Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: "Unlimitedville Unlimited Sprint Hotspot Plans for $42.99/month" 2-year contract Bus.

Feedback Score
    Ok folks, here's your question answered.

Unlimitedville.com is an agent of Impact Wireless in Idaho. they partnered with them on this offer.

so, it all seems legit.

"lineisbusy", thanks for all the digging on that, in addition to what I found out.

NOW, who's signing up?

Feedback Score
    Just posted. they are an agent of impact wireless...............so what all that's been posted now makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    This is really transparent or shady. I don't know which.

Feedback Score
    This all reminds me of the ole MILLENICOM. Unlimited Sprint. We'll never know what went wrong with that company.

But at the time, it was unlimited 3g for 79 a month. Lord, how many years has it been since I had that plan?

Feedback Score
    P.S. the ORIGINAL offer for the unlimited/42.99 offer for impact wireless was posted on OCTOBER 22.

When did unlimitedville.com first pop up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    P.S. the ORIGINAL offer for the unlimited/42.99 offer for impact wireless was posted on OCTOBER 22.

When did unlimitedville.com first pop up?
    Oh I just noticed them today when doing some searches. Sorry I missed the earlier post but that is good that the offer is staying open.

By all means choose whichever of Impact Wireless direct or unlimitedville.com is easier to deal with. Sometimes, though, I find it is useful to deal with whoever is most anxious for your business, even if smaller, as they are most motivated to push it through.

Feedback Score
    Here's an email I received directly from the CEO of impact.

Greg, this is an Exclusive business offering through the Sprint ABR channel. Unlimitedville is contracted through Impact Wireless as an authorized agent to sell. Impact Wireless is a Master Dealer for Sprint. You can purchase directly through Impact Wireless or through them. Ultimately we handle all the orders so it will come through us for approval. Since they are local and a partner, I would much rather you have local support knowing you are being backed by one of Sprints largest ABR's.
    Last edited by greg4android; 11-30-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G3, Moto G4 Play, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    Expo Mobile, Tracfone (AT&T), Tello, AT&T Unlimited Data Pass
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    So, you talked with Pete McBride?

208 area code is based in Boise, Idaho, which is where IMPACT WIRELESS is located...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, how is the company in Franklin, TN related to Impact Wireless in Idaho?

This is getting weird.
    I don't care where the 208 area code is. That is so irrelevant to the key questions here. You sound so paranoid over such nonsensical location issues. And yes, I spoke to Pete Mcbride. Is there something weird about that too? So what if it's not near Knoxville, TN?

The important questions here are if the 2 year agreement is worth it? Cable/Fios prices are likely headed higher. But deals like this may pop up from time to time and a better one may come along, which is cheaper. Also, what happens if the hotspot gets lost or damaged during the two year period? At what cost is another one provided? There is also confirmation of the issue of the tax rate? And, to a lesser extent, the differences of the trial period, 30 day or 60 day?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    It appears that VOIP use is blocked. According to the web site's FAQ page: "This is a DATA-ONLY plan. Use of the voice option on routers will cause the line to be discontinued."
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    That's amusing, considering VoIP throughput is typically a tiny smidgen compared to other streaming data uses. Wonder if that is a condition required by Sprint?
    using the telephone port on a MiFi / mobile data router as far as I know has nothing to do with VoIP, it is just there as a convenience factor when you have a sim that is capable of delivering voice service as well as text and data. It seems that Sprint is simply stating this is a data only plan, and that technically the sim will technically allow for voice usage but they will penalize you if you actually try to use it.
    I have never heard of any mobile operator nor any ISP, preventing VoIP access on their data service

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe how some of you nit pick deals when they pop up. You guys would scr*w up a wet dream. This is no different than going to Jose's Phone Barn down the street where they can sign you up on any carrier. It's cell phone contract, we all have been in them and we all know how to get out of them. The only thing an etf did to me was keep me out of the bars for a couple of weeks. It's not like you are being roped into a Las Vergas Time Share. $42/month is good deal even if ends up being 20GB and then throttled. If it is truly is unlimited, no company will match it. As for 30 or 60 day trial, I'll know in the first week if its for me or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    I can't believe how some of you nit pick deals when they pop up.
    this +1
    But do keep in mind for some people that's not bar money, may well make a more significant difference to the monthly budget if things get screwed up.
    And the other thing to keep in mind about the sniping aspect is some people do actually have an axe to grind and that is their job

Feedback Score
    COLLEGEA . . . .DID YOU READ POST 51 AT ALL?

Its all legit. Pete works for impact wireless.

Unlimitedville is just an agent of impact wireless.

Nothing wrong with being paranoid about a company who you've never heard. I think you had just as many questions as the rest of us.

Its all good now. You can order from IMPACT or you can order form unlimitedville. All orders go thru Impact **REGARDLESS***.....

and where did KNOXVILLE, TN come into the picture?

[QUOTE=collegea;16240730]I don't care where the 208 area code is. That is so irrelevant to the key questions here. You sound so paranoid over such nonsensical location issues. And yes, I spoke to Pete Mcbride. Is there something weird about that too? So what if it's not near Knoxville, TN?

QUOTE]

Feedback Score
    So, who's signed up?

Who got approved?

Feedback Score
    Say i want to use their sim on another mifi or a tablet will they let me?

Feedback Score
    Official answer. NO. You have to use the device provided.

and the device provided is the ZING (not the FUSE)

Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
    Say i want to use their sim on another mifi or a tablet will they let me?
    Last edited by greg4android; 12-01-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto G3, Moto G4 Play, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    Expo Mobile, Tracfone (AT&T), Tello, AT&T Unlimited Data Pass
    Feedback Score
    I just spoke to Pete McBride on the phone for about 20 minutes and got lots of answers to my questions. 1) If the Hotspot gets damaged or lost one can get another one by calling him for well under $50, possibly for just a few dollars. 2) One can use the Fuse Hotspot or any any other Sprint Router/Mifi on this plan. The problem, according to Pete, is that the Fuse is not currently available. Sprint has recalled it. He is not sure what the problem is, but he cannot get his hands on one. 3) It is definitely a 60 day trial. 4) ETF is $300, but the longer one stays on the plan the lower the ETF becomes. If one decides to ditch the plan after 1 year, the ETF would be approximately $150-$170. 5) This is a postpaid business plan and one must sign up on Sprint.com to pay one's bill. That is to say, this is not a shabby Smartel billing operation. 6) I own the Hotspot and it costs $50. 7) One will get a bill after 2 weeks and one will have to pay for a month and a half of service, the two weeks one used the service and a month in advance. 8) approval generally takes a day.

Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast