Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: The dreaded Tracfone BYOP 'Could not activate cellular data network'

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NMBlue View Post
    This has now happened to all three of our Tracfone iPhones. It has only occurred when the data has been zeroed out and I bought a refill. Went to ivzwinternet.tracfone.com and it solved the issue. I'm trying not to let the data bucket empty completely anymore...although that is tricky with teenagers.
    Do your phones say "Verizon " or "TFW " at the top ?

Feedback Score
    My iPhone SE says "TFW" When I had an iPhone 5, it said Verizon, but it came from a friend who had Verizon service. I also had an issues activating the data with that one but found the answer here as to how to fix it. I actually just took the card from the iPhone 5 and put it in the SE and it worked fine until the other day when I had the trouble with my data. I now have a new SIM card for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    Do your phones say "Verizon " or "TFW " at the top ?
    2 are TFW, one is Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 are TFW, one is Verizon

I was wondering if maybe that had something to do with the problem, but it doesn't look like it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sheila_schumach View Post
    Hello! I had the same issue a few days ago with my iPhone SE. I had fixed it myself before with the solution from this forum. But this time, it didn't work. I was on chat with Tracfone and went to a friend's house to use their landline and got THIS solution that I don't believe I've seen here. This is what they had me do:

uninstall old APN profile

go to iphone.flexserve.net/select

Select the country (I live in the US)

under APN settings enter 'VZWINTERNET' with NO username or password

Click "generate profile"

Install new profile. Turn off phone, turn back on.

It worked! Wanted to share this solution as the "ivzwentp.tracfone" profile route did not work for me.
    Thank you so much for this, it worked for me as well. I had just added more data, although I wasn't starting from zero like someone mentioned before. Makes no sense, as I have added data a number of times before with no problem whatsoever.

So glad I didn't have to get on the phone with TF customer service, thanks again!

Feedback Score
    Sheila,

I can't thank you enough for this profile link solution. I had a similar issue although my iPhone SE was purchased from Tracfone and so not even a BYOP. It worked fine for two months but after purchasing more service, the data no longer worked on LTE, only on 3g.

After hours on the phone over three days with their customer service reps, including links to that ivzwentp profile, they finally sent me a new sim card. In the meantime I did research on Apple's support site and other websites...with no solution. When the new sim card didn't work, Tracfone said I needed to go to the Apple store. Another hour on the phone with Apple who had me reset the phone and then made me a genius bar appointment. More wasted hours as after testing it, found my iPhone works fine.

I dreaded calling Tracfone again and so decided to try one more internet search and found this forum link. Read through all the pages and decided to try this suggestion as the Apple genius had actually tried a similar profile that didn't work...and immediately, I had my LTE service return.
    Now I am just concerned that this will be a recurring issue with each new service purchase...

Feedback Score

The dreaded Tracfone BYOP 'Could not activate cellular data network'

Unfortunately it does seem to be a recurring issue. It's happened twice with same phone. 1st time after about 30 min w/ Tracfone support it was fixed. 2nd time much wasted time & no help from support. Found fix here. I'll be needing data soon & am dreading it because of this issue. It's ridiculous that support can't help unless you get lucky because not everyone finds this forum. . Thx to all who have posted solutions.

Feedback Score
    I had posted a fix here previously. Unfortunately it's not working right now. It says "only one APN configuration can be installed at a time" and there isn't an APN installed. Or at least I don't think so. And is this only happening when you buy data CARDS? I didn't have this issue when I bought data online. Thanks if anyone can help.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

No Profile Installed

I had posted a fix here previously. Unfortunately it's not working right now. It says "only one APN configuration can be installed at a time" and there isn't an APN installed. Or at least I don't think so. And is this only happening when you buy data CARDS? I didn't have this issue when I bought data online. Thanks if anyone can help.

That just happened in my household. Reset network settings: Settings--general-- reset--reset network settings. It will warn that it will delete settings and return to factory defaults. Ok. It will reboot

You'll have to re-enter WiFi passwords when finished.

Feedback Score
    I finally had to add more data on 9/30. I was dreading it but miraculously I was able to add 5 1 gb & my data still worked! I am afraid to update to newest iOS though.
    I'm sorry you're having problems & hope it's been worked out.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just got the "Could not activate cellular data network" message, completely out of the blue. Cellular data had been working fine since I got my iPhone 5 over 2 years ago. I have plenty of data left, and my phone's service doesn't end until next month. Running iOS 10.3.3. Settings--General--Carrier is Verizon 28.4 (so, I assume, CDMA).

I found that cellular data would work if I turned off LTE in Settings--Cellular--Cellular Data Options--Enable LTE. This dumbed the phone down to 3G. If you get the "Could not activate cellular data network" message and and really need data at that moment, this might work for you as a temporary fix until you can get to WiFi and load the profile at http://ivzwentp.tracfone.com,

When I got home, I installed the above profile, then shut down and restarted the phone. All was well.

Amusing side note: When the above happened, we were driving to the airport to meet a friend. My wife was driving. I needed to check both freeway traffic and our friend's arrival time. When it first happened, I tried my wife's Android phone. It wouldn't get data, either. So I fiddled with my iPhone again, found that turning off LTE worked, and we were OK. When we got home, I found that the 'Droid's data had been turned off in one of the main screens that has buttons for WiFi, Bluetooth, Data, etc. Same problem, different cause. Some psychologists claim that there is no such thing as a coincidence. Technical people know better!
    Last edited by BassClef; 10-11-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Feedback Score
    My son's phone just got the same message, "only one APN...". He has reset his network setting, still a no go. Please let me know if you were able to resolve this issue. Thanks!

I swear, as soon as you get past one obstacle with Tracfone, they throw a new one at you.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if Straight talk VZ experiences this problem?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    My son's phone just got the same message, "only one APN...". He has reset his network setting, still a no go. Please let me know if you were able to resolve this issue. Thanks!

I swear, as soon as you get past one obstacle with Tracfone, they throw a new one at you.
    Yes I was, but not sure exactly how I did it. I tried to reset network settings and that did not work. I called Tracfone and they gave me the info how to install the APN through iapnupdatevzw.tracfone.com and my error message was "The UUID for the profile "tracfone.vzwentp" is not unique." When I called them they apparently changed some kind of setting (NO idea what they may have done on their end). I then did a full restore on my iPhone. It worked after that. Again, not sure EXACTLY which step did that.

Good luck! This is ridiculously frustrating. I hate when I have to find a friend's cell phone or land line to call them. It always works in the end... I'm glad I have this forum to vent and hopefully find ways to make it all work.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I hate when I have to find a friend's cell phone or land line to call them. It always works in the end...
    Setup Google Voice or other VoIP for backup method.

I can use my tablet or other (old) phones with that too so I can reboot the phone having issues.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11