Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 426

Thread: Verizon band 5 deployment

  1. #286
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,947
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    I'm guessing VZW didn't buy Band 66 in Chicago?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No aws 3 in Chicago for Verizon.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,266
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here are screenshots of recent speedtests i've taken in Chicago (Im out flying on a trip right now, so i cannot take one here and have it count for Chicago)





    My average data usage on this line is 8GB on the legacy $30/mo unlimited plan.. I have had it forever

    I do not get throttled, and while it generally works i can tell a difference in file download speeds when sitting and trying to do work somewhere

    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Please do because I literally work right there and have no major issues. And there really are no outdoor locations in the city where you don't get B4 so that's strange you say you're getting stuck on B13.
    Well bud, I live there so I know. Hell even when i decide to take the L, it gets stuck on B13 going between Sox/35 red line and Chinatown stop. There's no excuse for that in 2017

    Even when walking into my friends place right behind the cork n carry a few blocks over, you cannot have a call on VZ.. It WILL drop. He has an S7 and has to be on his WiFi to use it if he walks between his buildings as well and that's two blocks west of me.

    As much as you like to fanboy the network.. they still have places even in Chicago they need to work on.

    I pay a premium for this network and I expect it to work like a premium network... Plain and simple.

    And do not get me started on VZW's capacity issues around airports, especially since they brought the unlimited back. It's only gotten worse.
    Left: T-Mobile Unlimited LTE, Right: TWC/Spectrum "ultra" (I want Wide Open West back!)

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago/Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    3,845
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon band 5 deployment

    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Here are screenshots of recent speedtests i've taken in Chicago (Im out flying on a trip right now, so i cannot take one here and have it count for Chicago)





    My average data usage on this line is 8GB on the legacy $30/mo unlimited plan.. I have had it forever

    I do not get throttled, and while it generally works i can tell a difference in file download speeds when sitting and trying to do work somewhere



    Well bud, I live there so I know. Hell even when i decide to take the L, it gets stuck on B13 going between Sox/35 red line and Chinatown stop. There's no excuse for that in 2017

    Even when walking into my friends place right behind the cork n carry a few blocks over, you cannot have a call on VZ.. It WILL drop. He has an S7 and has to be on his WiFi to use it if he walks between his buildings as well and that's two blocks west of me.

    As much as you like to fanboy the network.. they still have places even in Chicago they need to work on.

    I pay a premium for this network and I expect it to work like a premium network... Plain and simple.

    And do not get me started on VZW's capacity issues around airports, especially since they brought the unlimited back. It's only gotten worse.
    You're talking about the Cork & Kerry at 33rd & Princeton? There's literally a macro just to the east of there on one of the IIT buildings. I've pulled over 170 Mbps there... And you shouldn't be dropping to B13 on the redline between 35 & Cermak stations. I take the Dan Ryan to the Cermak exit all the time and never ever lose B4. If you're losing B4 it's that stretch of the line that goes through a tunnel briefly.

    There is literally no fanboyism going on here, I know the network in the area like the back of my hand and you haven't been able to provide any usable evidence to back your claims at this point. Plus you have basically come out of the woodwork with all this, so you have zero credibility on top of that.
    I have over a year of posting history while using Verizon full time with exact locations behind every test showing how the network has been performing. You can see I do not cherry pick, I show good and bad spots. You're not gonna win any arguments you may try to pick with me about my home turf.

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,947
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Here are screenshots of recent speedtests i've taken in Chicago (Im out flying on a trip right now, so i cannot take one here and have it count for Chicago)





    My average data usage on this line is 8GB on the legacy $30/mo unlimited plan.. I have had it forever

    I do not get throttled, and while it generally works i can tell a difference in file download speeds when sitting and trying to do work somewhere



    Well bud, I live there so I know. Hell even when i decide to take the L, it gets stuck on B13 going between Sox/35 red line and Chinatown stop. There's no excuse for that in 2017

    Even when walking into my friends place right behind the cork n carry a few blocks over, you cannot have a call on VZ.. It WILL drop. He has an S7 and has to be on his WiFi to use it if he walks between his buildings as well and that's two blocks west of me.

    As much as you like to fanboy the network.. they still have places even in Chicago they need to work on.

    I pay a premium for this network and I expect it to work like a premium network... Plain and simple.

    And do not get me started on VZW's capacity issues around airports, especially since they brought the unlimited back. It's only gotten worse.
    You should save your money and dump Verizon if they are so bad in Chicago. I mean why pay a premium when your phone fails you 87 percent of the time traveling chi town ?

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,266
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    You're talking about the Cork & Kerry at 33rd & Princeton? There's literally a macro just to the east of there on one of the IIT buildings. I've pulled over 170 Mbps there... And you shouldn't be dropping to B13 on the redline between 35 & Cermak stations. I take the Dan Ryan to the Cermak exit all the time and never ever lose B4. If you're losing B4 it's that stretch of the line that goes through a tunnel briefly.

    There is literally no fanboyism going on here, I know the network in the area like the back of my hand and you haven't been able to provide any usable evidence to back your claims at this point. Plus you have basically come out of the woodwork with all this, so you have zero credibility on top of that.
    I have over a year of posting history while using Verizon full time with exact locations behind every test showing how the network has been performing. You can see I do not cherry pick, I show good and bad spots. You're not gonna win any arguments you may try to pick with me about my home turf.
    Dude, whatever all i'm saying is MY experience with it. Verizon while you like to claim is a "gold standard" is simply not.

    Yes, i've gotten amazing speed tests downtown in the loop and such, but in the neighborhood I LIVE IN sucks.

    This is the first neighborhood i've ever had issues with VZW - other than airports. So that would be why "i'm coming out of the woodwork"

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago/Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    3,845
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Dude, whatever all i'm saying is MY experience with it. Verizon while you like to claim is a "gold standard" is simply not.

    Yes, i've gotten amazing speed tests downtown in the loop and such, but in the neighborhood I LIVE IN sucks.

    This is the first neighborhood i've ever had issues with VZW - other than airports. So that would be why "i'm coming out of the woodwork"
    So far you've barely given any locations and the ones you (barely) have are spots that AREN'T an issue and haven't mentioned a single spot that actually does have a signal issue so this is more about you trash talking the network without providing any data to back it up. And you came in guns blazing about how TMO has been so much better for you, which if you actually knew the area you'd know that TMO barely works in half of Bridgeport and most of the south side. I have posting history to back that up too. You even said that AT&T is really bad too, which I know for a fact is not true in the city.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    De Soto
    Posts
    236
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 3 (with FM Radio), iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Verizon shut down one carrier of CDMA2000 on 850 which leaves 5 MHz of Bandwidth for LTE... I'm on AT&T and they just started deploying B5 LTE in STL, MO

    Sent from my LG-K371 using HoFo mobile app

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    194
    Feedback Score
    0
    amybody know when they will get band 5 or something else to fix these horrible speeds here in Los Angeles.? my s8plus never seen speeds higher than 10mbps . On band 4, i get 1-5 , band 2 ,or 13, 1-3 mbps . They need to work on capcity issues here real bad. And they need to do it pronto.! i know many others on verizon that have just had it with the slow speeds. Downtown LA dont is at kbps speeds even with full bars lte . That as of now in 2017 is UNNACEPTABLE! YES KBPS speeds not even 1 mbp. Cant load nothing at All. Cant even send picture messages they fail . Coming from Metro piece of shyyt as they call it here ,heck metro was never ever this slow metro pcs average 15-
    20 mbps slowest i ever saw was 12 mbps . Inside buildings i drop down to 1X i completly loose LTE on all bands. Yes it still works to call but again usually no data at all on 1X . Metro kept LTE deep in buildings. sometimes i think DAMM did i mess up by switching to verizon and paying more ....but i believed eveything about best network and most reliable . haha

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    484
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    amybody know when they will get band 5 or something else to fix these horrible speeds here in Los Angeles.? my s8plus never seen speeds higher than 10mbps . On band 4, i get 1-5 , band 2 ,or 13, 1-3 mbps . They need to work on capcity issues here real bad. And they need to do it pronto.! i know many others on verizon that have just had it with the slow speeds. Downtown LA dont is at kbps speeds even with full bars lte . That as of now in 2017 is UNNACEPTABLE! YES KBPS speeds not even 1 mbp. Cant load nothing at All. Cant even send picture messages they fail . Coming from Metro piece of shyyt as they call it here ,heck metro was never ever this slow metro pcs average 15-
    20 mbps slowest i ever saw was 12 mbps . Inside buildings i drop down to 1X i completly loose LTE on all bands. Yes it still works to call but again usually no data at all on 1X . Metro kept LTE deep in buildings. sometimes i think DAMM did i mess up by switching to verizon and paying more ....but i believed eveything about best network and most reliable . haha
    Could be a problem with your device. What device are you using?

    For example, I personally think the iPhone 7 is/was a bit flawed and behaved a lot like you describe. There were a LOT of issues when the iPhone 7 was first released and a huge thread on MacRumors with people complaining of signal and "no service" issues. Things improved over time with iOS and/or carrier updates, but I still don't think the iPhone 7 ever worked quite right.

    My iPhone 6S worked great while my iPhone 7 would drop to 3G all the time. So far my iPhone 8 works great and hangs onto LTE even when it's in my pocket in a building with marginal service. With my iPhone 7, I'd pull it out of my pocket and see it on 3G quite often when I was in a building with marginal service. I would either have to wait awhile for it to switch back to LTE or toggle airplane mode.

  10. #295
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    8,473
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have seen some band 5 in the Seattle area.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,155
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I have seen some band 5 in the Seattle area.
    Is it 5x5?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    194
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Could be a problem with your device. What device are you using?

    For example, I personally think the iPhone 7 is/was a bit flawed and behaved a lot like you describe. There were a LOT of issues when the iPhone 7 was first released and a huge thread on MacRumors with people complaining of signal and "no service" issues. Things improved over time with iOS and/or carrier updates, but I still don't think the iPhone 7 ever worked quite right.

    My iPhone 6S worked great while my iPhone 7 would drop to 3G all the time. So far my iPhone 8 works great and hangs onto LTE even when it's in my pocket in a building with marginal service. With my iPhone 7, I'd pull it out of my pocket and see it on 3G quite often when I was in a building with marginal service. I would either have to wait awhile for it to switch back to LTE or toggle airplane mode.
    i thought about that plenty of times it could be my device..? . But i know someone with an LG g6 from verizon ,another 2 with iphones 7plus, and my dad which is on my plan with the moto z2.. And same problem with slow data here in LA . They all have told me how data has been terrible for them. My dad went to go visit his sister 2 weeks ago in Seattle .I didnt go because i had work ,but when he came back he first thing he told me was wow verizon worked much better over there . He was all excited telling me how data was FAST . Videos loaded instantly and didnt stop to rebuffer at all ,apps loaded instantly . Something we cant do here in LA . Watching videos is impossible they keep buffering every 5 seconds. He was actually sad when he got here because he was all like dam im back here were speed is bad i wish it could be like in seattle.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,213
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon band 5 deployment

    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    first of all thats crap n you should know unless u never came to LA so thats bullshyyt i wonder how much verizon pays them so they can name em number 1 here ..because they are not the best here thats for sure . Metro/tmobile works better so does At&t i know someone who has At&t . Everywhere i gone Bell, South gate, west covina, downtwn, pico rivera,montebello, even far away places like riverside,hesperia, victorville it craps out datawise so yes i do travel around . . and of course i test my phone in all those places i gone i have too. I take it out of my pocket and thats when i see data is flaky and slow not reliable at all. Calls always work fine tho not complaining in that department. Never have i dropped a call and their always crystal clear . Problem is and has always been data since i got them 2 months ago. Eff that ima have to go back to metro piece of shhyyt i guess it always worked way better in all those places datawise. And like i said i know lots of people on verizon that wanna move to another carrier because like me they pay alot and half of the time data dont work!!
    I find it very hard to believe that four independent testing firms (Root, OpenSignal, PC MAG, & Ookla) have all consistently come to the same conclusion, with the network actually being “crap.”

    Again, if it’s really that bad everywhere you go then stop complaining about it and drop them. T-Mobile or AT&T will happily pay off your device, so there’s nothing really stopping you. I can assure you there are very few people on these forums who want to listen to you complain about the same things day in and day out.

    Also, for the love of god clean up your posts. It’s hard to have a productive dialogue with the way you’re typing.
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

    Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    194
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    Again, if it’s really that bad everywhere you go then stop complaining about it and drop them. T-Mobile or AT&T will happily pay off your device, so there’s nothing really stopping you. I can assure you there are very few people on these forums who want to listen to you complain about the same things day in and day out.

    Also, for the love of god clean up your posts. It’s hard to have a productive dialogue with the way you’re typing.
    haha what ever you understood fine how i wrote. Thats why you replied.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  15. #300
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    8,473
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon band 5 deployment

    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    i thought about that plenty of times it could be my device..? . But i know someone with an LG g6 from verizon ,another 2 with iphones 7plus, and my dad which is on my plan with the moto z2.. And same problem with slow data here in LA . They all have told me how data has been terrible for them. My dad went to go visit his sister 2 weeks ago in Seattle .I didnt go because i had work ,but when he came back he first thing he told me was wow verizon worked much better over there . He was all excited telling me how data was FAST . Videos loaded instantly and didnt stop to rebuffer at all ,apps loaded instantly . Something we cant do here in LA . Watching videos is impossible they keep buffering every 5 seconds. He was actually sad when he got here because he was all like dam im back here were speed is bad i wish it could be like in seattle.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    It depends where you are in the Seattle area. Lots of congestion and slowness in the eastern suburbs. e.g. The attached was in Bellevue.

    Downtown Seattle can also be very congested.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1507405545.015000.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  36.8 KB

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon's Band 2 PCS LTE Deployment
    By milan03 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 731
    Last Post: 11-25-2017, 03:43 AM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 07:08 PM
  3. Verizon LTE Deployment and Voice Over LTE
    By CellGeek in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 01:02 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 08:57 PM
  5. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 07:58 PM

Bookmarks