Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clear: The Final Countdown...

Feedback Score
    My Clear is still running too and it is 12:06 AM Central Time,Friday, Nov 6th. They said it would be shutoff at 12:01 am.

Feedback Score
    Wow, 12:39 am and still running

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    12:27 on the west coast and I'm still enjoying my Clear internet

Feedback Score
    3:22 am central time and my Clear internet is still on! Woo Hoo!

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon /
    Feedback Score
    0800 still working here.

Feedback Score
    Still working in kc.

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score
    WiMAX lives!

WiMAX FreedomPop does too. 0800 in St. Louis and WiMAX download speeds exceed 10 Mbps.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 11-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2, LG G pad
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Mine is still on in MN. But when I go to use the computer it brings up the Clear sign in page wants me to pay . Interesting thing is it wont accept my sign in on my tablet.
    My last billing cycle they only charged me through Nov 5th.
    I would love to continue using it if it really is going to stay on for another 90 days.
    I activated my Boost mobile hotspot already. I should have waited.....

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon /
    Feedback Score
    Well, my Freedompop device still works but today was my Clear billing date, so it now takes me to the login then payment page.

Others have reported even if they paid their account was still not re-activated (their account just showed a credit.)

So I'm guessing regular (non-MB/MC) accounts are only good until their next billing date.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Mine is still on in MN. But when I go to use the computer it brings up the Clear sign in page wants me to pay . Interesting thing is it wont accept my sign in on my tablet.
    My last billing cycle they only charged me through Nov 5th.
    I suspect everyone's going to discover the same thing. Even though the WiMAX network is still up & running, Clear only charged you through November 5th. And with the bill payment system having been shutdown, there's no way to pay for another month and reactivate it.

Face it, guys, the best 4G wireless broadband internet service provider that ever existed is dead. All that's left now are the formalities; embalming, funeral services, and the burial.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j'vai View Post
    preserve 5% of the 89mhz deployment, & the rest is money for sprint, why are they (sprint) being dyks..
    you know the parable about the scorpion? Nature of the beast.

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score
    WiMAX on FreedomPop still lives though. Sprint owns Clear now and may have cut off Clear's pay page for Clear members, but Sprint does NOT own FreedomPop. A FreedomPop pop-up box says WiMAX could be shut down anytime in the next 90 days. But for now, WiMAX works fine on FreedomPop, just like any other day.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roncomatic View Post
    WiMAX on FreedomPop still lives though. Sprint owns Clear now and may have cut off Clear's pay page for Clear members, but Sprint does NOT own FreedomPop. A FreedomPop pop-up box says WiMAX could be shut down anytime in the next 90 days. But for now, WiMAX works fine on FreedomPop, just like any other day.
    While that may be true, FreedomPop only resold WiMAX service as an MVNO. They were notified of the planned November 6th shutdown of the network months ago, and should have been moving customers over to LTE. If they haven't done that, then that's on them.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    While that may be true, FreedomPop only resold WiMAX service as an MVNO. They were notified of the planned November 6th shutdown of the network months ago, and should have been moving customers over to LTE. If they haven't done that, then that's on them.
    Oh yeah, FeedomPop is always sending emails our way lately to switch to LTE devices from WiMAX devices.

Lucky for those who bought the FreedomPop-labeled U770 LTE device on New Egg or Ebay many months ago for only $20. The FreedomPop U770 tri-mode LTE usb modem is hard to find anywhere now, let alone finding it cheap. I won't use the U770 though until my WiMAX device no longer works, possibly in 90 days.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 11-06-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roncomatic View Post
    Oh yeah, FeedomPop is always sending emails our way to switch to LTE devices from WiMAX devices. And they offer LTE devices for totally FREE; only pay a $40 upgrade charge. Lol

Lucky for those who bought the FreedomPop-labeled U770 LTE device on New Egg or Ebay many months ago for only $20. The FreedomPop U770 tri-mode LTE usb modem is hard to find anywhere now, let alone finding it cheap. I won't use the U770 though until my WiMAX device no longer works, possibly in 90 days.
    That tri-band device, while good now, only supports limited LTE frequencies. You'll want to upgrade to the latest & greatest LTE-only device, preferably a "Sprint Spark" model, so that you'll get better performance once the WiMAX network IS shutdown and that spectrum re-farmed over to LTE.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast