Thread: Moto DROID TURBO 2 and MAXX 2

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Moto DROID TURBO 2 and MAXX 2

Please use this thread to discuss the new Motorola DROID TURBO 2 & MAXX 2 phones.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...erizon_id75148
    The Maxx 2 is $384, and the Turbo 2 is $624 (32GB) and $720 (64GB).
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm not real excited for either one.
    For a few dollars more, the Moto X Pure Edition at $399 is probably the better choice over the Maxx 2, in terms of higher end specs. And the Turbo 2 (64GB) at $720 seems less interesting to me since the LG V10 will probably be around that price range.

Feedback Score
    Yes and ability to take your phone to any provider is worth a lot especially for resale value. So how did these guys compared to the old quark turbo max? I expect the prices on those to be dropping

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Yes and ability to take your phone to any provider is worth a lot especially for resale value. So how did these guys compared to the old quark turbo max? I expect the prices on those to be dropping
    The $10 price difference between the Moto X Pure and Droid Maxx 2 definitely makes the X Pure the more attractive device to me.
    And the Turbo 2's big selling point is the shatterproof display, since it is P-OLED and has all those extra layers. But I'd be interested in seeing it had a drop comparison with the V10, since it has a dual layer Gorilla Glass 4 on it. But other than that, specs wise, the V10 is the only phones that I'd even consider going to from my Note 4 Dev Edition, as long as the V10 is rootable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    The $10 price difference between the Moto X Pure and Droid Maxx 2 definitely makes the X Pure the more attractive device to me.
    And the Turbo 2's big selling point is the shatterproof display, since it is P-OLED and has all those extra layers. But I'd be interested in seeing it had a drop comparison with the V10, since it has a dual layer Gorilla Glass 4 on it. But other than that, specs wise, the V10 is the only phones that I'd even consider going to from my Note 4 Dev Edition, as long as the V10 is rootable.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant the moto turbo droid / known as Maxx overseas, came out a little bit after the Moto X?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Both phones look nice but not excited about the prices. It would be hard to pay $30 more for the phone payment. $20 would be my maximum and that's still not ideal to me.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They will ship with Lollipop.