Thread: panasonic link-to-cell alternative?

Feedback Score

panasonic link-to-cell alternative?

For a couple years I've used a pay-as-you-go cell phone as a landline replacement, with a Panasonic link-to-cell cordless system (model KX-TG7875S) in the house. Worked pretty well. I've just upgraded the cell phone (the old one was getting flaky), but the new one is not very compatible with the Panasonic. Are there other makers of cordless systems that link to cell, besides Panasonic?

Feedback Score
    Siemens makes some devices. I found the Panasonic very flaky and gave up on it years ago. Never bothered trying the Siemens stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    For a couple years I've used a pay-as-you-go cell phone as a landline replacement, with a Panasonic link-to-cell cordless system (model KX-TG7875S) in the house. Worked pretty well. I've just upgraded the cell phone (the old one was getting flaky), but the new one is not very compatible with the Panasonic. Are there other makers of cordless systems that link to cell, besides Panasonic?
    AT&T, V-Tech, and Xlink have similar systems. AT&T calls theirs Connnect to Cell. I have only personally used the Panasonic, but chances are that they are all using the same chipset and work about the same.

Feedback Score
    I turned off wifi, mobile data and location services on the cell phone, and that seems to fix the problem. No more dropped bluetooth links 10 seconds into the call. Don't need these for a landline replacement phone anyway. Maybe this will help someone else. YMMV