Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Sprint LTE $120 a year (plus $55 for hotspot) for low-income

Device(s)
    Google Pixel XL, OnePlus 5, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI, T-Mobile, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
    Available in my area. Ordered one will post results if I get it.
    I guess you qualified for the plan?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It would be nice if I could move the SIM into a netgear 6100d, the mifi I have with freedompop sucks and I don't think the fuse would be much better.
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    It would be nice if I could move the SIM into a netgear 6100d, the mifi I have with freedompop sucks and I don't think the fuse would be much better.
    I guess it depends if these SIMs are IMEI locked the way they are on Sprint post-paid service.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Why would you think the 6100 would be any better?

Feedback Score
    6100d has external antennas. but now that I think about it, I wonder if those antennas are for the cell reception or for the wifi (since it is also a wifi router)

Feedback Score
    Those little antennas may be a bit better than the internal but not much.

Feedback Score
    YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE SIM CARD IN A HOTSPOT..............Meaning from FUSE to 6100D....... I already tried, and its been addressed by tech support.

The ESN/SIM CARD is tied to the device...........

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE SIM CARD IN A HOTSPOT..............Meaning from FUSE to 6100D....... I already tried, and its been addressed by tech support.

You mean they won't let you change from the fuse to another device? That's pretty bad they won't let you. What if your netgear fuze craps out and you end up buying another hotspot device from ebay? I don't see a reason why they won't allow it.

Feedback Score
    The fuse has antenna ports and I have seen the little antennas for them but never where to but them. A TS0 adapter is what you use to connect a regular antenna to the fuse. Just connect one of the ports. You'd need two separate outside antennas to use both ports.

If you are handy I saw a You tube of a home made antenna for the fuse. Stubby little thing that you wouldn't think much of except it's much larger than the antenna inside the device.

Feedback Score
    BTW the price went up on this to $180 a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimindenver View Post
    $60 of which covers the modem/hotspot/device, and $120 of which covers the service. So year 2 would cost $120.

Feedback Score
    What has goe up is the price of shipping. Its still $120/y but you pay more for modem if they ship ito you.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score

Help me understand the technology. My Novatel MIFI2200 from Selectel doesn't even have a SIM card as far as I know. I think it's like a CDMA cell phone.. So the Fuse and Netgear mobile hotspots that you're describing are like GSM cell phones with s SIM card?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    the SIM CARD in a CDMA device is used only for the 4G LTE connection.

Hence why a CDMA 3G phone doesn't have a sim card.

the FUSE/ZING etc etc are CDMA hotspots. If they have 4GLTE capabilities, then they have a sim card.

Now, if you take OUT the sim card, it won't work at all because its a part of the device.

We're NOT talking about GSM devices on at&t or T-Mobile...........they REQUIRE a sim card. The FUSE is CDMA on SPRINT, ***NOT*** GSM. (its not a global device).

Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Help me understand the technology. My Novatel MIFI2200 from Selectel doesn't even have a SIM card as far as I know. I think it's like a CDMA cell phone.. So the Fuse and Netgear mobile hotspots that you're describing are like GSM cell phones with s SIM card?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    The fuse has antenna ports and I have seen the little antennas for them but never where to but them. A TS0 adapter is what you use to connect a regular antenna to the fuse. Just connect one of the ports. You'd need two separate outside antennas to use both ports.

If you are handy I saw a You tube of a home made antenna for the fuse. Stubby little thing that you wouldn't think much of except it's much larger than the antenna inside the device.
    Sprint sells Netgear's Signal Boosting Cradle for the Zing, you can find it HERE.

the SIM CARD in a CDMA device is used only for the 4G LTE connection.

Hence why a CDMA 3G phone doesn't have a sim card.

the FUSE/ZING etc etc are CDMA hotspots. If they have 4GLTE capabilities, then they have a sim card.

Now, if you take OUT the sim card, it won't work at all because its a part of the device.

We're NOT talking about GSM devices on at&t or T-Mobile...........they REQUIRE a sim card. The FUSE is CDMA on SPRINT, ***NOT*** GSM. (its not a global device).
    That's not entirely true. As evidenced by Verizon Wireless, on a modern WCDMA (i.e. LTE) network, your service is activated on, i.e. tied to, your SIM card. Sprint just IMEI LOCKS their SIM cards to the device the SIM comes with to make it much harder for you to change devices, because they're a bunch of jerks like that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast