Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: "Unlimitedville Unlimited Sprint Hotspot Plans for $42.99/month" 2-year contract Bus.

Device(s)
    Moto G3, Nexus 5X, Robin, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Unlimited Data Pass, Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    Pete Mcbride has a 208 area code and he is the Master representative for this offering.

Feedback Score
    So, is he in Franklin, TN?

Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    Pete Mcbride has a 208 area code and he is the Master representative for this offering.

Feedback Score
    You said you just used your SSN?, correct? What "business name" did you use? or did they ask for that at all.

I have an EIN #, but its not a business you could really look up online.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I know from experience from dealing with American Express for years that they like everything in writing when it comes to a dispute. Translation: get the 30 day or 60 day trial in writing via email, along with detailed price per month charges. Then you win on any dispute.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    You said you just used your SSN?, correct? What "business name" did you use? or did they ask for that at all.

I have an EIN #, but its not a business you could really look up online.
    I am sole proprietor so they just asked me for SS#. If you are incorporated and have Dun and Bradstreet Profile then Tax ID# is fine. I am a psychologist so I just said psychologist.

I wrote call me on online form under SS# so the guy called about an hour to 90 minutes later.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. DO keep us updated about this...

If you get approved..............What you owe upon signon . . . . . . . how long it takes to ship . . . . .

and after you get, your review on setup and how speeds are.

I am interested in this.........I have a BOOST MOBILE FUSE (which is newer than the ZING, and its also made by Netgear)...

I got it for $9.99...........With a discount, I can get their 10GB plan for 37.50 with no contract. Extra data is $5/1GB......

Wondering whether or not to stay with this...
    I am sole proprietor so they just asked me for SS#. If you are incorporated and have Dun and Bradstreet Profile then Tax ID# is fine. I am a psychologist so I just said psychologist.

I wrote call me on online form under SS# so the guy called about an hour to 90 minutes later.

Feedback Score
    A quick search finds that Mr. McBride is involved with Boise, Idaho-based Impact Wireless, whose web site states that they are a "Master Agent For Sprint." Mr. McBride is not among the eight company executives pictured on the company's home page (http://impact-wireless.com/).

Impact's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/impactwirelessinc/) has an October posting mentioning Mr. McBride as a contact in connection with an offer of a free Sprint Spark Takeover for businesses and "Unlimited internet on up to 10 devices for only 42.99 a month. 60 days to try it out!!!"

Both Impact sites give a street address for an office in Boise, which is almost 2,000 miles away from Franklin, Tenn.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    A quick search finds that Mr. McBride is involved with Boise, Idaho-based Impact Wireless, whose web site states that they are a "Master Agent For Sprint." Mr. McBride is not among the eight company executives pictured on the company's home page (http://impact-wireless.com/).

Impact's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/impactwirelessinc/) has an October posting mentioning Mr. McBride as a contact in connection with an offer of a free Sprint Spark Takeover for businesses and "Unlimited internet on up to 10 devices for only 42.99 a month. 60 days to try it out!!!"

Both Impact sites give a street address for an office in Boise, which is almost 2,000 miles away from Franklin, Tenn.
    To make a long story short, these dudes, Barber and McBride are Sprint salesmen. They do Sprint's dirty work. Sprint business handles everything, billing, technical support, etc. You can rest assured I will be talking to Sprint business before I put my name on a dotted line or give out my CC. According to the salesmen, I will be getting all the information from Sprint via email once I am approved, which should take a day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    That's amusing, considering VoIP throughput is typically a tiny smidgen compared to other streaming data uses. Wonder if that is a condition required by Sprint?

The other information is also ... interesting. Thanks. Did you search LLCs as well as corporations? In some states that requires a separate search. And a business doesn't have to be even a corp. or an LLC. Could be a sole proprietorship or partnership, for example...
    The search function on the Tennessee Secretary of State's web site appears to cover all corporations, including LLCs. Unfortunately, Tennessee's system doesn't allow you to a name search to find out if someone is an officer or registered agent of a coporation. It is also possible that there is a parent corporation with a different name than the business. But my concern here would be not knowing who to pursue in case of a problem.

Doing business with a properly incorporated company offers at least some reassurance. Of course, in this case, it's a mystery what the relationship is between Unlimitedville and Impact Wireless. It's also not clear to me how or why Unlimitedville is involved if the offer is available directly from Impact and Impact is handling inquiries.

I am not trying to cast aspersions on any of these folks, but I do like to research new entities and offerings and I thought I'd share my research, since I have learned much from these (Howard) forums and like to contribute when I have meaningful information.

I've often wondered how frequently VOIP usage actually becomes a terms-of-service issue. I've seen speculation that using a VPN can conceal VOIP usage, but I've never been sure. I've occasionally used VOIP when it's not really allowed, but have done so sparingly so as to avoid any problems with the wireless broadband provider.

I think the reason for the distinction between VOIP and other data uses involves the money companies make on selling voice services, not the quantity of data involved.

Feedback Score
    if you go to the facebook page, and click on the offer, it states you get the FUSE, not the ZING. The FUSE is a newer model.
    So, which one do you get?

Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post

Feedback Score
    It appears that VOIP use is blocked. According to the web site's FAQ page: "This is a DATA-ONLY plan. Use of the voice option on routers will cause the line to be discontinued."
    Are you sure that restriction refers to VOIP? Is it possible it refers to attempting to make an actual voice call?

In any case, using a VOIP app on a phone would not exactly be using the "voice option on routers", would it?

Feedback Score
    Consolidated elsewhere.
    Last edited by greg4android; 12-01-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Feedback Score
    Consolidated elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    Consolidated elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    This is really transparent or shady. I don't know which.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast