Page 765 of 841 FirstFirst ... 265 665 715 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 815 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 12609

Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    A few tests and band combos from Rochester Road and Barclay Circle. Rochester, MI.

Attachment 153862
    Name:  Screenshot_20170912-145444.png
Views: 185
Size:  522.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20170912-145333.png
Views: 170
Size:  212.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20170912-145353.png
Views: 174
Size:  510.6 KB

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Sorry for my mistake..I stand corrected.

Your SNR is awful, that's the biggest reason your speeds suck other than congestion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Band 12 vs band 2. Both are enough to make me want to throw my phone.
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2004 & 2011-2013
    Cingular/AT&T: 2004-2006 & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Is it something to do with SiriusXM? I thought they made an agreement that WCS A&B can be used?

Not sure but I would assume it's the interference. I'm sure it will be bumped back to 10 MHz as soon as its resolved. For now, that's probably the best fix.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Your SNR is awful, that's the biggest reason your speeds suck other than congestion.

Nah, I could go outside and have a -70 signal a block from the site. Everything works fine until 9am or so. Influx of downtown workers with the majority of users being AT&T customers. Smokes the 3 or 4 sites of 6c serving the area. Lots of people are constantly changing to Verizon though due to the issues in the downtown area. With lots of state buildings around I noticed the state is switching employees away from AT&T due to this issue. I wonder if this will have an impact on the FirstNet decision?

Everywhere else in the metro area is great but AT&T has been sitting on their hands for a while there. Figured they could at least throw some antennas on their rooftop building in the middle of it all to help split the load up but that hasn't happened.

Several of us report the area on the mark the spot all the time but the app immediately comes back about a known technical issue in the area. Been like that for a while.

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nah, I could go outside and have a -70 signal a block from the site. Everything works fine until 9am or so. Influx of downtown workers with the majority of users being AT&T customers. Smokes the 3 or 4 sites of 6c serving the area. Lots of people are constantly changing to Verizon though due to the issues in the downtown area. With lots of state buildings around I noticed the state is switching employees away from AT&T due to this issue. I wonder if this will have an impact on the FirstNet decision?

Everywhere else in the metro area is great but AT&T has been sitting on their hands for a while there. Figured they could at least throw some antennas on their rooftop building in the middle of it all to help split the load up but that hasn't happened.

Several of us report the area on the mark the spot all the time but the app immediately comes back about a known technical issue in the area. Been like that for a while.
    Understood, but you misunderstood what I meant by SNR, I mean Signal to noise ratio, if you look closely in your image, it's negative which is very bad. An excellent SNR would be 20-30dBm and a poor SNR would be -20dBm. SNR is the quality of your signal the phone is receiving and can be degraded due to interference, distance from site, or misaligned antennas that have their panels pointed too close together, or you could be in an area between sectors as well called a null, where both sectors signal can be equal and can cause the SNR to fluctuate rapidly going from negative to positive and switching between sectors, I know from experience and it sucks when you live right in the middle of a null, speeds are never great.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Understood, but you misunderstood what I meant by SNR, I mean Signal to noise ratio, if you look closely in your image, it's negative which is very bad. An excellent SNR would be 20-30dBm and a poor SNR would be -20dBm. SNR is the quality of your signal the phone is receiving and can be degraded due to interference, distance from site, or misaligned antennas that have their panels pointed too close together, or you could be in an area between sectors as well called a null, where both sectors signal can be equal and can cause the SNR to fluctuate rapidly going from negative to positive and switching between sectors, I know from experience and it sucks when you live right in the middle of a null, speeds are never great.

No, I understood what you meant by SNR, I should have also followed up with the best SNR ever comment with that -70 signal.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

they been sitting on their hands for 2 years in my area...i have a att postpaid hotspot with 3xCA max speeds i saw was 20Mbps and thats only late at nite...during the day i get 5-7Mbps...i even put in a "ticket" in which they never got back to me to let me know whats going on
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    they been sitting on their hands for 2 years in my area...i have a att postpaid hotspot with 3xCA max speeds i saw was 20Mbps and thats only late at nite...during the day i get 5-7Mbps...i even put in a "ticket" in which they never got back to me to let me know whats going on
    5-7 Mbps isn't horrible speed, if it was .5-.7 then I'd be pissed. But 5 mbps is usable so idk what you're complaining about. Try having a .2 Mbps connection on 4G with a ping of >600ms

Feedback Score

AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!

5-7 Mbps isn't horrible speed, if it was .5-.7 then I'd be pissed. But 5 mbps is usable so idk what you're complaining about. Try having a .2 Mbps connection on 4G with a ping of >600ms

Same logic, you have a last decade tech pushing 0.5-0.7 Mbps out of 21 Mbps. 5-7 Mbps on 3xCA is just as bad when the peak speed can often be 225Mbps or better under ideal radio environment.

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1735 View Post
    Same logic, you have a last decade tech pushing 0.5-0.7 Mbps out of 21 Mbps. 5-7 Mbps on 3xCA is just as bad when the peak speed can often be 225Mbps or better under ideal radio environment.
    Okay, so first off that's not my actual connection speed lol, that was in a rural area with 1 bar. Under 3xCA, you should be getting quite a bit unless there are alot of users on the sector, then you get congestion, usable speeds are I'd say around 4 mbps, anything lower than that the carrier should upgrade the backhaul or the site with more bandwidth, better encoding technologies etc. 4G doesn't happen very often, but at least 2 mbps is usable on it. Then again, I lose LTE because it's a weak signal so 4G usually isn't too great either lol.

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    Actually, this may be a backhaul problem as it sounds like there is plenty of bandwidth for more than 20mbps. Sorry AT&T isn't doing anything about it they're pretty slow so they'll get around to it eventually.

Feedback Score
    Okay, so first off that's not my actual connection speed lol, that was in a rural area with 1 bar. Under 3xCA, you should be getting quite a bit unless there are alot of users on the sector, then you get congestion, usable speeds are I'd say around 4 mbps, anything lower than that the carrier should upgrade the backhaul or the site with more bandwidth, better encoding technologies etc. 4G doesn't happen very often, but at least 2 mbps is usable on it. Then again, I lose LTE because it's a weak signal so 4G usually isn't too great either lol.

Sometimes you can't just add backhaul to solve the problem. The speeds you get is also dictated by the equipments they use (including base stations, RRU or even the antenna). In addition, there's something called resource block scheduling, which is how each user gets a piece of the physical layer's resource in order for information to transfer, at a specific time. If that's filled up by users (congestion), adding backhaul won't help. And lastly, the radio interference from nearby RF equipments will also dictate the maximum speeds the air interface can push out. Aka SNR directly affects throughout. So there's a lot of factors that must be looked at instead of just adding backhaul.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!

Temple U

Benjamin Franklin Parkway near the embassy suites. Band 30.

Tough day in at&t land here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post

Temple U

Benjamin Franklin Parkway near the embassy suites. Band 30.

Tough day in at&t land here.
    Hey at least LTE is 10x faster.

Page 765 of 841 FirstFirst ... 265 665 715 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 815 ... LastLast