Thread: Airvoice Cancellation and Porting Number to New Carrier?

Feedback Score

Airvoice Cancellation and Porting Number to New Carrier?

We have 2 phones where they are both flip phones... thus not smartphone. One of the phone is on the airvoice $10 250 minute monthly plan. Plan is good. The other phone is on the tmobile pay as you go plan where we buy like $20 or $50 worth of credit where its 10 minutes each. We also have voipo for landline thats unlimited calls with home phone but we will be cancelling this.

Thus we want to the cell phone unlimited monthly plan. Can someone tell me what cell phone carrier offers this at low price? Basically only for phone calls as its not a smartphone and thus internet not needed. I believe there are carriers that charge like $20 a month for it? If so, what are the names of these carriers?

The other thing is we want to keep these numbers. So make sure we port the number to the new carrier before we cancel the service right? Any carrier would allow this right? I contacted airvoice and they said well if you want to cancel airvoice... we can cancel the autopay service now. That way you won't get billed for next month. I said but if i do that, no issue with porting right? They said no. They said doing this will make sure your plan is cancelled.

So assuming the last date of airvoice service is to May 21st, that means... we have to port the phone number at least a few days before right?

So basically the moment the number gets ported to the number, any minutes available in the airvoice plan is no longer there right? Thus just go and port the number to the new carrier and make sure its before the date Airvoice plan expires and make sure you have at least 20 cents there just to make sure?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Airvoice Cancellation and Porting Number to New Carrier?

Airvoice has unlimited talk and text for $20. Why not just switch plans?

https://www.airvoicewireless.com/PlansA.aspx

But I would suggest buying a cheap android Gophone at Walmart or Target or the Windows lumia phone for $29 and use email, maps, music, app etc. they will work on cricket or h20 or airvoice.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-gop...O2FvyJB.7TK_8A
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Easiest thing, as mentioned, is to switch to Airvoice's $20 unlimited talk/text plan.

However, if you switch plans, you still need to "cancel" your autopay with Airvoice for whatever plan you were using --and setup autopay for the new plan, if you want autopay -- otherwise you will continue to be automatically charged for the old plan after you switch.

Feedback Score
    HI there. Well airvoice doesn't have the international phone calling plan. Thus the other plan does and thats why we would switch to that plan.

Here is another thing. We had VOIPO for close to 2 years as landline. I saw our contract was going to expire very soon and figure we won't renew since we don't want landline anymore. I called voipo on this and said if i cancel now, we still get to use our voipo till end of service date right? I was told yes we do. When we cancelled it online through the form on voipo... our voipo landline stopped working. First off, that got me upset since i was told we still have service till the last date. If thats the case... i would have waited till the end to cancel it. And what if someone decide to not renew in advance say months in advance. So basically cancelling it meant they lose months thats left in their plan that they already paid for in advance?

Because of this, can someone here confirm 100 percent airvoice will not cancel the phone number line if we cancel autopay? I do not want a case where i tell the airvoice rep yes cancel the autopay so we won't get billed for next period. But then i dont want a case where we can no longer port the number because our airvoice suddenly got cancelled. So i assume call them to make sure of this... then once you do... then go to new carrier and port it in advance in case? Because i do not want airvoice plan to suddenly not work. How many days before the date airvoice tells me the airvoice plan expires should we go and port the number and change carrier to be safe? Can easygo for example port on the same day and switch carrier on same day? Or it would take few days?

We dont need new phone. We already have cell phone thats needed.

Feedback Score
    My suggestions come with the caveat OP writing style is not succinct. So I'm not sure I understand all the machinations.

Do not cancel AV #!

Give yourself some cushion to port from AV to whomever. I suggest 3-7 (at least 3 business days) days before new billing cycle at AV. Call new carrier & obtain exactly what information they need to port your number. Remember to have a compatible SIM card for new carrier on hand. After port is complete & tested (incoming & outgoing calls). Then that line disappears from AV & AV won't bill the line that isn't theirs anymore.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Well heres the thing. At the moment, my Airvoice is on auto pay like always. I was told its the 21st i believe that is the billing date. I was told on the phone that i could cancel autopay right now. But if i do this, i asked is there any chance my airvoice get cancelled and thus no more number. I was told no.

So you are suggesting just get the new carrier very soon in case right? Yes we will do it at least 3 business days before. But at the moment, few days before Air voice billing date... go to cell phone place and have them port the number? But that would take how long generally? A day or so ? Then they go back there to sign up for it? At moment, its most likely ultramobile or easygo and possibly lycamobile but most likely its ultramobile. So dont cancel the autopay yet right? Because worst case scenario, we pay extra month of airvoice but we still keep the number?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    When your port is completed you are signed up to new carrier & canceled with old carrier.

Do NOT cancel with old carrier.

Feedback Score
    Okay. But when i called Airvoice, they told me if i wanted to cancel the autopay. So you would not suggest this either right? They actually told me this is better but i guess for this... don't do it? They said well you not cancelling the service... u just cancel autopay. Also they said the airvoice service is good till the 21st i believe. So just to make sure... that means there still will be service on it until we change to new carrier? And heres another thing that sort of complicates this. My credit card on file with airvoice and voipo actually expired at the end of last month.

I received an email that said my credit card was rejected for voipo. But that is no issue since i was going to cancel it anyway. But since the airvoice i was told goes till the 21st... that means im still good right with them? Because for example if we were to keep airvoice... the service would be cut the next date its billed. I had not activated my new credit card yet. Will be doing it soon but don't want to yet in case something happens. Does that make sense? So wondering if any of this might cause an issue. But we will definitely change to another carrier most likely ultra mobile very soon.

Feedback Score
    Just port.

Don't cancel.

Ported out line no longer belongs to AV. And autopay to what, to nothing, that line is gone to AV. Any prepaid line is invisible to carriers once port is completed.

If this is as clear as mud still. Then ask me short one line spaced questions where the answer can only be YES, NO or I DON'T KNOW. Like this:

1. _________________?

2. _________________?

3. _________________?

etc.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Easygo powered by H2O has a $20 unlimited talk and text. Unlimited talk to 11 countries and unlimited text(not sure if only 11 countries or all of them). They also give 100MB of LTE data. Dumb phones work on this plan but can't use the data (WAP I guess can).

Feedback Score
    I'm going to let EasyGo shake out for 6 months or so. Then read others experiences.

Feedback Score
    Make sure that your calling is between 2500-3500 minutes.

Otherwise your line will be put on hold and you will have to call in, with a different phone very likely, and request that your line be reopened.

That is what their unlimited talk and text is.

I spoke to a cricket rep, and they told me that I can use even 10,000 minutes, still, we should always be weary. Did they see a ln exact number or did they just see that it says unlimited and went with that?

I still like the smaller feel of Air voice, the fact that they gave me an exact range makes me feel that there is something more human here.

Also, they did not seem hesitant in just opening my line again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    Make sure that your calling is between 2500-3500 minutes.

Otherwise your line will be put on hold and you will have to call in, with a different phone very likely, and request that your line be reopened.

That is what their unlimited talk and text is.

I spoke to a cricket rep, and they told me that I can use even 10,000 minutes, still, we should always be weary. Did they see a ln exact number or did they just see that it says unlimited and went with that?

I still like the smaller feel of Air voice, the fact that they gave me an exact range makes me feel that there is something more human here.

Also, they did not seem hesitant in just opening my line again.

Air Voice has always had a 5000 minute/10000 text limit on their "virtually unlimited" talk/text portions of the plan. The term "unlimited" can vary from mvno to prepaid carrier. Generally you will see as low as 2500 minutes (Good 2 Go's old plan) to as much as 15,000 (Red Pocket Att gsm) . Most will be in the middle. Prepaid divisions like Verizon/Att/Tmobile prepaid, Metro/Boost/Cricket tend to be truly unlimited for talk/text because they can pad it with less then premium airtime like evening, weekends and mobile to mobile minutes which all reduce costs , while mvnos have to pay the same amount for any minute no matter if mobile to mobile, weekends or nights. Tracfone's Straight talk and Net10 once had their limits posted under their Terms/conditions as 43,200 and 50,000 respectively which make them effectively truly unlimited for a 30 day stretch. NO mvno can give truly unlimited. Air Voice actually admirably tried to be straight up and offered their 5000 minute/10000 text plans as such but honestly above say 1200/1500 minutes, it's unlimited or nothing. Nobody wants to buy anything else. And Red Pocket still has a 3000 minute plan on one of their plans but nothing sells like "unlimited" whether completely true or not...I like Air Voice regardless and use them but their higher end plans could certainly use a revamp. With Net10, H20 and even Gophone getting helping heapings of data on their higher end Att based plans, it's high time Air Voice got some more data on their higher end stuff, Good 2 Go and other Att mvnos should too...taking too long. That's how the mvnos had their competitive edge eroded, the prepaid divisions caught up and the gap isn't what it used to be.. I mean Att mvnos offer $60 for 2-3 gigs and Gophone is offering 8 gigs at that price, just no comparison. Verizon letting its lower end plans go means it's focusing on the higher end data offerings on Verizon prepaid and letting mvnos fight for the low end low data and talk/text scraps. Nice to have the mvnos by where it hurts and squeeze them and they can't do anything about it for the big four... I miss the era when Cricket, Metro and Page Plus were all independents and not owned by the Big Four and Tracfone. We need that again but I don't see it happening... that's why companies like Air Voice (been around since 1999, one of the three oldest mvnos in the USA) are more important then ever....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Air Voice has always had a 5000 minute/10000 text limit on their "virtually unlimited" talk/text portions of the plan. The term "unlimited" can vary from mvno to prepaid carrier. Generally you will see as low as 2500 minutes (Good 2 Go's old plan) to as much as 15,000 (Red Pocket Att gsm) . Most will be in the middle. Prepaid divisions like Verizon/Att/Tmobile prepaid, Metro/Boost/Cricket tend to be truly unlimited for talk/text because they can pad it with less then premium airtime like evening, weekends and mobile to mobile minutes which all reduce costs , while mvnos have to pay the same amount for any minute no matter if mobile to mobile, weekends or nights. Tracfone's Straight talk and Net10 once had their limits posted under their Terms/conditions as 43,200 and 50,000 respectively which make them effectively truly unlimited for a 30 day stretch. NO mvno can give truly unlimited. Air Voice actually admirably tried to be straight up and offered their 5000 minute/10000 text plans as such but honestly above say 1200/1500 minutes, it's unlimited or nothing. Nobody wants to buy anything else. And Red Pocket still has a 3000 minute plan on one of their plans but nothing sells like "unlimited" whether completely true or not...I like Air Voice regardless and use them but their higher end plans could certainly use a revamp. With Net10, H20 and even Gophone getting helping heapings of data on their higher end Att based plans, it's high time Air Voice got some more data on their higher end stuff, Good 2 Go and other Att mvnos should too...taking too long. That's how the mvnos had their competitive edge eroded, the prepaid divisions caught up and the gap isn't what it used to be.. I mean Att mvnos offer $60 for 2-3 gigs and Gophone is offering 8 gigs at that price, just no comparison. Verizon letting its lower end plans go means it's focusing on the higher end data offerings on Verizon prepaid and letting mvnos fight for the low end low data and talk/text scraps. Nice to have the mvnos by where it hurts and squeeze them and they can't do anything about it for the big four... I miss the era when Cricket, Metro and Page Plus were all independents and not owned by the Big Four and Tracfone. We need that again but I don't see it happening... that's why companies like Air Voice (been around since 1999, one of the three oldest mvnos in the USA) are more important then ever....
    I ran into an issue with airvoice, but they did not seem to be bothered to turn my tt back on.

Great company they are.

But hey man, thanks for all of the info!

Feedback Score
    I wish AV had 1GB rollover for $10 on the $20 UTnT.