Thread: Kyocera DuraXE some questions

Feedback Score

Kyocera DuraXE some questions

Hello all,

I know in this day and age smartphones are all the rage. I had an S3 for quite a long time, had a moto e, and honestly, just wanted a small phone, that was rugged and could take a beating. I got the rugby 4, which was pretty good, but it lacked the ruggedness I wanted. I'm always out cutting grass, doing yard work, and I wanted something that could take a big beating, and the new kyocera can, it's like a brick lol, so I traded the rugby 4 for the kyocera. So far it's a great little phone, but it does lack some things the rugby had. My 2 main questions are:

1. The browser works fine, but if you open up an image, let's say, on google images, it does NOT give you an option to save the image, you can save the page for offline viewing, or bookmark it, etc, but there is no download option? Anyone know how to do it?

2. I believe the DuraXE flip phone runs a very stripped down version of android, and it has a section for "my apps". I realise you can't use the google play store to get apps, but if it does have an apps folder, what kind of apps can I download? Java based apps? Are there certain ones for the duraxe software? Just curious.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Congratulations on the new Kyocera
    Surprised to hear you think the Kyocera is more rugged than the Rugby.
    My Kyocera dura XV is just over a year old and has been trouble free but to me the Rugby and the Dura seem very similar other than waterproof when it comes to ruggedness. Don't pay for Internet on my Kyocera have iPad for that. Did you know that worldwide there are 3 billion basic phones and 2.6 billion smartphones ? I wonder if Apple will ever wake up and start making basic phones ?

Feedback Score
    Awesome cell nice choice I really like it will probably be my next purchase

Feedback Score
    Recently made a trip to Alaska and paid $15 for verizon Canada coverage, my Kyocera didn't work at all in Yukon Territory , I called verizon complaining about it and they said verizon has no coverage in the Yukon and agreed to refund my entire $15 but leave Canada turned on until the end of my month. It worked in most of the town in British Columbia . A friend on the trip had T-Mobile and his phone worked fine in Yukon Territory and British Columbia , he only had to pay $10 extra and got unlimited talk , I only got 100 minutes.