Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plantronics 5200

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    Pluka, thanks for the feedback on the Reveal. I ordered one and a Whisper to test out. Honestly I want something the size, and really shape of my M165 but with the performance of the Legend.

I was poking around amazon and stumbled upon the Jabra Stealth. I've had mediocre results from previous Jabras. But It was on sale for $61 and there were several reviews from Legend owners that were very favorable, so I figured what the heck. I'm very, very pleasantly surprised at its performance. Its extremely loud on both ends actually. The size is perfect, and the noise cancellation is excellent as well.
    Yakky, I've tried the Stealth and used it for casual calls until I lost it. It's very comfortable and as you said very loud. I don't think its noise cancellation is as good as the 5200, but it's very decent.

Feedback Score
    I got my 5200 the other day. Here is a comparison I made vs the edge in a couple of settings.

youtu.be/uiApJ_cZthg

(edit...when I listened to this again this morning it sounds like maybe the recording app recorded from the speakerphone instead of the voyager 5200 in the car test. i'll have to run that again and update the video if needed).
    Last edited by jwaller212; 05-03-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Feedback Score
    In general I find the sound quality to be better, it eliminates the echo in my office, but the noise cancelation can be a little aggressive so I have to be careful not to lower the volume of my voice while talking. You can obviously tell I'm driving in a car in one of the tests though, although it sounds significantly better than the edge in that scenario.

Feedback Score
    I'm torn between the Voyager Legend for $60 and the Voyager 5200 for $120. Is the 5200 worth it? Or the the Legend the better buy?

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul on SERO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiElement View Post
    I'm torn between the Voyager Legend for $60 and the Voyager 5200 for $120. Is the 5200 worth it? Or the the Legend the better buy?
    I would say it depends on what you want it for. There are better headsets for extreme noise and there are better sounding headsets in general but the Plantronics headsets deliver great all around performance. If you need marginally better noise performance get the 5200. I bought another Legend because these headsets last a year or two at best. Next year the 5200 should be much cheaper.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Fry's has the Legend for $49 right now so I think I'll do that and wait for the price on the 5200 to go down.

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    There are better headsets for extreme noise and there are better sounding headsets in general
    Which one?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiElement View Post
    I would say the big difference between the two is the 5200 is much better in windy conditions. Otherwise, as Yakky stated, the noise reduction improvement on the 5200 is relatively small. Using the 5200 now for several weeks with a Galaxy Note 5, I am noticing a small improvement in range.

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul on SERO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotts View Post
    Which one?
    For me the best in extreme noise are the VXI 250 and Voxstar. Neither isolates all noise but voices remain natural and understandable. In extreme noise the Legend gets pretty rough. Loud noises leave weird artifacts. A truck might sound like a space ship for instance.

Best overall sound maybe goes to the Whisper but it is not without its faults. I also really like the jabra stealth in lower noise areas.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    After having the 510, Voyager, and Legend, I just bought the 5200 today because my Legend wouldn't hold its BT connection.

Two issues I'm seeing right away that I hope aren't from a defective unit. Sometimes pressing the talk button doesn't hang up the call, and a double tap on the talk buttons says it's redialing the last number, but it doesn't do it.

Maybe the two are related, but is anyone else having these problems or know of a fix?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    For me the best in extreme noise are the VXI 250 and Voxstar.
    They both aren't meant to be worn outside, you'll look like a space ship commander if you wear them outside. As for the Whisper, I didn't find it any better in terms of noise canceling then the Legend. The Legend by far the most comfortable and functional headset for me, the only thing I don't like in it is that it isn't loud enough for me.

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul on SERO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotts View Post
    They both aren't meant to be worn outside, you'll look like a space ship commander if you wear them outside. As for the Whisper, I didn't find it any better in terms of noise canceling then the Legend. The Legend by far the most comfortable and functional headset for me, the only thing I don't like in it is that it isn't loud enough for me.
    No argument there. There is no VXI headset that doesn't look terrible. They preform though. I completely agree that the legend is a great all arounder. However there are people that consider it goofy looking too.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    After having the 510, Voyager, and Legend, I just bought the 5200 today because my Legend wouldn't hold its BT connection.

Two issues I'm seeing right away that I hope aren't from a defective unit. Sometimes pressing the talk button doesn't hang up the call, and a double tap on the talk buttons says it's redialing the last number, but it doesn't do it.

Maybe the two are related, but is anyone else having these problems or know of a fix?

Could someone please try the double tap redial and let me know if it works for you? I've opened a ticket with Plantronics, but the "tech" working it knows less about this headset than I do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    Could someone please try the double tap redial and let me know if it works for you? I've opened a ticket with Plantronics, but the "tech" working it knows less about this headset than I do.

It works for me on my Note 5. You could have a defective headset or perhaps it's the implementation with the Nexus 6.

Paul

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pluka View Post
    It works for me on my Note 5. You could have a defective headset or perhaps it's the implementation with the Nexus 6.

Paul
    Thank you kind sir! My brother has a Note 5, so I'll try it on his phone to know for sure if it's bad or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast