Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Sprint LTE $120 a year (plus $55 for hotspot) for low-income

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So confirmed it's locked to the device? It appears the pepwave router supports tethering over USB and if it doesn't work they can write a driver to fix it so I'm going to make sure they send me a Fuse so I can connect it to my wired network. Failing that I can always buy Netgear's now discontinued cradle with the Ethernet port from eBay hopefully.
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    So confirmed it's locked to the device? It appears the pepwave router supports tethering over USB and if it doesn't work they can write a driver to fix it so I'm going to make sure they send me a Fuse so I can connect it to my wired network. Failing that I can always buy Netgear's now discontinued cradle with the Ethernet port from eBay hopefully.
    Interesting friend of mine wanted to hook up AC router and i told him i have no clue as this does not have a ethernet port output

any recommendation for him he want to connect this hotspot to a AC router so he can hard wired ethernet connection to media box

thanks

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    There's always wifi as WAN if the router uses it. Setting up DMZ should make sure the IP going to the router has a clear path inbound if you're running cameras or stuff that needs ports NATted in

Feedback Score
    I was thinking about getting this device to put the WiFi to Ethernet and then connect the Ethernet to an actual wireless router for a house: http://m.staples.com/NETGEAR-Univers...product_369203

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Got the email back from them, no SIM moving allowed and they only have those [email protected] Franklin hotspots from now on.

Feedback Score
    what is wrong with the franklin R850?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    what is wrong with the franklin R850?
    it's an older device that doesn't support LTE +

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My gripes with it are:

- No antenna ports

- No USB tether support, so forget using it with a Pepwave or Cradlepoint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olrs View Post
    I was thinking about getting this device to put the WiFi to Ethernet and then connect the Ethernet to an actual wireless router for a house: http://m.staples.com/NETGEAR-Univers...product_369203
    You can find much cheaper APs/routers which can be flashed to DD-WRT/OpenWRT. The new firmware will allow them to be setup as a WiFi client (aka "WiFi to Ethernet Adapter"). TP-Link routers were very popular. Some like the TL-WR740N go for just $20.

Quote Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
    friend of mine wanted to hook up AC router and i told him i have no clue as this does not have a ethernet port output any recommendation for him he want to connect this hotspot to a AC router so he can hard wired ethernet connection to media box
    First, see above advice. Once your WRT router is working as a client, you can then create a second sub-interface/SSID. That'll make the $20 device into an entirely-wireless router/WiFi repeater, and continue to work as a "WiFi- to Ethernet Adapter".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcxb View Post
    You can find much cheaper APs/routers which can be flashed to DD-WRT/OpenWRT. The new firmware will allow them to be setup as a WiFi client (aka "WiFi to Ethernet Adapter"). TP-Link routers were very popular. Some like the TL-WR740N go for just $20.

First, see above advice. Once your WRT router is working as a client, you can then create a second sub-interface/SSID. That'll make the $20 device into an entirely-wireless router/WiFi repeater, and continue to work as a "WiFi- to Ethernet Adapter".
    What a great idea!

Thank you.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, Nexus 5X , Moto E 2015
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, FreedomPop, MintSIM, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcxb View Post

Got this deal. My main internet went down last week and used this for about 12Gb. They did not throttle me so far. They sent me a R850 and I used a DD-WRT router to act as a Client Bridge to connect to my main router. What I don't like about this is there is no 3G, only LTE. We had some LTE speed issues at the same time with all my Sprint-based devices and I could not switch to 3G.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I got this deal last week and unfortunately, I get no service. They are going to send me another R850, saying the unit they sent me was bad. I hope the new one works better but I'm not real hopeful. I'm in a fringe area between good/fair.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Core Prime, TF700 w/custom rom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
    it's an older device that doesn't support LTE +
    I read that this device does support LTE+. It does lack proper antenna ports and USB tethering support. It also does not support DMZ as far as I can tell.

I've had this device for a few weeks now on this plan. It seems to need to be restarted every week or so. I have it connected to a Cradlepoint MBR95 in WiFi as wan mode. It works OK, I think the Cradlepoint may not be as robust as my previous router. I was getting about 4Mb/s down to begin with. I made a parabolic reflector and placed the R850 at the focal point and pointed it at the LTE tower. After some fine tuning I'm getting 10-13Mb/s. A nice improvement for a couple dollars of materials and an hour of arts & crafts time.
    With a little help I'll eventually be a novice.

Feedback Score
    Where can u get this plan at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hechtagon View Post
    I read that this device does support LTE+. It does lack proper antenna ports and USB tethering support. It also does not support DMZ as far as I can tell.

I've had this device for a few weeks now on this plan. It seems to need to be restarted every week or so. I have it connected to a Cradlepoint MBR95 in WiFi as wan mode. It works OK, I think the Cradlepoint may not be as robust as my previous router. I was getting about 4Mb/s down to begin with. I made a parabolic reflector and placed the R850 at the focal point and pointed it at the LTE tower. After some fine tuning I'm getting 10-13Mb/s. A nice improvement for a couple dollars of materials and an hour of arts & crafts time.
    the r850 is a cat 4 device that does not support LTE+ (aka Carrier aggregation)

http://www.pcmag.com/review/348183/r850-mobile-hotspot

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast