Thread: Buying an SH-02H off Yahoo Auctions and then what

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, SB 821SH
    Feedback Score

Buying an SH-02H off Yahoo Auctions and then what

Currently looking at Yahoo Auctions, lots of Sharp SH-02H and SH-01H for sale for a good price.

My question is, once the phone is bought (locally in Japan), since its got no contract, how to get it unlocked at a Docomo store? If anyone's got experience with this, let me know thanks.

As for the use, it'll be used outside of Japan (Europe).

Thanks!!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by in2sky View Post
    Currently looking at Yahoo Auctions, lots of Sharp SH-02H and SH-01H for sale for a good price.

My question is, once the phone is bought (locally in Japan), since its got no contract, how to get it unlocked at a Docomo store? If anyone's got experience with this, let me know thanks.

As for the use, it'll be used outside of Japan (Europe).

Thanks!!
    The problem with the new unlocking policy is that, instead of making unlocking easier, as we were all hoping, it has now become harder. And made room for some really steep unlocking fees on Yahoo Auctions, e.g. 7000-9000 Yen.
    You can't unlock the phone at a Docomo store. In fact, with the SH-01H, no one can - because the new rule is, 180 days must pass since singing the contract, to be able to unlock it officially. Read more about this on my website.

My advice is, find an unlock service on Yahoo - it will probably require shipping the phone to them.

Best case scenario is 1. 180 days have passed, and 2. the seller is the original owner and they can unlock it for you for free from their Docomo/SoftBank/AU account.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, SB 821SH
    Feedback Score
    Cheesus, Thanks for the information.

Interesting. I wonder how Kyoex does, do you know? Still, their phones are very expensive compared to Yahoo Auctions.

In this case, the SH-02H is 795$ at Kyoex and about ¥31,000 on Yahoo auctions.

Apparently the Yahoo Auctions listing mentioned something along the lines of :
    "currently it does not have any restrictions. (It cannot be guaranteed with regard to the future of the use restrictions.)"

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by in2sky View Post
    Cheesus, Thanks for the information.

Interesting. I wonder how Kyoex does, do you know? Still, their phones are very expensive compared to Yahoo Auctions.

In this case, the SH-02H is 795$ at Kyoex and about ¥31,000 on Yahoo auctions.

Apparently the Yahoo Auctions listing mentioned something along the lines of :
    "currently it does not have any restrictions. (It cannot be guaranteed with regard to the future of the use restrictions.)"
    Kyoex will offer you an unlocked phone. But prices there are quite steep and, as you can see, at least double those on YA.
    I suppose you could ask if they will unlock a phone you didn't buy from them. Asking is free

Re: restrictions. You need to check the phone's IMEI against the operator's website for network restrictions. The sites for all three operators are listed in a thread here. The circle means it's OK (no unpaid instalments), the triangle means the phone is not fully paid (to the operator by the original owner), which could potentially lead to a cross (if the original owner doesn't pay all remaining instalments or lists the phone as stolen). The cross status is a no go - the phone will be locked out of all networks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, SB 821SH
    Feedback Score
    Thanks alot.

I just checked and the phone has a triangle, no a bit sketchy I'm afraid

As for Kyoex, I wouldn't ask them to unlock a phone I bought somewhere else, I'd just buy it there.

On the other hand, there's J-Phone dot ru that's got the same phone for about 600$, so a bit cheaper.
    Could not check IMEI's though...

Device(s)
    SH-01F, F-01F, SO-04E, SO-02F, F-02F, F-02D
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I don't think I can beat j-phoner's price. I have to do some special handshake, take the DoCoMo shop manager to nice Yakiniku restaurant dealings + pay a huge extra fee to get the unlock for the SH-02H and SH-01H. I think J-phoner might be unlocking it himself, which saves a huge amount of money. Also the price on Yahoo Auc, has jumped to about 45000-50000 JPY for the phone now, and the current USD/JPY rate is crappy, so if you can get it for 600ish, its a really good price. Its a great phone too, and all the newer than 5.0 released DoCoMo phone's can now update outside of Japan with just WiFi ^_^
    Pew Pew Keitai Lazer~~~~