Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Network performance under Rogers

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I have experienced the strange data cut-out issue today. It happened 2 different time periods in 2 different locations (Ottawa zone, "premium" data).

Data was 3-6mbps, then just suddenly and with no warning, became 0. Looking at the Network Monitor app, the phone maintained connectivity during this time, but data transmission never exceeded 4kBytes/sec. This resulted in timeouts and "no connection" warnings in many apps.

I happened to have a Rogers Rockethub nearby, and it happily maintained a 21mbps connection at the same location, so this shows that there were no issues with the network.

I understand that Rogers wants to give Mobi customers a lower quality service since we have a deal compared to Fido or Rogers, but paying $45 is certainly not paying $0. We are customers, and unknown outages are far worse than poor speeds overall. It requires you create alternate plans, like carrying another carrier's SIM card. Today after waiting 20 minutes with no data, I did switch to my Bell SIM.

If they are planning on reducing speeds to near 0, they should either publish or push warnings when they are planning to cut off data so we do not get caught by surprise. If you're expecting to meet someone and they WhatsApp you and you don't know Rogers stopped data, you wouldn't even know.

I think Rogers should set a minimum speed of 1mbps, otherwise they should SMS the device to warn the user to expect interruptions.

By the way, now that it's 2AM, Mobi is happily 6mbps with 46ms ping again...

Does anyone else have any idea on circumstances that precede the speed drops?
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    I have experienced the strange data cut-out issue today. It happened 2 different time periods in 2 different locations (Ottawa zone, "premium" data).

Data was 3-6mbps, then just suddenly and with no warning, became 0. Looking at the Network Monitor app, the phone maintained connectivity during this time, but data transmission never exceeded 4kBytes/sec. This resulted in timeouts and "no connection" warnings in many apps.

I happened to have a Rogers Rockethub nearby, and it happily maintained a 21mbps connection at the same location, so this shows that there were no issues with the network.

I understand that Rogers wants to give Mobi customers a lower quality service since we have a deal compared to Fido or Rogers, but paying $45 is certainly not paying $0. We are customers, and unknown outages are far worse than poor speeds overall. It requires you create alternate plans, like carrying another carrier's SIM card. Today after waiting 20 minutes with no data, I did switch to my Bell SIM.

If they are planning on reducing speeds to near 0, they should either publish or push warnings when they are planning to cut off data so we do not get caught by surprise. If you're expecting to meet someone and they WhatsApp you and you don't know Rogers stopped data, you wouldn't even know.

I think Rogers should set a minimum speed of 1mbps, otherwise they should SMS the device to warn the user to expect interruptions.

By the way, now that it's 2AM, Mobi is happily 6mbps with 46ms ping again...

Does anyone else have any idea on circumstances that precede the speed drops?
    Yes! Been noticing this for the past week in Mississauga and Brampton. Data just cuts off. Wife couldn't even WhatsApp me.

Voice calls go through perfectly and signal remains strong. I know the apn is still mobi but this would be one bad and sly way of getting mobi customers off their network.

I thought my two lines were the only ones impacted. Makes me regret my move from public.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson X1i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weedb0y View Post
    Yes! Been noticing this for the past week in Mississauga and Brampton. Data just cuts off. Wife couldn't even WhatsApp me.

Voice calls go through perfectly and signal remains strong. I know the apn is still mobi but this would be one bad and sly way of getting mobi customers off their network.

I thought my two lines were the only ones impacted. Makes me regret my move from public.
    I can attest to this as well. Even if data is functioning, this is the speeds I get in Vancouver, B.C. (Note the long tail on the download speeds; pretty much at 0KB for the first part of the test)

http://i.imgur.com/RMVMEvH.jpg

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    what kind of phone are you guys using?

on my oneplus2 all i put in is apn, i skip the port and proxies.

am experiencing between 1.2 on low end to 3.5 on premium data.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score

Network performance under Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
    Same here. I'm connected but unable to send and receive any packets of data whatsoever. I hope it's just temporary. I can't even use WhatsApp.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk
    +1
    The same experience recently. Sometimes can't use data at all or it loads forever.

GTA area. basic data.

Why it's capped at 2 mbps in the year 2016???

Ps had some issues with voice, where people could not hear me. Also sometimes calls did no go through.
    One time could not access voicemail number.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1454298472.733752.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  52.7 KB
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    So ABwagner suggested that we sticky this and unstick the mobi speed test thread. However I feel like maybe we should merge them.

Any opinions ? I am not opposed to the fresh start - but wanted to check what everyone here feels like before I make changes.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps merge? Since all of this discussion is since the takeover, we will see the separation and evolution...

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    So ABwagner suggested that we sticky this and unstick the mobi speed test thread. However I feel like maybe we should merge them.

Any opinions ? I am not opposed to the fresh start - but wanted to check what everyone here feels like before I make changes.
    Didn't know you could merge threads. I see so many of the "same" threads and nothing is merged together so I sent you a private message suggesting to sticky this new thread about the new Rogerlicity and to unsticky the older Mobilicity before Rogers thread because it is now more important to know about Rogerlicity than what it was like a half year ago and more.

If you can merge them together AND change the thread title to reflect that, go for it.

Also asked about moving the whole Mobilicity forum under the Rogers forum, since that is where it now belongs. Others have also suggested the same thing. Your reply message indicated its being worked on by the higher ups.

I've tried to help by making some suggestions directly rather than letting the suggest get "lost" in a thread.
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    The thread was started, and named, to record the experience of Mobilicity users of the new network as managed by Rogers. Not intended as yet another gripefest or speedtest thread, but as a factual discussion that might actually draw the attention of Rogers personnel.

As the thread OP, I'd prefer it not be re-named, merged, stickied or otherwise manipulated.

And I for one would prefer that the Mobilicity forum not be merged and lost under the Rogers forum, for a number of good reasons.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    I agree on merging the threads. We will see the progress and evolution of Mobilicity's network quality. The old stickied thread has become irrelevant at this stage.

Voice is excellent as usual but I have experienced some data drop outs. People do need to put this issue up front and center so Roger's will notice and rectify the issue. It's probably the old Mobilicity backend / APN. The user base must have increased greatly and if they did not upgrade it there will be issues.

Also while I understand not putting Mobi under the Roger subgroup it is what it is and Mobilicity's definitely owned by Roger's at this point. If Fido doesn't have their own group its hard to justify why Mobi should.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    If the old stickied thread is irrelevant, why merge the two?

This thread loses currency when the network is stabilized to HSPA+ performance and Rogers has met assurances given at time of transaction approval and immediately thereafter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    If the old stickied thread is irrelevant, why merge the two?

This thread loses currency when the network is stabilized to HSPA+ performance and Rogers has met assurances given at time of transaction approval and immediately thereafter.
    Agree 100%. This does not need over moderation there's like 10 posts a week here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just joined so I could report my findings here. I've been a long time Wind user, but have been really frustrated with the deadzones. Had hoped that the migration to Rogers would see speeds like Wind has in good locations, mixed with reliability of a good network. I've got the reliability, but speeds are still pretty poor. Here's the results I saw yesterday/today, all taken in various parts of Burnaby BC, with the speedtest.net android app, on my OnePlus One. I did one test last night on my Galaxy S4, but it was the roughly the same as the OPO so I won't include it, as I don't have those results on me at the moment. I upgraded from regular data to "premium" yesterday and saw no difference in speeds.

2016/02/01
    9:30AM 0.89/1.67
    2:05PM 2.56/1.84
    2:06PM 0.41/1.33
    2:07PM 0.84/1.37
    2:15PM 0.46/1.13
    2:27PM 2.08/0.14
    4:25PM 2.43/1.85
    6:48PM 0.56/1.22
    7:54PM 2.28/2.14

2016/02/02
    8:18AM 3.51/1.93
    9:29AM 1.25/0.99

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cryolithic View Post
    Just joined so I could report my findings here. I've been a long time Wind user, but have been really frustrated with the deadzones. Had hoped that the migration to Rogers would see speeds like Wind has in good locations, mixed with reliability of a good network. I've got the reliability, but speeds are still pretty poor. Here's the results I saw yesterday/today, all taken in various parts of Burnaby BC, with the speedtest.net android app, on my OnePlus One. I did one test last night on my Galaxy S4, but it was the roughly the same as the OPO so I won't include it, as I don't have those results on me at the moment. I upgraded from regular data to "premium" yesterday and saw no difference in speeds.

2016/02/01
    9:30AM 0.89/1.67
    2:05PM 2.56/1.84
    2:06PM 0.41/1.33
    2:07PM 0.84/1.37
    2:15PM 0.46/1.13
    2:27PM 2.08/0.14
    4:25PM 2.43/1.85
    6:48PM 0.56/1.22
    7:54PM 2.28/2.14

2016/02/02
    8:18AM 3.51/1.93
    9:29AM 1.25/0.99
    Thanks for the findings... And welcome!

Feedback Score
    I'd honestly been hoping that Vancouver would have better speeds.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast