Thread: Any Airvoice customer gotten a GoPhone unlocked?

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score

Any Airvoice customer gotten a GoPhone unlocked?

Edit - found answer to own question.
    Last edited by tzais01; 03-03-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    TZ

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone gotten an AT&T Gophone unlocked? AT&T keeps rejecting the requests. Airvoice CS didn't want to help at all.

Feedback Score
    You have to do the free unlock request on AT&T website before you ever turn the phone on. I wonder if you can buy an unlock code for GoPhone on eBay. People do that for Verizon Prepaid phonez.

Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    Has anyone gotten an AT&T Gophone unlocked? AT&T keeps rejecting the requests. Airvoice CS didn't want to help at all.

Feedback Score
    yep, three of them so far.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    yep, three of them so far.
    OK, what is the trick? It's a Gophone, and you're active on Airvoice. How are you getting it unlocked? How long have you had the phones?

Feedback Score
    OK, what is the trick? It's a Gophone, and you're active on Airvoice. How are you getting it unlocked? How long have you had the phones?
    None are on Airvoice. One was sold about a year ago. One my sister is using on CricKet and the third my wife is using on PureTalk. The fact you are planning on using it unlocked on Airvoice is irrelevant, they are an MVNO of AT&T. The GoPhone will work locked or unlocked.

I unlocked it be following the method that has been posted on this forum numerous times. Supply the imei to AT&T on their online form, wait approximately 48 hours for the code, insert a non AT&T SIM, turn the on the device and input the provided code when asked.

There was also a fourth. A ZTE Z222 we used on Airvoice and PureTalk.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Gophone doesn't need to be unlocked to work on airvoice or h2O.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Gophone doesn't need to be unlocked to work on airvoice or h2O.
    I realize that. I just like to unlock my phones because a) they are more valuable for resale and b) I can slip a foreign sim card in when traveling in Europe.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm just trying to figure out why AT&T won't unlock the phones for me. They say it's against their unlock policy. The phones were bought brand new from Walmart, and I activated them on Airvoice. AT&T unlock requests are denied because they say the phones are active on another customer's account. The only thing I can assume is that is because AT&T is saying their belong to Airvoice, not me, since it's an MVNO. Others have been successful only in unlocking them PRIOR to activating them on Airvoice. So my current AV service must be the hiccup.

Feedback Score
    I'm just trying to figure out why AT&T won't unlock the phones for me. They say it's against their unlock policy. The phones were bought brand new from Walmart, and I activated them on Airvoice. AT&T unlock requests are denied because they say the phones are active on another customer's account.
    You did things backwards. Now you'll need to 'purchase' and unlock code. Ebay is one such place to get them.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    You did things backwards. Now you'll need to 'purchase' and unlock code. Ebay is one such place to get them.
    I tried to buy one on Ebay, and they have the same conditions that AT&T has, so no unlock code.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone recommend a non-eBay reputable seller of unlock codes? A place online that doesn't require a membership.

I have a Tracfone LG 442bg that runs an AT&T sim, 2 A206g Tracfones that run an AT&T sim, a Simple Mobile zFive 2 that has a T-Mo sim, an Alcatel Ideal GoPhone, & a zte z222 GoPhone that could be unlocked. Currently the z222 is on H20.

I'd like the others unlocked to try other services besides the ones they're branded to. The zFive 2 i'd try on Tracfone but since Simple Mobile is owned by Tracfone, though it uses T-Mo maybe they wouldn't allow the zFive on their byop plans.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, I finally got two Gophones unlocked by AT&T. One worked through the AT&T unlock site, but the other one they kept denying. I had to call AT&T and had them create a case to check into it. The next day I received an email with the unlock code. If you're trying to unlock a GoPhone, be persistent!