Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Network performance under Rogers

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cryolithic View Post
    I'd honestly been hoping that Vancouver would have better speeds.
    Most of us are hoping that with some time, we will get better and more constant speeds...
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the question is now, do I cancel my wind service and stick with mobi until Shaw makes Wind an option again? Or will Rogers keep this down and I should stick with Wind....decisions decisions.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    Well the data cut outs seems to be fixed in the Sullivan Heights area of Surrey at least. I guess all the complaints to Rogers helped. It's a slow but steady 1.5mps, I even tethered a laptop onto it. Any reports on other areas?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cal653 View Post
    Well the data cut outs seems to be fixed in the Sullivan Heights area of Surrey at least. I guess all the complaints to Rogers helped. It's a slow but steady 1.5mps, I even tethered a laptop onto it. Any reports on other areas?
    I'm tempted to say the same for Surrey/Langley border. I'm going to keep testing but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Friend had a data stick plan and called in today because it wasn't working. The agent informed him that Mobi have received loads of calls about them not working.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Well, so we lack a concensus on the merge / move / sticky. My suggestion would be on the fresh start - since the mobilicity thread is now largely irrelevant. I would vote on not to merge the thread so we get to see how mobilicity customers are treated by Rogers - just as the post title implies.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    While you're modding about, I suggest "In the News" be unstickied. And "Tower News" as well, I don't foresee a reliable source for Mobilicity sites going forward. You might consider "Mobilicity moments from history" for stickyhood.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I guess that given the lack of posts here, everyone is satisfied with service the last week?

I'm on "premium" and generally see 1-2mbps peak time, 5mbps off peak in Ottawa. Ping is usually 70-120ms. Is this what everyone is getting?

I no longer notice the 0kbps drop off, but 2 days in a row I have had the H disappear, while still indicating a strong signal (-65dbm) and there be no data connectivity until I airplane mode and reconnect. Anyone else get this issue?

Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    I'm still seeing the same problems as bluenote73, namely full signal bar strength, but seemingly no internet connectivity. This is also in the Metro Vancouver area, but more around South Vancouver and Richmond areas. Seems to have improved a little bit in the past few weeks.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't say I'm satisfied... I keep swapping back and forth between my Mobi and Wind sims. Mobi has the better signal now, but the speeds are just so ****. Wind with the recent changes in Vancouver has better speeds when you have signal, and better signal than before, but I still get dropouts where I lose completely at work.

I should note I upgraded to premium data and noticed 0 difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
    I'm still seeing the same problems as bluenote73, namely full signal bar strength, but seemingly no internet connectivity. This is also in the Metro Vancouver area, but more around South Vancouver and Richmond areas. Seems to have improved a little bit in the past few weeks.
    Mine has been flawless for.. A couple weeks (?) now? First time I got the dreaded 0 data last night in a while.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    Experienced complete data disconnection today around 5pm PST @ Scott Road and 80th Ave. Surrey. I tried to use my phone to read reviews while out shopping, had to resort to free wifi. No issues with voice calls which was excellent as usual.

It seems that the data drop outs get worse in commercial areas during peak business times. It's usually good at home in the night.

The does not seem to be fully fixed yet. If anyone else is experiencing issues I encourage them to email [email protected] so they can resolve this.

Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    My SO is on Fido and reported similar issues. Seemingly full signal strength, but no connectivity. To recap, we're in the Vancouver area. Wonder if this issue extends to any other Fido or Rogers users.

Sent from my CW-Vi8 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Can someone let me know what was the best speed they've had without Premium Data in Vancouver since the Rogers acquisition. Back in the pre-acquistion days we can watch Youtube without any pauses but nowadays it seemed that you cannot even watch a 3 minute video in small screen mode without having 10 pauses or more. I am wondering if a newer phone with more processor speed and rams will make a difference as well.
    Last edited by exfido1997; 02-22-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    Actually received a response which was appreciated. If anyone else experience any issues let [email protected] know so they can fix it.

"Hello and thank you for your email.

Yes we had a DOS attack around that time yesterday that disabled all data traffic. The issue was resolved about 20 minutes later."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast