Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Plantronics 5200

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    Thank you kind sir! My brother has a Note 5, so I'll try it on his phone to know for sure if it's bad or not.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    The good news is that it worked with the Note 5, but the bad news is that now even my Legend doesn't redial with a double tap. Time to back up and reset my phone and start from scratch.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    The good news is that it worked with the Note 5, but the bad news is that now even my Legend doesn't redial with a double tap. Time to back up and reset my phone and start from scratch.

In case anyone is following this, I've found that double tap redial works on my Nexus 6 only if I start the original call from my phone. If I start it by voice dialing with Google Now, the redial doesn't work.

Feedback Score
    In case anyone is following this, I've found that double tap redial works on my Nexus 6 only if I start the original call from my phone. If I start it by voice dialing with Google Now, the redial doesn't work.

Anyone ever come up with a fix for this? I'm having a similar issue.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, fido
    Feedback Score
    @yakki
    Thanks for the review and photos. I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD and the battery is starting to show its age. Great headset!
    Is there a difference in the height/length of the ear hook portion? I tried a Legend and found it a bit shorter than the Pro. It tended to squish the top of my ear. In your photo it look a bit higher but that could be the angle of the shot.

Device(s)
    Motorola VM950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I used to have a legend, fit well, but users on other end said they couldn't hear me very well. I would like to try the 5200, buy seems a little pricey, at the moment. Any other over the ear style, would anyone recommend? Inside ear canal type, eventually make my ear hurt. I have a Jawbone Era, that works well, but after awhile, I take it out, ear starts hurting.

Device(s)
    Motorola VM950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I used to have a legend, fit well, but users on other end said they couldn't hear me very well. I would like to try the 5200, buy seems a little pricey, at the moment. Any other over the ear style, would anyone recommend? Inside ear canal type, eventually make my ear hurt. I have a Jawbone Era, that works well, but after awhile, I take it out, ear starts hurting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coadman View Post
    Coadman,

My other recommendations for quality equal or above the Legend are the Vxi Reveal and the Motorola Whisper (both are much better than the Jawbone for in/out audio). You can get the Whisper for about $70 on Amazon, but both are in ear and the Whisper is uncomfortable for some people. The 5200 is dropping in price at times - I've seen it below $100 - which is pretty reasonable for a relatively new product of its class.

Feedback Score

Anyone using Plantronics Voyager 5200 with iPhone 7 Plus?

[
    I'd like to hear from anyone who is using the Plantronics Voyager 5200 with an iPhone 7 Plus.
    So far all caller name announcements have been so garbled that I can't even guess who the
    caller is. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the iPhone 7 Plus or with the 5200.

Feedback Score
    This is an old thread. For those who have both... does the new hotness handle random noises better than the other?
    I've had 2 Legends and they are fantastic. I remember being bothered by urban bus and jackhammer noise while my client asked if I was in the office looking for me. With that kind of noise control, I won't buy a $20 unit again. My second one just went missing, so I need to make a Legend 5200 decision. I have young kids, so if there is some microphone magic that stops random non-rhythmic noises from attacking me while I'm hosting a meeting, I'll pay for it! Does the 5200 possess this magic?

Feedback Score

Yakky, here are a few questions about the Jabra Steath.

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    Pluka, thanks for the feedback on the Reveal. I ordered one and a Whisper to test out. Honestly I want something the size, and really shape of my M165 but with the performance of the Legend.

I was poking around amazon and stumbled upon the Jabra Stealth. I've had mediocre results from previous Jabras. But It was on sale for $61 and there were several reviews from Legend owners that were very favorable, so I figured what the heck. I'm very, very pleasantly surprised at its performance. Its extremely loud on both ends actually. The size is perfect, and the noise cancellation is excellent as well.
    Yakky,

I did a quick read through about the Jabra Stealth on the Jabra website.
    I don't see any volume controls. Is there no way to adjust the volume?
    As you know, the Plantronics 5200 has up and down volume buttons on the top
    Is there a mobile app as there is for the Plantronics 5200?
    Does the Jabra Stealth announce the NAME of the caller?
    What does it do if there is caller ID info but the number isn't in your phone list?

Feedback Score
    No current noise suppression can really handle transient noise well, just not enough processing power. I think the Voyager does as well as the Legend, although those with a physical boon such as the Moto Whisper or VXI Reveal as very slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by jfranci3 View Post
    This is an old thread. For those who have both... does the new hotness handle random noises better than the other?
    I've had 2 Legends and they are fantastic. I remember being bothered by urban bus and jackhammer noise while my client asked if I was in the office looking for me. With that kind of noise control, I won't buy a $20 unit again. My second one just went missing, so I need to make a Legend 5200 decision. I have young kids, so if there is some microphone magic that stops random non-rhythmic noises from attacking me while I'm hosting a meeting, I'll pay for it! Does the 5200 possess this magic?

Feedback Score
    I use the voyager and its the only headset i like. People can hear me clearly and i dont look like Britney Spears, witch is what you will look like with the b450. Lol.

Im sure either one will work great just dont like the bulky ness of the full on headsets. Nothing like looking like a air traffic control personal while driving your big rig there billy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3