Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LTE Roaming "officially live"

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    Hmm interesting... My PRLs are 55029 on the M9 and 54029 on my 6. Tried to push an update but it's still giving me 029.

I wonder if you need 030 to get the new roaming?

Since LTE is handled like GSM, is this dealt with in the PRL or via the network side on the SIM card?
    Really not sure honestly. I've only been with Sprint for a couple of weeks...(before that I was usually a GSM customer).
    So maybe because I just joined, I have the newest SIM and PRL? Just a thought.

Device(s)
    Pixel, S7
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    Hmm interesting... My PRLs are 55029 on the M9 and 54029 on my 6. Tried to push an update but it's still giving me 029.

I wonder if you need 030 to get the new roaming?

Since LTE is handled like GSM, is this dealt with in the PRL or via the network side on the SIM card?
    It's handled network side thought he PRL needs to allow your device to scan for lte. Lte roaming can be controlled down to individual cell sites if need be.

Right now uscc and sprint and others soft launched lte roaming and still going through the kinks and bugs. When it's ready there will be a grand announcement because sprint loves their countdowns and announcements.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    This past weekend I visited a location where my Sprint iPhone 6 roamed on US Cellular. While I did see 3G EVDO, no LTE.
    I don't have a US Cellular phone, so its possible and likely that US Cellular hasn't rolled out LTE even for their own customers in the place I visited. Anyway, haven't been able to see this new LTE roaming yet first hand.
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    So has anyone been able to successfully LTE roam?

I just visited an area that shows in the map LTE roaming. No go with latest PRL.
    Have they advertised which bands are supported? I had a GS5 which I believe only has 25/26/41.

Sounds like we need more details on how this roaming works on USCC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CxC View Post

I just visited an area that shows in the map LTE roaming. No go with latest PRL.
    Have they advertised which bands are supported? I had a GS5 which I believe only has 25/26/41.

I was able to connect to Cellular South also known now as "CSpire". It just showed extended LTE and voice was their 1X CDMA network.

For me it was pretty seamless, and data was 20ish Megs. It was their + area so did not count against my plans allotment.

I also have been in quite a few of their roaming as native 3G areas which worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Depends on the area where you are roaming. For example, if you are in US Cellular territory, you need a phone that has support for Bands 5 and 12. Other roaming partners lease spectrum from Sprint so they'll use 25, 26 or 41.

Where are you trying to roam?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klakzky View Post
    Depends on the area where you are roaming. For example, if you are in US Cellular territory, you need a phone that has support for Bands 5 and 12. Other roaming partners lease spectrum from Sprint so they'll use 25, 26 or 41.

Where are you trying to roam?
    US Cellular territory - Eastern NC.

Is there a way to see which bands my phone would need to be able to roam in a specific area?
    So based on this, my GS5 will not be able to LTE roam on USCC ever?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is LTE roaming available on the iphone?
    Verizon iPhone 6

Feedback Score
    US Cellular territory - Eastern NC.

Is there a way to see which bands my phone would need to be able to roam in a specific area?
    So based on this, my GS5 will not be able to LTE roam on USCC ever?
    Your phone can roam on whatever bands it can connect to provided the roaming provider allows you to connect to LTE.

However, since the Sprint GS5 only has 25/26/41, you're only going to be able to roam on those LTE bands which USCC doesnt use. So you're stuck with EVDO roaming until you get a newer phone. I believe all new Sprint phones come with support for Bands 5 and 12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kgravelle7k2 View Post
    Is LTE roaming available on the iphone?
    Yep. I have the 6S

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Are you able to roam in-network on US Cellular band 12 if say you don't get a sprint signal in a building?

Feedback Score
    Can I get anything in 28694 zip code, I would like to give sprin a try to see if any good. O called them and they told me to respect to get in market roaming as I do with Verizon. I see no reason not to switch as I can get my Bill down and they will pay my phone off.

Device(s)
    Sprint BB 8830 (POS)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yeah! I roamed on USCC LTE last month (July '16)

Sprint postpaid, HTC m9, prl 55055
    Southern Oregon

Feedback Score
    I LTE roamed in USCC also in northeast Iowa near Dubuque on US-151.

Feedback Score
    LTE roaming? They'll lose money on me. I've used about 40 gb in the last 20 days, I'd probably have used double that if I had any data when I roamed. What happens when you reach the roaming limits? Seems like 18 months ago I was roaming with an iPhone 6 and it limped along , but when an android it was pretty obvious that my roaming data "was up". I called and complained and they acknowledged that it was excessive but they would insure I could roam with at least enough bandwidth to use GPS. It was a very odd call to Customer Service for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast