Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: Got a couple of the Verizon $9.99 Moto E from Best Buy tonight.

Feedback Score
    40 minutes on the phone and all is resolved. We had to change SIMs - luckily I have some spares like every good Tracfone owner

I'm going through a phone consolidation so I'll probably be doing this again in the next 2 months...it's a sickness

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex03 View Post
    40 minutes on the phone and all is resolved. We had to change SIMs - luckily I have some spares like every good Tracfone owner

I'm going through a phone consolidation so I'll probably be doing this again in the next 2 months...it's a sickness
    Great! So another classic example of why to skip that initial test activation you did and just go for the full transfer.

Still, I wonder why the transfer got botched up and need another SIM if the SIM didn't get activated? I wonder if the SIM can still be used.

It's mid-March and I have not bought any new phones this year. I hope I can make it until the end of the year, unless I see a tempting Nexus 6P deal .

Device(s)
    TF ZTE Max Duo
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon LTE
    Feedback Score
    This may already be posted in this thread but my Moto E got a security update today.
    Tracfone ZTE Max Duo (Verizon)

Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    This may already be posted in this thread but my Moto E got a security update today.
    Is it this one?

23.16.5.surnia_verizon.verizon.en.US vzw

If so, that was from May.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    TF ZTE Max Duo
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon LTE
    Feedback Score
    Yes that's it. I haven't had my Moto E on in a while.

Device(s)
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    What was it about?

Feedback Score
    Does anyone here who bought one (or more) of these pre-paid Verizon Moto E phones have one in good condition they would be willing to get rid of? I have just gone back to Verizon after years with T-Mobile and I really liked my first-generation Moto E. It seems as though a bunch of people here bought more than one of these phones when Best Buy had the ten dollar deal. If anyone has one they'd get rid of at a reasonable price, I'd be glad to buy it. A private message would be the best way to reach me. And my apologies for the somewhat off-topic post. It just seemed the best place to find someone who had a few of them.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtry View Post
    Does anyone here who bought one (or more) of these pre-paid Verizon Moto E phones have one in good condition they would be willing to get rid of? I have just gone back to Verizon after years with T-Mobile and I really liked my first-generation Moto E. It seems as though a bunch of people here bought more than one of these phones when Best Buy had the ten dollar deal. If anyone has one they'd get rid of at a reasonable price, I'd be glad to buy it. A private message would be the best way to reach me. And my apologies for the somewhat off-topic post. It just seemed the best place to find someone who had a few of them.
    These are/were Moto E II phones not Moto E I if you are really looking for Moto E I.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    These are/were Moto E II phones not Moto E I if you are really looking for Moto E I.
    You're correct. Mine is a Moto E XT1528 (2nd Gen/2015).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtry View Post
    Does anyone here who bought one (or more) of these pre-paid Verizon Moto E phones have one in good condition they would be willing to get rid of?

You might also consider the Verizon G4 Play from Dollar General for $39. Apparently some stores still have them and that is a very good deal if you are looking for a Verizon (CDMA) phone. It's four times the cost of the Moto E but is larger, newer, and comes with a full warranty.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Does Verizon step in and stop an activation or re-activation of a Verizon pre-paid phone purchased or activated before they clamped down on such activations?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Does Verizon step in and stop an activation or re-activation of a Verizon pre-paid phone purchased or activated before they clamped down on such activations?
    Others have reported that earlier manufactured models still used the old rules. The change to the present locked down/12 months of service seems to have started around August. You never know about Verizon though, as they keep changing the rules.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How does such a lock manifest? Does the phone suddenly stop working, sim blocked, etc?

Feedback Score
    No, it's blocked/locked out of the box and will only work on Verizon Prepaid until it's unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    How does such a lock manifest? Does the phone suddenly stop working, sim blocked, etc?

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    No, it's blocked/locked out of the box and will only work on Verizon Prepaid until it's unlocked.
    I would think if the phone were activated, BYOP or otherwise, prior to Verizon's actions, it would be unlocked from that point forward.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast