Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Clear: The Final Countdown...

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score
    I'll pick up a Sprint Netgear usb 341u modem if FreedomPop ever offers bring-your-own DATA device. The Netgear 341u has the other bands. I can use the Netgear 341u in my Pepwave Surf Soho router which offers 4 ports of gigabit ethernet and truly excellent Wi-Fi.

Right now I'm using the Pepwave on T-Mobile's towers through Harbor Mobile's LTE data plan via an unlocked AT&T 313u modem connected to the Pepwave router.

For most of my data, I rely on AT&T U-verse broadband.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 11-06-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yep... my service now takes me to the Clear home page.

Goodbye Clear

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Yep... my service now takes me to the Clear home page.

Goodbye Clear
    Ditto. In Northern NJ.

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score
    Oh oh, can't use the WiMAX stick this Saturday morning. WiMAX on FreedomPop worked fine yesterday well after the official deadline, but one day later, things aren't looking good.

Device(s)
    Moto e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon /
    Feedback Score
    People are claiming on the Freedompop forums that if you disconnect & reset (hard reset) your WiMax-only Freedompop device (e.g. Hub Burst) several time it will eventually re-connect. I'll try that later.

Clear's login page has been updated to include the statement: "Making a payment will not resume your service."

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in NC View Post
    People are claiming on the Freedompop forums that if you disconnect & reset (hard reset) your WiMax-only Freedompop device (e.g. Hub Burst) several time it will eventually re-connect. I'll try that later.

Clear's login page has been updated to include the statement: "Making a payment will not resume your service."
    Thanks. I'll try that later today or tomorrow too.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to bypass the clear page? Since clear is officially shut down, I doubt we could get in trouble for using a signal that should not be broadcasting

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, Nexus 5X , Moto E 2015
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, FreedomPop, MintSIM, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I think I am taking a sledgehammer to my Hub Burst; unless anyone has any ideas about repurposing it somehow.

Feedback Score
    How about a paperweight! lol

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    What's going to happen to the Clear "Protection" sites? They have one up here in Ukiah in NorCal, as well as Santa Rosa, Eureka and Yuba City, also in NorCal. Ukiah is in Mendocino County, and Sprint doesn’t even have coverage in the county (they use U.S. Cellular for service).

FYI For those that don't know, Clear turned up sites in some areas, like the ones I listed, to protect their licenses, but never officially launched service on them, hence the "Protection sites" term.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 11-14-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday, I finally uninstalled the Clear Connection Manager Software from my laptop. Earlier in the week, I packed away my 4G+ USB Modem and my Clear Hub Express. I'm going to miss Clear, especially the awesome team in their Executive Escalations Tech Support Department. Over the last 2-3 years, those guys helped me out several times when Sprint caused month-long WiMAX outages at some sites while "upgrading" their towers for LTE. The outages wouldn't have lasted nearly as long if Sprint actually hired COMPETENT technicians to do the work. But I digress... the Executive Escalations team was awesome and I hope those guys are either being moved into similar positions with Sprint, or if their jobs are being eliminated, I hope they're being given a good severance package, because they deserve it.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Yesterday, I finally uninstalled the Clear Connection Manager Software from my laptop. Earlier in the week, I packed away my 4G+ USB Modem and my Clear Hub Express. I'm going to miss Clear, especially the awesome team in their Executive Escalations Tech Support Department. Over the last 2-3 years, those guys helped me out several times when Sprint caused month-long WiMAX outages at some sites while "upgrading" their towers for LTE. The outages wouldn't have lasted nearly as long if Sprint actually hired COMPETENT technicians to do the work. But I digress... the Executive Escalations team was awesome and I hope those guys are either being moved into similar positions with Sprint, or if their jobs are being eliminated, I hope they're being given a good severance package, because they deserve it.
    Hey Jack. Did you ever checked out Karma Neverstop?

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    What's going to happen to the Clear "Protection" sites? They have one up here in Ukiah in NorCal, as well as Santa Rosa, Eureka and Yuba City, also in NorCal. Ukiah is in Mendocino County, and Sprint doesn’t even have coverage in the county (they use U.S. Cellular for service).

FYI For those that don't know, Clear turned up sites in some areas, like the ones I listed, to protect their licenses, but never officially launched service on them, hence the "Protection sites" term.
    I'm wondering the same thing, all the protection sites are still alive (at least the one's i frequent).

I've been salivating waiting for those sites to go offline. File and FCC complaint for violation of the minimum buildout requirements. Still no Band 41 on these sites...

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    While I've already secured my replacement (a Verizon Wireless LTE Mobile Hotspot w/ grandfathered-in Unlimited Data Plan,)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4GHoward View Post
    Hey Jack. Did you ever checked out Karma Neverstop?
    Nope, no need. First... *points up*... and the other 2 that shared my account are straight now, too. One got cable internet, and the other went with Boost (he only uses 5-6 GB in a typical month, so 10 GB for $50 suits him fine.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4