Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 697

Thread: Got a couple of the Verizon $9.99 Moto E from Best Buy tonight.

  1. #676
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0
    40 minutes on the phone and all is resolved. We had to change SIMs - luckily I have some spares like every good Tracfone owner

    I'm going through a phone consolidation so I'll probably be doing this again in the next 2 months...it's a sickness

  2. #677
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,018
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex03 View Post
    40 minutes on the phone and all is resolved. We had to change SIMs - luckily I have some spares like every good Tracfone owner

    I'm going through a phone consolidation so I'll probably be doing this again in the next 2 months...it's a sickness
    Great! So another classic example of why to skip that initial test activation you did and just go for the full transfer.

    Still, I wonder why the transfer got botched up and need another SIM if the SIM didn't get activated? I wonder if the SIM can still be used.

    It's mid-March and I have not bought any new phones this year. I hope I can make it until the end of the year, unless I see a tempting Nexus 6P deal .

  3. #678
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    517
    Device(s)
    TF ZTE Max Duo
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon LTE
    Feedback Score
    0
    This may already be posted in this thread but my Moto E got a security update today.
    Tracfone ZTE Max Duo (Verizon)

  4. #679
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    576
    Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    This may already be posted in this thread but my Moto E got a security update today.
    Is it this one?

    23.16.5.surnia_verizon.verizon.en.US vzw

    If so, that was from May.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

  5. #680
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    517
    Device(s)
    TF ZTE Max Duo
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon LTE
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes that's it. I haven't had my Moto E on in a while.

  6. #681
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    with your girlfriend!
    Posts
    508
    Device(s)
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    0
    What was it about?

  7. #682
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does anyone here who bought one (or more) of these pre-paid Verizon Moto E phones have one in good condition they would be willing to get rid of? I have just gone back to Verizon after years with T-Mobile and I really liked my first-generation Moto E. It seems as though a bunch of people here bought more than one of these phones when Best Buy had the ten dollar deal. If anyone has one they'd get rid of at a reasonable price, I'd be glad to buy it. A private message would be the best way to reach me. And my apologies for the somewhat off-topic post. It just seemed the best place to find someone who had a few of them.

  8. #683
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    806
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtry View Post
    Does anyone here who bought one (or more) of these pre-paid Verizon Moto E phones have one in good condition they would be willing to get rid of? I have just gone back to Verizon after years with T-Mobile and I really liked my first-generation Moto E. It seems as though a bunch of people here bought more than one of these phones when Best Buy had the ten dollar deal. If anyone has one they'd get rid of at a reasonable price, I'd be glad to buy it. A private message would be the best way to reach me. And my apologies for the somewhat off-topic post. It just seemed the best place to find someone who had a few of them.
    These are/were Moto E II phones not Moto E I if you are really looking for Moto E I.

  9. #684
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,497
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    These are/were Moto E II phones not Moto E I if you are really looking for Moto E I.
    You're correct. Mine is a Moto E XT1528 (2nd Gen/2015).

  10. #685
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtry View Post
    Does anyone here who bought one (or more) of these pre-paid Verizon Moto E phones have one in good condition they would be willing to get rid of?

    You might also consider the Verizon G4 Play from Dollar General for $39. Apparently some stores still have them and that is a very good deal if you are looking for a Verizon (CDMA) phone. It's four times the cost of the Moto E but is larger, newer, and comes with a full warranty.

  11. #686
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    5,809
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does Verizon step in and stop an activation or re-activation of a Verizon pre-paid phone purchased or activated before they clamped down on such activations?

  12. #687
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    3,640
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Does Verizon step in and stop an activation or re-activation of a Verizon pre-paid phone purchased or activated before they clamped down on such activations?
    Others have reported that earlier manufactured models still used the old rules. The change to the present locked down/12 months of service seems to have started around August. You never know about Verizon though, as they keep changing the rules.

  13. #688
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,132
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How does such a lock manifest? Does the phone suddenly stop working, sim blocked, etc?

  14. #689
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,018
    Feedback Score
    0
    No, it's blocked/locked out of the box and will only work on Verizon Prepaid until it's unlocked.

    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    How does such a lock manifest? Does the phone suddenly stop working, sim blocked, etc?

  15. #690
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    near Lake Michigan
    Posts
    752
    Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    No, it's blocked/locked out of the box and will only work on Verizon Prepaid until it's unlocked.
    I would think if the phone were activated, BYOP or otherwise, prior to Verizon's actions, it would be unlocked from that point forward.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 10:01 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:04 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 01:05 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 03:38 AM
  5. Getting rid of the "Verizon Wireless" banner
    By crislau in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 10:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks