Thread: Rogers First Rewards-Anyone know when it officially ends?

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Rogers First Rewards-Anyone know when it officially ends?

Hi, I recall reading last month that Rogers First Awards was ending at the end of this year. I have a lot of points i never did anything with and would like to clear them while i can but when I click on the necessary page for them it just goes round and round.

Is there anyone there that has been able to access and use theirs since the announcement?
    Or know if there is a way to use use them that I am not aware of?

I am assuming we will all lose ours, another defining Rogers moment and they are no longer at all accessible?

Anyone happen to know if there is away around it, somehow?

Thanks
    Ask me for my Nickname online at HEATWARE and RFD to see my full 100% ratings!

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    " Rogers customers enrolled in the First Rewards program will continue to accrue points until December 1st, and will be required to redeem them by an unspecified date in June 2016, when the program will be shuttered."
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    How odd. This is the 3rd time i have not been able to access them but the first time I began to question why...

Anyone with them should click on their www.rogers.com site and see when they try to click on the tab for it, IF they show up or just keep going around and around and never get you there.
    Perhaps its their way of ensuring most won't bother to cash them in

I am now really curious and want to use them no matter what. So i shall call them in the next day or two and see why i can't access it. I have the latest browser on Chrome and all the right Flash components....in any event, thanks for that.

Still curious to know if anyone else can access theirs though...

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiksa View Post
    How odd. This is the 3rd time i have not been able to access them but the first time I began to question why...

Anyone with them should click on their www.rogers.com site and see when they try to click on the tab for it, IF they show up or just keep going around and around and never get you there.
    Perhaps its their way of ensuring most won't bother to cash them in

I am now really curious and want to use them no matter what. So i shall call them in the next day or two and see why i can't access it. I have the latest browser on Chrome and all the right Flash components....in any event, thanks for that.

Still curious to know if anyone else can access theirs though...
    Please report back as I'm sure that here are a number of people who are in the same boat (not me, I'm mostly happy on Wind - speed would be nice along with a larger coverage area would make me happier ) and people will find this conversation sooner or later).

Have you tried a different browser? Firefox? Safari if you are on a Mac? IE if you are on a Windows box? How about the browser on your phone?

If anyone is using Flash for their website, that would be one reason for me to abandon them completely. Flash is more INSECURE than Windows ever was, so many zero-day exploits. I haven't had it on any system of mine for years. Recommended to be removed. Only Google Chrome has it built in, so I tell people if you have to have Flash, use Chrome and use Chrome ONLY for those sites that need Flash and exit from Chrome when you are not on those sites. Use another browser for your other stuff and use IE only for system updates for Windows users. For online banking, find a browser and use only that browser for any online banking, or only use an app for your bank if you can verify that that app came from your bank, not just that the app store SAYS it is for your bank. Use at your own risk or go old school and go visit a branch or telephone bank or use your bank ATM's.
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    For the Record, I have now tried to access them on the following:

OSX: Safari and Chrome

Android: Chrome

iPhone: Chrome

That's 4 different routes in and none work.

Here is a screenshot. Those dot like thingies just move around, non-stop as if to imply it's going to the necessary webpage but 30 mins later they are still "bouncing"

There are two routes, both beside each other when in the rogers.com page but both have the same dots and dont go anywhere beyond them.

Last edited by Shiksa; 11-05-2015 at 09:34 AM. Reason: fixed one typo

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    It appears to be a problem on your side. Maybe computer? Maybe account? i was able to just log into my Robbers Dollars account now and see all the rewards.

Device(s)
    1 + 1 and the iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thank you.

That was the reason for the thread.
    Wanting to know if anyone else could get in.

Funnily enough, I am pretty adept at computers and phones. I have not bothered to dig further than this for I did not wish to waste my time doing so unless i knew for sure they were accessible. I will now find out why I cannot access them.

My account is in perfect standing
    I pay $275 a month and it's paid before the due date, nor is there a bill outstanding so I can't imagine why I can't get to mine but I will phone them before this Monday, express what's wrong and do it manually, if not over the phone.

Thanks so far everyone

Thanks.

I will respond further if I learn anything about this that might be useful to others.