Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clear: The Final Countdown...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I kept this to myself. But I am sad to see Clearwire go out this way. It wasn't fast but It was quick enough to let me surf the internet and still have my kids watch movies on Netflix and Hulu without any buffering. At $55/MO for unlimited internet. That's a deal. I just got Comcast recently. My bill is now about $100/mo. I hate to give into them but I have no choice and at&t Uverse isn't available where I live. I have kids now and internet access is a vital thing in my household. Hope something like Clearwire pops up. I'll get rid of comcast asap. Anyways...Bye Clearwire. You've served me well for the last 4 years.

Feedback Score
    36 hours to go. Dang, liked my Clearwire.

Feedback Score
    The price was good, but the price was the problem.. It was too low for Clear to turn a profit.

Clear was hoping to turn profit with volume. But sadly they deploy and use a ton of money in areas where clear didn't sell too well..

Fixed Wireless alternative for $59.99 with a tag of "Same price today, tomorrow, and next year"

http://www.vivint.com/internet

60$ for up to 100Mbps, Not as mobile as Clear but better than nothing

Feedback Score
    I loved Clear and will miss them also. I had them for many years. Great internet, great value for the money, and great customer service!

Feedback Score
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=16160473

TMO reseller, cheap bigData: 4G Antennashop

Last day to get 300 gigabytes for $110 per month all usable for hotspotting

Feedback Score
    I just ordered this myself.

Karma Neverstop unlimited LTE plan: Unlimited. $50/month Caveats: capped at 5Mbps and only 3 devices connected at a time.

Interesting timing especially that it uses Sprint's network I believe. Bet they get a lot of Clear users.

Link in signature. The plan is called "Neverstop" when you order.
    Last edited by stardomains; 11-05-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Yep, it is a sad day.

I was a Clear user a few years ago. Had a Clear Hub. Always got 15Mbps down 1.5Mbps up. $50 a month.

My only alternative was 768k Verizon DSL for $55/month.

Clear was a lifesaver.

Pretty sad. RIP.
    WiFi Guru

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    "...Motion is ALLOWED: (see Order): Plaintiffs have demonstrated a strong likelihood of
    success on the merits. The balance of harms also favors plaintiffs. This Court's intent is to put
    plaintiffs in that position that they would occupy under their existing agreements with
    Clearwire. It is not to impose affirmative obligations which cannot be feasibly complied with,
    or to require that Sprint: a) reactivate any parts of the WiMAX service which have already been
    shut down, or b) provide service which is better than that which ClearWire was contractually
    obligated to provide.
    A detailed Memorandum of Decision will be issued as soon as possible
    to explain further the Court's reasoning.
    Dated: November 4, 2015.."

http://voqal.org/wp-content/uploads/...on-Granted.pdf

... now, for better management of the total spectrum holdings, it BEHOOVES sprint to -

**or b) provide service which is better than that which ClearWire was contractually
    obligated to provide**

that's good ol lte up & down, w/o wimax, all sprint has to do is send connectivity hardware ahead of the conversion..
    >:-,

"Quite ironically, denying microaggressions is a microaggression. It is mostly denied by a certain type of person who refuses to admit that their reality is different from someone else's, and that their actions and words have unfortunate consequences. It's just a way to invalidate the real claims of other individuals in order to justify maintaining their behavior.

So, a microaggression." - cuttercoats

*look in the mirror, share the world respectfully*

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon /
    Feedback Score
    So, does the above mean we all get an extra 90 days of free WiMax?

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in NC View Post
    So, does the above mean we all get an extra 90 days of free WiMax?

it should,

& it gives sprint **three months** to send out lte equipment (data cards, dongles, stand alone hotspots, whatever) via 3rd party or what registered to use the newer lte, until they can honestly set up the conversion as pleasantly as possible;

if they can flip a switch on the back end remotely w/o visiting the sites, turning the wimax into lte, the educational entities will already have the devices in hand to access the new lte..

3 months for sprint to put things into over drive..

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Questions;

1. What if you're simply a standard user (not part of the nonprofit situation).

An article reported in "thestreet" that

"The emergency relief orders Sprint to maintain the WiMAX network in certain areas for 90 days to allow Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen time to migrate their users to Sprint's LTE network."

CERTAIN AREAS ?

Overall good news! Leave it to Sprint to screw over a non profit, educational group.

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Questions;

1. What if you're simply a standard user (not part of the nonprofit situation).

2. What if you pay month to month on Clear (no contract).

3. They already charged me about half the normal charge for this month because of the perceived shutdown.... will they charge the rest?

What if my service gets shut off even if there is this injunction, who do I contact?

Overall good news though!

ooh, THAT would have fallen under sprint's 95% commercial deployment, OUTSIDE of the 5% educational spectrum usage,

see all of the 89mhz belongs to the educational entities, but they allowed sprint / clear to use it, as long as clear / sprint set aside 5% for the 89mhz use educational usage = a high speed wireless pipe for the educational entities to do has they saw fit within their mission statement..

clear's commercial 95% usage, is separate of the 5% of the educational usage..

so clear's commercial wimax costumers HAD to convert to sprint's commercial offerings or bounce (that 95% spectrum deployment) by right, sprint doesn't have to continue that with the sprint / lte conversion,

*BUT* to try to trick that same deal into a 5% spectrum right, that sprint had no business other than to provide a high speed data pipe, nothing more, nothing less? sprint was on hard drugs..

on another note, many are dis-illusioned that the educational entities 1st priority of the lawsuit was to SIMPLY KEEP WIMAX ALIVE, no it wasn't, they wanted a fair trade to receive services regardless of the wimax to lte conversion, ( part of the spectrum lease agreement, that doesn't change because of an air interface conversion on that spectrum)

sprint wanted them to ither buy newer data packages under sprint commercial deployment, or walk away from their right to use 5% of the converted lte & buy services outside of the deal..

anyone who believes sprint is in the right for asking that, are on some new narcotics..
    Last edited by j'vai; 11-05-2015 at 05:10 PM.

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j'vai View Post
    [I]"now, for better management of the total spectrum holdings, it BEHOOVES sprint to -

**or b) provide service which is better than that which ClearWire was contractually
    obligated to provide**

that's good ol lte up & down, w/o wimax, all sprint has to do is send connectivity hardware ahead of the conversion..

"..The order tells Sprint to "maintain all Cost Free Educational Accounts at the same capacity and with the same characteristics as the highest level of premium mass market retail service provided on the Sprint or Clearwire networks at no cost to Licensees, and, in particular, without throttling any of the Cost Free Educational Accounts governed by this Order, except to the extent that Sprint (in the case of Sprint accounts) or Clearwire (in the case of Clearwire accounts) throttles its highest level of retail service and then, only on a nondiscriminatory basis that does not disproportionately impact Licensees' customers in relation to all other Sprint or Clearwire customers..."

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ays/2015-11-05

preserve 5% of the 89mhz deployment, & the rest is money for sprint, why are they (sprint) being dyks..

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon /
    Feedback Score
    (from another forum) The injunction lists pretty much every market where Clear sold Wi-Max.

Now the question becomes: will they leave everyone running or just Mobile Citizen's non-profit accounts?

I guess I'll know when I wake up tomorrow...

Feedback Score
    12:05 EST local time for me. Clearwire service still running.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast