Thread: Project Fi on iPhone 6s Plus

Feedback Score

Project Fi on iPhone 6s Plus

Im trying to get this to work, so far with reading a reddit post I'm able to:

Make/Receive calls
    SMS sending works, receiving sms through iMessage i get a string of letters after the normal text (ie. "Hey what's up!" ~Hqu84kdh3)
    MMS i read that changing to t-mo mms apn would make it work. But i am unable to receive/send mms's.
    iMessage works, but again not with MMS
    LTE works- only with T-Mo, can't switch between T-Mo and Sprint
    Calls over Wifi most likely don't work

Any help would be appreciated

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had the same exact experience with the iPhone 6. Tried switching to the Sprint side but wouldn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Name:  image.png
Views: 5070
Size:  150.5 KB

Update: adding h2g2 to mms as well as cellular data entry allowed me to send and receive mms, yay!
    Last edited by Haxy; 10-01-2015 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Added picture of apn settings

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Project Fi on iPhone 6s Plus

Technically all iPhone 6S/6S Plus and some of the 6/6 Plus have all features needed for the service: wifi calling, VoLTE, all bands of LTE including band 41, CDMA, HSPA, and handoffs from Wifi to LTE to HSPA to ... etc.. I think if this doesn't turn out to head to Google's graveyard of abandoned projects there very well could be a possibility it could officially come to iPhones. Like any other Google service, I'm sure they want to gauge interest within a more controlled environment and then if potentially profitable or essential, they will open the floodgates.
    Last edited by xchpstang; 11-14-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If people are able to succeed in getting this working on the iPhone, Google is going to succeed in spite of itself!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxy View Post

Update: adding h2g2 to mms as well as cellular data entry allowed me to send and receive mms, yay!
    That is an interesting screen shot. I'm going to guess that is an optional page that is enabled with Fi service as it cannot be accessed with T-Mobile service.

Feedback Score
    Yes I think if at some point Google does want to go mainstream with this and actually enter the telecom business in order to make money, rather than just disrupting the industry and experimenting with the technology, it is inevitable they will make it work with iPhone one way or another.
    Of course seamless integration will require cooperation from Apple, and that is probably a bigger problem than the other way around

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxy View Post

are you sure this works? because I don't think so for mms.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Google Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    If people are able to succeed in getting this working on the iPhone, Google is going to succeed in spite of itself!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
    Google doesn't need it to succeed, nobody does, anymore, it's past its heyday.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriskmk View Post
    are you sure this works? because I don't think so for mms.
    I still have the SIM but no longer using this service. Here's what other people are doing currently to use this on iPhones (from Reddit user jinglemonkey1):

"Technically: - changing APN from alpha to h2g2 is key. I did this for both Cellular AND LTE. h2g2-t made no difference so I reverted back to h2g2. I now have working LTE and internet. - MMS has been v painful. I'm able to send iMessages to individuals and groups and receive back messages + media as well. However non-iOS users is another matter altogether. I set the MMS APN to h2g2 and the MMSC to http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc and I'm now able to SEND messages to groups with non-iOS devices, but not RECEIVE any back. (strange). - Setting the MMS APN to fast.t-mobile.com also didn't do anything to change this behavior. - No switching between T-Mobile & Sprint, but I don't really care about that."

And:

"I finally got everything working on my unlocked iPhone 6.

MMS - use Hangouts. Advantage is that the weaker T-Mobile network is no longer an issue since everything goes over wifi;
    iMessage - still use it for iOS messages. I could switch everything over to Hangouts but I'd rather not right now;
    h2g2 works well for LTE (thanks VZW_Matt)"

We'll see if Google can make anything happen in the near future.

Also, some users had to upgrade to ios9 in order for features to work. (Be careful of losing jailbreak if applicable)