Thread: I'm willing to switch from Rogers, but to go where?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

I'm willing to switch from Rogers, but to go where?

I've been with Rogers 12 years, currently on a plan with unlimited-Canada wide calling and 3GB of data. Until recently, it was $61/mo+tax but a $20 discount has expired and it is now $81/mo. I called them, asked them to reinstate the discount and they said no but offered to change me to a $95 plan. Got bumped to retentions and their best offer was 2GB of data for $75. Essentially no offers better than any advertised plan.

I'm willing to switch, but I can't find anything cheaper. I'm moving to Ottawa soon, so Wind might be an option, but I'd rather not as I travel a fair bit outside their coverage areas. Am I stuck?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    There are some rumblings on the Wind forums of them changing their plans to include Canada wide roaming, so you wont have to pay extra when you're outside of a Wind zone. Only downside is the Wind network itself is pretty inconsistent in terms of data speed, in really congested areas my friends who are on it find it unusable.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I tried Wind in Ottawa in Jan 2013 but found coverage then was too inconsistent. I might try again when I move.