Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Network performance under Rogers

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score

Network performance under Rogers

Well, it's been a month since the December 29 spectrum transfer to WIND, and at least two months of Rogers actively working on the network Mobilicity users will be consigned to. Ample time that we might reasonably expect a level of performance appropriate for a HSPA+ network.

As it happens, for the first time this morning after weeks of crappy performance:

Name:  1696665787.png
Views: 2092
Size:  29.2 KB

Edmonton, downtown west, early Sunday, using the local Shaw Ookla server.

That's what we should be seeing on 'premium' data, 5-7+ Mbps, with at least 2 Mbps on the basic data, dependably.

Pings will be poor until Rogers gets us off that solitary Toronto Allstream POP.

Let's post some "now on Rogers" results. Please specify location, time of day, basic or premium.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Comments on voice call performance are likewise welcomed, especially as compared to the excellent quality we enjoyed on the original network.

Feedback Score
    Never had issues with new Mobilicity voice quality. Superior to wind for sure since the few times I've used it no one complained yet. Data during the day has been complete shiet though. It's fine later at night/early morning (on basic data).

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Not much improvement in Scarborough
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe my eyes! This is the best speed I've ever seen on Mobi! Both upload and the Ping is amazing! (Note: My phone always shows carrier is "Rogers Wireless", but it is a Mobi SIM)

This is Mobi Premium in Ottawa about 22:45PM

Name:  speed.png
Views: 1841
Size:  59.7 KB
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    A few minutes later, and where I know I've been handed off to a more utilized tower, my speed is lower: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1697804942

(signal was still full and same Speedtest server)

But it's still not bad at 3.32mbps, but ping was higher again... I'm not sure what to make of it, but at least we're not below 1mbps like near the start of the transition...

Feedback Score
    When the transition first happened I was not as enthusiastic about the network performance I was getting: 1 meg down, 0.2 up. Enough, but 'meh'.

However, in the last little while the performance has been excellent, 5 megs down, 2 megs up, 5/5 bars in downtown Calgary.

With the 20 gig package and Netflix during the commute, I don't think I'll ever cancel the plan (unless something truly revolutionary is offered by another carrier).

Feedback Score
    I'm still having about ~20 - 30% of the time where data is either inaccessible completely, or unusable (goes in and out) despite having lots of bars. (I guess I should clarify.. I almost always have a data connection, but cannot actually transmit or receive data)

This is way worse than mobilicity ever was for me so I'm quite disappointed. I was hoping this was going to be fixed by now. If it continues, it will likely push me to another provider despite my fervent plan to stay 'for life'. (Yes I've emailed coverage about 4 times.. they are not that helpful)

(In Langley/Surrey area of BC)

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps they are doing region by region? I had issues like that, but the last few days it's been constantly useful. Even during the evening commute, I'm still getting 2-3mbps down and 1.2 up... It's spiking to 8mbps too. I'd hold onto this plan. It's a gem!

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Retested again today. Premium data, got up to 9mbps!

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote73 View Post
    I'm still having about ~20 - 30% of the time where data is either inaccessible completely, or unusable (goes in and out) despite having lots of bars. (I guess I should clarify.. I almost always have a data connection, but cannot actually transmit or receive data)

This is way worse than mobilicity ever was for me so I'm quite disappointed. I was hoping this was going to be fixed by now. If it continues, it will likely push me to another provider despite my fervent plan to stay 'for life'. (Yes I've emailed coverage about 4 times.. they are not that helpful)

(In Langley/Surrey area of BC)
    Same here. I'm connected but unable to send and receive any packets of data whatsoever. I hope it's just temporary. I can't even use WhatsApp.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
    Same here. I'm connected but unable to send and receive any packets of data whatsoever. I hope it's just temporary. I can't even use WhatsApp.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk
    Same area too?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I concur with the above. Do you have to enable data roaming on your phone? I am quite certain that R is trying to annoy the heck out of us to get us out of our early joined lifetime plans.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G, Blackberry Bold, Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, Moto G, Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Zoomer Wireless (Cityfone), Mobilicity, Speakout
    Feedback Score
    I am on $45 plan with discount ($29 promo). I do not have premium data. My data is around 1.5Mbps up/down.
    Are you expecting any more improvement on basic data?

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    You get 1.5? I just did a speed test 3 days ago and I have 68kbps down, 125 up and 919ms ping.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast