Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Will basic phones every be popular again?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile, RingPlus, Tracfone BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bjbmouse View Post
    i bought a $14 bar phone on straight talk with Verizon service. It is the LG 109C and I love it. So simple, unbeatable, long battery. Doesn't have a camera and Internet is pretty worthless on it but if you love basic phones this is perfect
    That's very similar to my favorite cheapo phone - the Samsung T199. It doesn't even have a camera, but it is my go-to phone when I want to bring a small, cheap, durable phone with me. We just got back from a beach vacation yesterday. Lol
    Self-professed gadget geek, serial phone-tryer-outer.
    iOS, Android, BB10, Windows...it's all good.

Currently?
    Main lines:
    Iphone SE x2, Samsung J7: TMO Select Market Family Match
    Iphone 5s Tracfone

How many active SIMs does one person need?

Feedback Score
    I do miss my flip action , it made me feel like I was cool!
    You can raise your bar, we can help!
    www.cellphoneboosterstore.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by budmanbr View Post
    Lately I've been reading more often about people pissed off at smart phones for different reasons. Do you guys think basic phones such as flip phones will ever come back, such as vinyl records in the music industry?
    I just left my iPhone 4S for several reasons….
    1: We are on iOS 10 now and the 4S will not handle iOS 8 smoothly… I have seen MANY youtube video’s and other web sites claiming that some iPhone 4S have crashed from iOS8.. while some still work but very sluggish… I am still on iOS 7, ALL my apps have locked me out because they all require iOS 10, most web sites i go to won’t let me in because my safari is outdated due to iOS 7 limited security…
    2: The earpiece volume is getting worse, the loudspeaker is all garbled.. The battery fluctuates … it sometimes dies at 20% and sometimes will sit at 1% for a LONG time before it dies..
    Bottom line i need a new phone… BUT i refuse to pay $650+ for ANY smartphone… i don’t give 2 sh*ts what features it has.. $650+ for any phone or smartphone is OBSURD… But millions pay that price everyday all day which is what is pathetic..
    My wife has her iPhone 6S and is going to pay $900 after its paid off in 3 yrs.. OMFG that is crazy but she is addicted to her smartphone and refuses to go away from it even though its too intrusive on to her personal life that she complains out…
    So after a week of her having it her phone has studied her everyday traveling and now the phone will tell her the best route to work from home and vise versa everyday.. ALong with the best route to the grocery store from work or home… And to and from her parents house.. I find that very intrusive and sad that this phone is doing this and apple said there is no way to turn this off because its built into the operating system .. Then when she takes pictures, the phone will ask her if she wants to post it to Facebook or send it to a family member and it even pulls up family members names that she has stored and asks if she would like to send it to them…
    And i tell her everyday this phone is too invasive into your daily tasks.. it is studying your every move and already asking you what would you like to do next… before you even do it..
    So no smartphones for me anymore.. I am NOT addicted to my smartphone, yes they are handy and useful because i have the world at my fingertips, but do i need all that freedom every second..?? Do i have my FACE buried into my smartphone like 99% of the people out there now are. YOU KNOW WHO YOU PEOPLE ARE… !!! YOU KNOW YOU GUYS CANT GO MORE THAN 30 MINUTES WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR SMARTPHONE…
    So i ditched my iPhone and now have a kyocera DuraXE & my Samsung Rugby II.. And won’t be looking back anytime soon..!!

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    I just left my iPhone 4S for several reasons….
    1: We are on iOS 10 now and the 4S will not handle iOS 8 smoothly… I have seen MANY youtube video’s and other web sites claiming that some iPhone 4S have crashed from iOS8.. while some still work but very sluggish… I am still on iOS 7, ALL my apps have locked me out because they all require iOS 10, most web sites i go to won’t let me in because my safari is outdated due to iOS 7 limited security…
    2: The earpiece volume is getting worse, the loudspeaker is all garbled.. The battery fluctuates … it sometimes dies at 20% and sometimes will sit at 1% for a LONG time before it dies..
    Bottom line i need a new phone… BUT i refuse to pay $650+ for ANY smartphone… i don’t give 2 sh*ts what features it has.. $650+ for any phone or smartphone is OBSURD… But millions pay that price everyday all day which is what is pathetic..
    My wife has her iPhone 6S and is going to pay $900 after its paid off in 3 yrs.. OMFG that is crazy but she is addicted to her smartphone and refuses to go away from it even though its too intrusive on to her personal life that she complains out…
    So after a week of her having it her phone has studied her everyday traveling and now the phone will tell her the best route to work from home and vise versa everyday.. ALong with the best route to the grocery store from work or home… And to and from her parents house.. I find that very intrusive and sad that this phone is doing this and apple said there is no way to turn this off because its built into the operating system .. Then when she takes pictures, the phone will ask her if she wants to post it to Facebook or send it to a family member and it even pulls up family members names that she has stored and asks if she would like to send it to them…
    And i tell her everyday this phone is too invasive into your daily tasks.. it is studying your every move and already asking you what would you like to do next… before you even do it..
    So no smartphones for me anymore.. I am NOT addicted to my smartphone, yes they are handy and useful because i have the world at my fingertips, but do i need all that freedom every second..?? Do i have my FACE buried into my smartphone like 99% of the people out there now are. YOU KNOW WHO YOU PEOPLE ARE… !!! YOU KNOW YOU GUYS CANT GO MORE THAN 30 MINUTES WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR SMARTPHONE…
    So i ditched my iPhone and now have a kyocera DuraXE & my Samsung Rugby II.. And won’t be looking back anytime soon..!!
    Cool story, bro
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Cool story, bro
    its not a story .. It's a reality
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by budmanbr View Post
    Lately I've been reading more often about people pissed off at smart phones for different reasons. Do you guys think basic phones such as flip phones will ever come back
    Too many people are seriously addicted to their smartphones.. That is a fact and it can be seen daily everywhere..
    Get off your phone for one day and just look around at other people...

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I could get a flip phone with a decent camera, I'd lose my smartphone in a minute.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    If I could get a flip phone with a decent camera, I'd lose my smartphone in a minute.

My DuraXE has a 5mp camera which is not too bad, its clean and clear, the only downfall is the video, sure its 720P… but it only records in PORTRAIT mode, that right there kills the video instantly…

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    My DuraXE has a 5mp camera which is not too bad, its clean and clear, the only downfall is the video, sure its 720P… but it only records in PORTRAIT mode, that right there kills the video instantly…
    I'll check out the DuraXE. (I'd prefer at least 8mp vs 5mp, even though there's more to cameras than just pixel density, of course.) Thanks for the lead!

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I keep and old CDMA flip phone active on PagePlus to get Verizon's coverage when I travel and go backpacking. When backpacking I appreciate its light weight and long battery life. All the carriers seem to be planning to shut down their 2G & 3G systems and going to all LTE. When this happens I'd like to have an option for a small light-weight phone with a good battery life, rather than dragging a smartphone out into the woods.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    So far Cell companies are ignoring users that want basic phones , smartphones are much more profitable ! I only have a basic phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    So far Cell companies are ignoring users that want basic phones , smartphones are much more profitable ! I only have a basic phone.
    Yes smartphones is where the $$ is because people are severely addicted to them and will pay $800+ for one ... Just so they can have their faces buried into them and be on Facebook, Instagram and twitter every second they are awake .. Lord forbid you are not connected to the world every second of the day... Lol

I have my duraxe because its a basic simple flip phone with a good loudspeaker and it has 4G/LTE with WiFi so I can do a hotspot and tether it if need be..

I got 13 days of standby on this phone already.. With about 7 calls lasting 5-10 minutes each... And my battery is still at 38% :-)

-- EARTH IS FLAT --
    Defending the heliocentric model proves you have accepted a 500 yr lie without question or thought or proof just means you have failed yourself

Feedback Score
    Well I am using another flip phone.
    I was going through my big box of phones last week and came across one that I vaguely remember.
    It is an AT&T Nokia 6350 that was locked to AT&T.
    I put in an unlock request on the AT&T non customer unlock portal late Saturday.
    Monday morning I received the unlock code.
    Unlocked it and put one of my T-Mobile $1 a day unlimited talk SIM cards in it. My other T-Mobile $1 a day SIM card is in the LG dLite we talked about earlier in this thread.

The Nokia 6350 is a great little flip phone.
    It's 3G.
    Takes a memory card up to 16GBs.
    2MP camera.
    It's very sturdy.
    And it's RED.

I saw one on eBay selling at a very ridiculously high price of $329!
    Also one in the $29 range but it was in bad condition.
    Most are selling around $92 to $96.

Really nice little phone.
    I'm glad that I found it in my collection of cell phones

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Well I am using another flip phone.
    I was going through my big box of phones last week and came across one that I vaguely remember.
    It is an AT&T Nokia 6350 that was locked to AT&T.
    I put in an unlock request on the AT&T non customer unlock portal late Saturday.
    Monday morning I received the unlock code.
    Unlocked it and put one of my T-Mobile $1 a day unlimited talk SIM cards in it. My other T-Mobile $1 a day SIM card is in the LG dLite we talked about earlier in this thread.

The Nokia 6350 is a great little flip phone.
    It's 3G.
    Takes a memory card up to 16GBs.
    2MP camera.
    It's very sturdy.
    And it's RED.

I saw one on eBay selling at a very ridiculously high price of $329!
    Also one in the $29 range but it was in bad condition.
    Most are selling around $92 to $96.

Really nice little phone.
    I'm glad that I found it in my collection of cell phones

I have a 6350 in black. I love it too! It has my T-Mobile legacy PAYGO line. The phone is over 7 years old but still holds standby charge for over a week.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    I have a 6350 in black. I love it too! It has my T-Mobile legacy PAYGO line. The phone is over 7 years old but still holds standby charge for over a week.

Yeah I was amazed at how long the battery lasts!
    It was stored away for years with the battery removed and I put the battery in when I was going through the box of phones and it was still almost fully charged.

Another thing I was glad about is it uses a standard micro USB charger.

A lot of my old phones use proprietary chargers that I may have hidden away somewhere.
    I really hate that. Finding an old phone that I might want to try out and it has a charger that I can't locate.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast