Thread: 2Degrees in New Zealand

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

2Degrees in New Zealand

Does anyone have experience buying/using New Zealand prepaid SIM cards?

I'm going to be in Auckland for several weeks in May. I'm planning on buying a 2Degrees prepaid SIM card online with the $8 talk/text pack so I have a working phone when I arrive at the airport. I'll have the SIM card shipped to a friend in NZ who will then mail the SIM card to me in the US.

Does 2Degrees activate the SIM card during purchase (which means the $8 talk/text pack starts getting used up. It's good for a month.)? Or, is the SIM card shipped unactivated and I can activate it myself when I get to the NZ airport and insert the SIM card in my phone?

Feedback Score
    Why not just buy a SIM when you arrive at the airport? You'll probably have your choice of plans with data, and there are usually all sorts of promotions. You can do that in just about any decent-sized airport in the world now. If for some crazy reason you can't do it at the airport I know there will be dozens of places in Auckland that can fix you up in minutes.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did a search and there are no 2Degrees store/kiosk at the Auckland airport. I have to make phone calls while at the airport not after I've left the airport.