Thread: seeker20

Feedback Score

seeker20

I have a grandfathered unlimited data sim in my mifi4620le which is a micro sim and I want to transfer it to a nano sim for my mifi 6620l and VZW refuses to issue me a nano sim, What do I need to do? I don't want to loose my UDP?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Get a SIM cutter and cut it. Watch some youtube videos and hope it doesnt get destroyed. Or purchase another UDP line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker20 View Post
    I have a grandfathered unlimited data sim in my mifi4620le which is a micro sim and I want to transfer it to a nano sim for my mifi 6620l and VZW refuses to issue me a nano sim, What do I need to do? I don't want to loose my UDP?
    Thanks
    You can't activate a SIM card in a MiFi unless it is a data only plan. If you are on a Nationwide Family Share or Single Line plan, the system simply will not let you activate a SIM card in a data only device. You have to put a phone on the line and activate the SIM card in the phone.

So I would cut down your micro SIM card - you can order SIM cutters off of Amazon or ebay - and put the cut down SIM into the MiFi 6620L.

Then if you want a nano SIM, put the cut down SIM card in a phone that uses a nano SIM and call Verizon and tell them you are having SIM card errors and need a new nano SIM. They will mail you out one for free. Then put the cut down SIM back in the MiFi 6620L and when the new nano SIM card arrives, activate it online in the phone. Then put it into the MiFi.

Don't ever use the automated telephone system to activate a SIM card on a UDP line - it will kick you off of UDP You need to log on manually and activate SIM cards yourself online.
    Last edited by nostaldia; 05-10-2016 at 12:13 AM.