Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No update on Cricket, but AT&T has for LG phone

Feedback Score

No update on Cricket, but AT&T has for LG phone

A friend has the same phone but on AT&T, mine is on Cricket. He got an update the other day for a new LG software version (not Android update). I've checked on mine several times and no update. Now I could probably go to the website and manually force the download etc, but I'm wondering why mine wouldn't see or get the update. Since it's from the mfg'r I can't imagine that Cricket would block it.

Feedback Score
    Cricket doesn't block it. Att does. Att phones need att sim cards to download updates. I think this is a bad thing but hey, android isn't iPhone so carriers apparently can do what ever the heck they want. With iPhones, Apple has a tight grip no matter who the carrier is because at the end, the carrier is just there for service and that's it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    +1. Just borrowed a friend's ATT sim yesterday to borrow my ATT LG phone on cricket. Worked no probem although you may need to manipulate the date if you get one of those check again in 24 hours notices. I heard you can also go to an ATT store and ask to try a sim in your phone and do the update there (using their data).

Feedback Score
    Which LG phone has an update? I have a few G2's and a G Flex 2.

Feedback Score
    This seems to be a crap shoot -- sometimes ATT phones get software updates on Cricket and sometimes they don't. Our household has an ATT branded original LG G Flex and initially we couldn't get the ATT KitKat software update on Cricket and we had to use an ATT sim. Since then we were able to get ATT software updates on Cricket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buddywiser View Post
    Which LG phone has an update? I have a few G2's and a G Flex 2.

Were you able to get the Aug and Sept 5.1.1 updates on your Flex 2 with Cricket?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, here is how I update my AT&T branded LG G3 (D850). I recently obtained updates by using GoPhone simcards. First time I tried this, during gophone simcard activation, I entered 000000000 in the imei field. I got "one" update out of 3. Any subsequent updates would not come through. Activate another simcard, this time I entered my LG G3 imei number, I was able to obtain all the updates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander32 View Post
    Were you able to get the Aug and Sept 5.1.1 updates on your Flex 2 with Cricket?

I got 5.1.1 but didn't mess with the Sept update since I already rooted it.

To do it I got a Gophone sim. Only way I could get it was to call ATT tech support and have them push it to me. Took a couple tries to get someone who knew what they were doing.

Feedback Score

To do it I got a Gophone sim. Only way I could get it was to call ATT tech support and have them push it to me. Took a couple tries to get someone who knew what they were doing.
    Did you activate the go phone SIM, was it an previously activated card or brand new inactive card?

Feedback Score

Do you mean to say that you got through to tech support at AT&T and got them to manually push the OTA to your specific device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by braids View Post
    Did you activate the go phone SIM, was it an previously activated card or brand new inactive card?
    I went to the ATT store to get the sim and had them activate it there. I signed up for the $2 per day plan (for days that you use it) + $1 for 100 MB (I think) of data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Do you mean to say that you got through to tech support at AT&T and got them to manually push the OTA to your specific device?
    Yes, there is a separate Gophone support number. I think I called that one first but they wanted to refer me to LG. The regular ATT tech support was able to push it to me.

Feedback Score
    That's brilliant! So obviously you do have to pay for the data, but at $10 a gig I guess that's not that big a deal, and no bill for the whole month... Can you tell us the size over the network?

Feedback Score
    It's an Optimus G and was purchased as unlocked. Although there were still some AT&T'ism preloaded on it and I've never had it on AT&T. In the past I did pop in a friends ATT SIM, but that's getting old. Wish there was another way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dafone View Post
    It's an Optimus G and was purchased as unlocked. Although there were still some AT&T'ism preloaded on it and I've never had it on AT&T. In the past I did pop in a friends ATT SIM, but that's getting old. Wish there was another way.
    Rooting and installing a custom rom would be another way. that's also a good way to get rid of the att bloat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast