on the a list as hers. Maybe be best to call and tell them it's the wrong number for her.

Feedback Score
    TrueCaller is another good alternative dialer hand inbound enhanced caller ID with crowdsourced spam flagging

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I had the same no. for 10 years. All of a sudden I started getting calls for "Marco". Like several times a week. UGH - I even had my voicemail messge state "don't leave a message for Marco - this is not his number." They kept coming (for about 18 months). Finally I talked to one of the callers and got Marco's last name and where he worked. Called the local Fire Dept. and talked to Marco myself. His number is the same as mine except for the last digit. his is 5, mine is 8. I know more about this man than I ever wanted to.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Yep, if I don't recognize who is calling me I don't answer. Sounds like your number is on the a list as hers. Maybe be best to call and tell them it's the wrong number for her.
    This is exactly what I did when I kept getting collection calls for this one woman who used to own my phone number. I called the collector back and told them I wasn't the person they were looking for. Surprisingly, the conversations were always polite and cordial and I was never accused of lying. Unfortunately, every couple of months the debt (and the contact info) would get sold off, I guess, and I'd get a new collector calling me about the same person, and I'd have to do it again. It took well over a year before the calls finally stopped for good, and my phone has been blessedly silent ever since (except for the occasional spam and wrong number.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I had the same no. for 10 years. All of a sudden I started getting calls for "Marco". Like several times a week. UGH - I even had my voicemail messge state "don't leave a message for Marco - this is not his number." They kept coming (for about 18 months). Finally I talked to one of the callers and got Marco's last name and where he worked. Called the local Fire Dept. and talked to Marco myself. His number is the same as mine except for the last digit. his is 5, mine is 8. I know more about this man than I ever wanted to.
    Funny about Marco at the FD. There was a Marco Lopez who was a fireman in Emergency the TV series.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0530241/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

Feedback Score
    This app worked well for about a week. Then I kept getting a message to buy the upgrade. I did not do the upgrade. Then I had a telemarketer get through and left a voice mail. I hope this was just a fluke. Will keep all posted.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This app worked well for about a week. Then I kept getting a message to buy the upgrade.
    That was when I uninstalled it.

Feedback Score
    TrueCaller/Dialer is another good alternative dialer and inbound enhanced caller ID with crowd-sourced spam flagging

Feedback Score
    call detector is just a scam to get you to pay for their service. It has not worked since I declined to pay for the upgraded service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast