Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Extended coverage. Coquihalla HWY

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible that Telus will not allow them to roam on this tower? Obviously with the amount of people that use this recreational area and hwy some people would be forced to stay with or change to Telus or one of the other brands.
    It's pretty sad when my friends with Wind are able to use their phones and I can't they of course are roaming on Telus also

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    It could be on Telus's end too perhaps, the reason I could think of is that they don't have enough backhaul to support Rogers customers as well on that tower. Bell excluded Rogers EXT customers on a single tower in deep eastern ON cottage country as well, and I presume that was the reason there. However, in other instances I've heard Bell and Telus will just throttle EXT if they have lots of users so I don't know why that wouldn't be the choice.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Got service in this area today. Anyone else ? I didn't have it last week even

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hawkesbury ON and even worse when crossing border into Quebec (eg Arundel) get no Rogers service whatsoever
    Bell / Telus work fine

I was surprised when it gave me the congrats you are roaming message (and as an obvious aside, the txt says no extra charges but you do need to enable roaming on your phone to use EXT coverage)
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Feedback Score
    I got ext coverage with Fido along the way. Maybe your guys data roaming is off. Also some areas Telus not have towers eaither.Name:  IMG_0818.PNG
Views: 56
Size:  432.7 KB as you can see their are areas with no coverage. Don't think your not allowed to use Telus towers, it's just some places done for have them so ext won't work eaither.

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    I got ext coverage with Fido along the way. Maybe your guys data roaming is off. Also some areas Telus not have towers eaither.Name:  IMG_0818.PNG
Views: 56
Size:  432.7 KB as you can see their are areas with no coverage. Don't think your not allowed to use Telus towers, it's just some places done for have them so ext won't work eaither.
    Have a look at the previous post dates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2